Spring House Barrel Reserve Society Memberships

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt I'd join but it does seem interesting. However, I agree with xnicknj in that I couldn't make the hour and a half trip up there every month. I'll keep hoping for a local society to start somewhere.

They have been dropping hints and brief mention about barrel aging for what seems like years now. I recall first mention/rumor of "BA Big G" before the taproom even opened. I never expected them to drop a bomb on us and have a society though.

Im planning on trying to get/split a membership. Springhouse is my buddys favorite brewery and ive been drinking a lot of their stuff lately because thats his thing. Im probably in the minority here but im more excited about the barrel aged saisons with fruit and brett than I am the stouts.

Edit: same discussion is on BA. I'll do a copy pasta of my negative thoughts.

"Im sure this will end well...

2 weeks away and they currently dont have a functioning online web shop. Yet that is how they are going to do the exclusive sales for this? It seems like they did their homework regarding other aspects of this club. Good on them. Online sales elevates the potential lineup of people and the inevitable "shut out" drama every time due to miscalculations of bottle limits/turnout.

Im not gonna lie, i've been looking forward to this for a long time and the list of beers sound great. However, im gonna be pissed if I get shut out on this and then see people from across the country looking for a trustee. Ive already had someone halfway across the country ask me to trustee for them and they have never even had a spring house brew. sigh"

Last edited:
I was kinda interested in this when it was first announced but having to go out there within 30 days every time a bottle is released is kind of a pain in the ass.

I'm 3 hours away and this is exactly why I won't be signing up. If I could go down every few months and pick up a bunch I'd sign up in a heartbeat.

I get the apprehension on the pick up every 30 days, hopefully there'll be people in the community willing to help out (I will if anyone does end up joining (contingent to getting a membership) and can't make it). The one issue I have is paying this money for a short window, June-October (for at least what is confirmed by the site). If they do this again in 2015 I would hope it'd be spread throughout the year and lengthen the pick up frame.

Per FB/Twitter:
Well, you guys broke our website! We have someone working on the issue now and will post here when the issue is resolved. Our apologies. We know you're just as excited as we are about the Barrel Reserve Society

I decided against signing up. Getting there from S-WB area once a month is tough and on their facebook they said extra bottles were going to run about $28 a piece.

Breweries + eCommerce =

Je5kLFu.gif

If Spring House's 200 memberships breaks their website what would happen if Kane offered a reserve society membership? Broken internet?

If Spring House's 200 memberships breaks their website what would happen if Kane offered a reserve society membership? Broken internet?

lets put this in perspective a little bit

the bruery produces literally thousands of bottles of black tuesday and upwards of a thousand ?? people crush their website when black tuesday goes on sale (they still dont have their process perfected and they have been outsourcing their online webshop to "IT professionals")

kane had 1 release which im guessing less than 500 people attended (just throwing guesses here as i dont have first hand experience) would even 1,000 people try to sign up? i personally doubt it

spring house literally had leas than 200 people f5'in the **** out of a website that basically was run on the equivalent of a TI-89 calculator. they are still very small and so is their fan base willing to pay out for a program that is not even proven to be quality.

if you wanna talk about bringing the interwebz down. its gonna take something on the level of a special alcohol society that upon membership gives you the mixed choice of
1. unlimited access to a vintage lambic selection from cantillon's cellar
2. a mixed case of the worlds most sought after bourbon
3. any wine from any vintage ever released
4. a set of all talkbeer glasses (past, present and future)

lets put this in perspective a little bit

the bruery produces literally thousands of bottles of black tuesday and upwards of a thousand ?? people crush their website when black tuesday goes on sale (they still dont have their process perfected and they have been outsourcing their online webshop to "IT professionals")

kane had 1 release which im guessing less than 500 people attended (just throwing guesses here as i dont have first hand experience) would even 1,000 people try to sign up? i personally doubt it

spring house literally had leas than 200 people f5'in the **** out of a website that basically was run on the equivalent of a TI-89 calculator. they are still very small and so is their fan base willing to pay out for a program that is not even proven to be quality.

