Storage recommendations?

Discussion in 'Cellaring Beer' started by 50 States Quest, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Ol_Johnny_Skippelwicky

Ol_Johnny_Skippelwicky

Check out France44.com for some upper Midwest goodies shipped right to your door. Let me know if you want recommendations.

KevSal and 50 States Quest like this.
  2. 50 States Quest

50 States Quest

Thank you! I have definitely incorporated France44.com into my plan. Also, Bruisin' Ales in North Carolina has a great selection of states.

Recommendations for Wisconsin or Ohio? Favors IPAs followed by porters or stouts, then on to lagers, red ales, etc. Fruity beers are at the bottom of the list.

3. 50 States Quest

50 States Quest

Thanks, palmeji1! I think I have made a friend in Alabama. If not, I will reach out to you. I appreciate your help!

palmej1 likes this.
  4. Mugatu

Mugatu

I can track down some New Glarus. They typically have an Imperial IPA called Scream in Spring/summer otherwise I’m sure moon man or spotted cow would do the trick

5. brian4beer

brian4beer

I can help with Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan if needed

souredstouts likes this.
  6. KevSal

KevSal

what did you find for south dakota? i’ve heard both dakotas are hard

7. 50 States Quest

50 States Quest

I've been so lucky with the amazing offers for help on this project. The neighbor of a coworker was taking a hunting trip to South Dakota and brought back something from The Knuckle Brewing Company in Sturgis. ND was available from France 44 - a Drekker.

sliverx, Gene, Photekut and 1 other person like this.
  8. 50 States Quest

50 States Quest

Thank you so much! I have already checked each of these states off my list. I'm just down to Maine, which is occasionally available here in Washington state.

duketheredeemer and Gene like this.
  9. Mugatu

Mugatu

Allagash?

Gene and tikk like this.
  10. 50 States Quest

50 States Quest

I think Sea Dog and Shipyard might be easier to get in Washington State than Allagash. But I'm pretty sure I can get Allagash online from Craft Beer Kings. Either way, I think I'm on the home stretch! Thank you for the tips!

nanobrew likes this.
  11. KevSal

KevSal

sounds like youve completed a lot! which states are u missing?

nanobrew likes this.
  12. 50 States Quest

50 States Quest

Can you believe only one?! Down to Maine, which I can purchase from Craft Beer Kings. They won't be the freshest, but it's about the novelty, really...

13. BadJustin

BadJustin Moderator Staff Member

Ya know,I honestly thought you were fucking with us when you joined. Pretty cool to watch you see this through to fruition.

14. 50 States Quest

50 States Quest

My Craft Beer Kings package came in the mail yesterday. I officially have everything in hand except those that are always offered locally. They'll probably taste terrible by April....but who cares!

Now, figuring out how to manage a 50-beer flight/sampler for 10+ people is the next logistics hurdle...

I will be back to post pictures and details in a few months. Thank you for all of the support!

15. 50 States Quest

50 States Quest

So the big event was in April...and it was epic! A total success. We ended up with 51 beers (Washington D.C. was a bonus beer!). None were so old that they were not drinkable. Most of the beers were stored refrigerated for 1 to 6 months.

For the actual sampling we had guests walk from station to station for about 17 tasters. There was a break of an hour or so between each round, with three rounds in total. I estimate about 12 people made it through the entire thing - including the birthday boy, of course!

I made a fact sheet for each beer and then a map for each region. I'm posting a sample of our home state of Washington and the regional maps along with some photos.
    Fridge.jpg View 1.jpg View 2.jpg Before pour.jpg Pour.jpg After round.jpg Kicking off.jpg Complete.jpg Graph.jpg Posters.jpg

Thanks to all for your suggestions and replies!

16. 50 States Quest

50 States Quest

The maps and the full list. Some of the states had more than one option for guests to choose from.

Attached Files:

17. BadJustin

BadJustin Moderator Staff Member

Hey 50 States Quest, thanks for the update! Nice work and congrats on achieving your goal. Looks like a blast!

Cheers!

18. KevSal

KevSal

This is extremely impressive! and you are very awesome for putting it all together for your husband. I hope he returns the favor on your birhtdays

19. iong516

iong516

+1

BigFrank likes this.