Steve_0 does Boston and Vermont

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve_0

Reaction score
Fellow TBers I'm sure you get threads like this all the time, but my wife and I will be descending upon Boston and VT starting May 21st through the 26th. I will be coming in 4 days prior to that for work, but don’t anticipate having much time for anything.

Anyways, we are headed to Waterbury Vermont on the evening of the 21st and plan on hitting Prohibition Pig and the Craft Beer Cellar. We will then be getting up early to go to Hill Farmstead, picking up bottles and growlers, going to Willey’s for some cheese and heading back to Boston. What time should I get in line at the brewery to be towards the front of the line? I really don’t want to wait in line for 3+ hours. Also, where is my best bet for picking up Alchemist and Lawson’s stuff?

I’ve checked out some other threads and have a few things on my radar in Boston like Lord Hobo, Trillium, and Row 34, but also want to get a better perspective from locals. We will be staying towards the North End and don’t want to venture too far (the trip to Vermont is because I’m an HF fanboy), so places near the central metro are appreciated.

What are some other must stops?
Favorite places to eat? (doesn’t have to be beer oriented)
Favorite places for Coffee and breakfast?
Must see touristy spots?
Any other suggestions . . .

Also I would love to set up some IP trades either in Boston, at Prohibition Pig, or at Hill Farmstead (on Friday May 22nd). Really looking for anything hoppy from Tree House, Alchemist, or Lawsons. Would love to get some cans from these guys as I just don’t think I will have time to go to Hunger Mountain or go searching around. Would also be looking for anything from HF thats not currently on the shelf or barrel-aged stuff. I can bring stuff from Casey, Crooked Stave reserve beers from 2013 or 2014, recent Crooked Stave or Avery releases, Ale Apothecary, Jester King Atrial or Nocturn, and plenty of others in the cellar. Just let me know and we can discuss.

Thanks for looking and all advice is much appreciated!!

Back