if you wanna talk about bringing the interwebz down. its gonna take something on the level of a special alcohol society that upon membership gives you the mixed choice of
1. unlimited access to a vintage lambic selection from cantillon's cellar
2. a mixed case of the worlds most sought after bourbon
3. any wine from any vintage ever released
4. a set of all talkbeer glasses (past, present and future)
500 people were able to physically show up at the jersey shore on a saturday morning. I think 1000 would be able to log onto a website without having to leave their office/couch/job

This is do dumb. If you want to speculate about Kane, take it to the Kane and/or NJ thread. No need to have a dick measuring contest here. Kudos to Spring House for drumming up that much interest. I have two friends that got in and I'm looking forward to trying some of their beers this summer.

This is do dumb. If you want to speculate about Kane, take it to the Kane and/or NJ thread. No need to have a dick measuring contest here. Kudos to Spring House for drumming up that much interest. I have two friends that got in and I'm looking forward to trying some of their beers this summer.
they must not have drummed up that much interest... 200 memberships were made available. 19 of them are still unsold as of an hour or so ago.

wait, did i just decrease these bottles trade value because i shed the light on the option to buy them still exists 20 hours after the fact?

i dont think its necessary to bring the whole dick waving chatter into this topic. or the obligatory whats better monitonous beeradvocate discussion either. we are just chatting up some discussion in an otherwise slow moving subforum

nomsayin?

they must not have drummed up that much interest... 200 memberships were made available. 19 of them are still unsold as of an hour or so ago.

wait, did i just decrease these bottles trade value because i shed the light on the option to buy them still exists 20 hours after the fact?

i dont think its necessary to bring the whole dick waving chatter into this topic. or the obligatory whats better monitonous beeradvocate discussion either. we are just chatting up some discussion in an otherwise slow moving subforum

nomsayin?

i feel you bruh

Yeah, I paid for this membership. I'm taking a gamble on this. The beers sound delicious, but like stakem said, anyone who bought a membership has no idea how/if this society is going to succeed. Plus, we just gambled $212 for it.

I think it'll be great, so next time membership rolls around (if it does), it might sell out quicker/have more hype. The first time around, I expected either a sell out a lil later than announcement/straggling on buying since the site already crashed once and pissed a lot of people off.

If anyone wants to trade their second BA Big Gruesome, I have Bell's BA Cherry with your name on it.

thank you spring house for keeping us abreast this vital information about the carbonation level of 1 of the 4 beers. when it becomes over-carbonated like 2 of the other 3 are you going to let us know or dismiss it like you do the tangy sort of infection issue that is present in half the bottles released thus far?

hands down...this club is the worst beer related thing ive ever participated in

a week ago people were proclaiming the newest bloodlust was a winner. IE: the tides have changed and this beer is great!

picked up my bottles yesterday and cracked one open today. absolute horseshit green pepper flavor through and through. ****ing terrible

hands down...this club is the worst beer related thing ive ever participated in

a week ago people were proclaiming the newest bloodlust was a winner. IE: the tides have changed and this beer is great!

picked up my bottles yesterday and cracked one open today. absolute horseshit green pepper flavor through and through. ****ing terrible
Please don't tell me its that bad! I have to go get my 3 bottles before the 11th and I'm dragging my feet as to if its worth the drive, haha. At least the glass is cool;)

Please don't tell me its that bad! I have to go get my 3 bottles before the 11th and I'm dragging my feet as to if its worth the drive, haha. At least the glass is cool;)
It might not be as bad as i make it seem if you go into the experience expecting it to taste like ****. In that senario you might be pleasantly surpised that it isnt that bad. I went into it expecting it to be good based on other's comments of it being "great." Greatness, this is not unless you are only comparing it to the other spring house reserve beers.

I honestly dont want my other bottle. And my friends whom also got memberships dont even want their bottles (of both this and past releases.) If anyone out there reading this has a morbid curiosity about these beers or actually enjoys them. Send me a message. Id love to unload these to someone else and recoup some of the costs associated with this bad decision.

Back