Resolved SSL warnings - certificate issues

Discussion in 'Questions, comments, bugs, etc.' started by flexabull, Feb 5, 2018.

1. flexabull

flexabull

Got a warning from Chrome when I went to the site this morning and now I'm seeing the Red Sign with "Not secure" next to the site address.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2018
    souredstouts, pjs234 and tikk like this.
  2. Gene

Gene

Hmm... that is odd. I did make some changes to the SSL configuration this morning, but Chrome isn't giving me the "not secure" message. Anyone else having this issue?

And flexabull can you post or PM me with a screenshot, and any other details Chrome gives you when you click on the warning message?

Edit: I've done all sorts of diagnostics, loaded the site through various connections near and far, cleared caches (maybe that's your issue actually) and done everything I can think of to identify a problem - all looks 100% good. I am super interested to see what Chrome is telling you in the details behind the warning.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  3. souredstouts

souredstouts

I had the same thing happen this once this morning. Cleared everything on my end and it has not shown back up since the one time this morning. Probably from when you were tinkering around.

flexabull, Gene and tosh like this.
  4. flexabull

flexabull

I’ll take a look tomorrow, this was happening on my work computer.

Thanks.

Gene and tosh like this.
  5. flexabull

flexabull

Everything looks good now. Thanks again Gene.

Gene likes this.
  6. flexabull

flexabull

Edit : The issue has cropped up again. I'll cleared cache and it's still there.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  7. Rock31

Rock31

I used to get that all the time at work when using Chrome at work, just gave in and switched to IE for Talkbeer while at work.

flexabull likes this.
  8. flexabull

flexabull

I tried IE and it gives me the same sort of warning, "Certificate Error/Untrusted Certificate".

9. Gene

Gene

Interesting. Can you send the details? It should give you more info if you click on the message.

Edit: Would be interested in any details you can get from Chrome and/or IE. Feel free to PM everything to me.

flexabull and souredstouts like this.
  10. OldMetalGuy

OldMetalGuy

just happened to me, took about 5 minutes of banging away on refresh before it went away

Firefox 52.5.0

flexabull likes this.
  11. Gene

Gene

Could just be that some things need a few days to propagate around the internet.

12. Gene

Gene

Looks like for whatever reason you guys are sometimes not hitting the edge server, which is odd. It would be less odd if it hadn't been working earlier... without seeing the many potential layers of caching going on between your computers and the internet, it's hard to know. I'm still going to say that this should resolve automatically for you before the end of the week... but I'm going to do more digging.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    souredstouts likes this.
  13. Gene

Gene

Worked with OldMetalGuy to determine the issue was a decommissioned Comcast DNS server in his configuration. So flexabull I am sure there's a similar issue on your end. Should eventually resolve itself either way, but you may want to look into which DNS servers you're configured to use and make sure everything is correct.

mateoloco, Photekut and flexabull like this.
  14. RyanG

RyanG Previously Hot Dog Sandwich

It's the Russians.

15. ac24

ac24

[​IMG]

mateoloco and mborden like this.