US - Northwest Structures Brewing Updates

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by structuresbrewing, Nov 5, 2016.

1. structuresbrewing

structuresbrewing

December 2nd and 3rd will mark our 1 year anniversary! During our first year we brewed 50 different beers, filled 47 wine and spirit barrels, added a new fermenter, and purchased a Wild Goose Canning line.

Beginning at 3pm on Friday, December 2nd we will release 4 new packaged beers and have our dear friends from Feast (a food truck on another level) parked out front.

CANS
    - "Fuzz" IPA brewed with Mosaic 5.5%abv and dry hopped excessively with Mosaic. (Fuzz = Haze)

- "IPA" brewed with Citra, Chinook, Columbus and dry hopped with Citra and Mosaic.

BOTTLES - Will always be bottled conditioned
    - "Ognam" a mixed fermented IPA aged in French wine barrels for 9 months and conditioned atop FRESH mangoes for 2 months.

- "Focus" our first blend....equal parts Biere de Miel aged in French wine barrels for 7 months, and a tart Saison aged in Hungarian oak for 8 months. All parts were fermented in our Puncheons.

IPA freshness is vital to us and it should be vital to our customers. Buying beer from us when we offer it means our customers are getting it fresh, and is guaranteed to be stored cold. It goes both ways though, by buying from the source it means we can continue to brew exactly the beers we want our customer base to taste and feel, giving us the ability to use ingredients that are in season and of the highest quality, and allows us to pay our employees livable wages!

- Structures

2. NAD1983

NAD1983

I love what you guys are doing especially since I went to school in Bellingham, but you may want to participate a bit more before you jump in and put your event on blast. I do have a lot of questions (mainly what your plans for the canning line are) but you should poke around a bit and a feel for the site and contribute.

Unfortunately I predict a single Photekut like in your future. Once you understand what that means you will be well on your way to making sense of this crazy site.

litheum94, rrrjjj, FoudreGuy and 5 others like this.
  3. structuresbrewing

structuresbrewing

Hey, thanks for the thoughtful response. Please ask questions about our canning plans.

Photekut likes this.
  4. AnotherPint4Ole

AnotherPint4Ole

How often do you anticipate you'll be having can releases?

5. FoudreGuy

FoudreGuy

I've enjoyed the beers you've been sending to Seattle, really dug Splash and Iteration. Is canning going to be a regular thing or "release event announcement" only?

6. black_cascade

black_cascade

Hey man, this is Max from Structures.

We will have can releases one to two times per month.

7. black_cascade

black_cascade

Glad you've enjoyed our beer, thank you for the support! We will be canning on a regular basis, we purchased a canning machine from Wild Goose. We will also have a lot more bottle conditioned beers rolling out in the coming months.

Podunkparte and waltersrj like this.
  8. AnotherPint4Ole

AnotherPint4Ole

Thanks Max! Can't wait to get back for another visit. Hopefully for the anniversary.

9. litheum94

litheum94

Oh, the Seahawks guy. ;)

10. waltersrj

waltersrj

Max I'm stoked that you guys have been running your brewery for almost a full year! Cheers to you guys. I remember you telling me all about it when you were leaving WF Redmond. For anyone that doesn't already know... black_cascade is a great dude.

libbey and black_cascade like this.
  11. Are your mangoes hand peeled?

12. black_cascade

black_cascade

Haha yes, that's me.....the infamous NFC title game guy.

Stubs, Podunkparte and litheum94 like this.
  13. black_cascade

black_cascade

Peeled em with potato peelers. Mangoes have by far been the biggest pain in the dick of all the fruit we've processed, but the beer turned out rad!

14. black_cascade

black_cascade

Thanks for stopping in today man, nice to meet you!

NAD1983 likes this.
  15. black_cascade

black_cascade

Thank you for the kind words!

waltersrj likes this.
  16. NAD1983

NAD1983

Good meeting you as well!

I really enjoyed everything I had while I was there and the proximity to Super Marios was clutch.

17. black_cascade

black_cascade

Those wonder burritos have gotten us through many long brew days, and we're all about that green sauce

waltersrj likes this.
  18. FoudreGuy

FoudreGuy

Chucks got some IPA 4-packs yesterday for anyone interested. $15 a pop.

waltersrj likes this.
  19. NAD1983

NAD1983

I saw that. It sounds like they will get cans moving forward, which is awesome.

I'm sad to say that the cans aren't as good as draft IMO (good lawd that IPA was good up in Bellingham) but it's their first canning run so I'm not surprised.

black_cascade and FoudreGuy like this.
  20. FoudreGuy

FoudreGuy

Sounds like the plan is to send whatever (canned only) doesn't sell in the first week or so down to Chucks and Beer Junction to ensure freshness.