US - Mid-Atlantic Suarez Family Brewery

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Os, Jun 24, 2016.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. Fenyx

Fenyx Administrator Staff Member

I just did a link embed from Instagram and had no problem. If this continues for you, please make a post up in the Support area so we don't derail this thread. Thanks,

2. MKtheGeneral

MKtheGeneral

Aiming to be there around 215/230 tomorrow with the little guy. Hope to see some of you there.

seedavid, Phin and axeman9182 like this.
  3. MKtheGeneral

MKtheGeneral

Never thought I’d say this.. but I drove 2 hours each way and was most excited to leave with multiple growlers of the mild, Saunter. No regrets... truly an incredible beer.

Also quite excited to leave with more Slow Bustle, Parlance and Summer Whoa.

apatrick17, Os, Phin and 6 others like this.
  4. tylerk88

tylerk88

(Link to media)

Popped a few fruited bottles this afternoon. At risk of sounding hyperbolic, I don’t know that I’ve ever had better fruited beers. They’re all so well balanced. Often times these types of beers are far too acidic for me, and that’s just not the case here.

5. bdalik

bdalik

I think what you're experiencing is the magic of whole, quality fruit. Tons of producers forego the use of whole fruit due to its complications and tedious processing, but beers with whole fruit easily stand out. Tons of guys use puree'd stuff in a can, and that shows as well. Also, Dan is a wizard.

6. Thevicster

Thevicster

#realfruitbeers as opposed to wilds/sours. Iirc Dan has stated that no souring bacteria is introduced into the beer

theLostWizard likes this.
  7. thegerm87

thegerm87

Trying to head out to Suarez next week - saw Local Boy is being released. Been a long while since I’ve last made the trip. Do the bottles still hang around for a bit?

theLostWizard and tikk like this.
  8. Kraftster

Kraftster

Had my first Kinda Classic tonight. What an accomplishment this beer is. I’ve never had anything with quite so much classic Belgian saison character but also a decidedly American tartness, salinity, minerality profile. It is exactly as advertised. Cheers!

(Link to media)

9. angry_lobster

angry_lobster

Interested in getting some Suarez saison/wild ales but don’t have too much knowledge as to rarity/availability/taste consensus of their releases. Don’t want to be foolish and/or overreaching about what to ask for; any tldr advice would be appreciated.

air and theLostWizard like this.
  10. seedavid

seedavid

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't speak Secondary Market Homie, but irrespective of batch numbers, I believe it sort of goes like this:

Most .rar - Domain

Then Leifer (the rhubarb beer), and "Vintage" (which I think really just means some sort of more premium blend? I forget) versions of country beers (Call to Mind, 100 ft. North)

Then all the other fruit beers (Merkel, Parlance, Summer Woah...I think that's the rest)

Then pretty much all of the rotating country beers except for 100 ft. North and Triangular Nature, which I think are produced more frequently, and also Kinda Classic, which isn't a country beer but is very tasty and refreshing

Then 100 ft. North and Triangular Nature

Then the less frequently seen canned offerings, which I think is just Cabana Pils and Fine Line Kolsch

Then depending on your preference, cans of Palatine Pils or Qualify Pils

Least .rar - Then the remaining non-sour/saison/fruit beer draft offerings

I hope this has been in some way helpful.

Padraig, air, MKtheGeneral and 3 others like this.
  11. angry_lobster

angry_lobster

Perfect, thank you!

seedavid likes this.
  12. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

get you some Proclivity

angry_lobster likes this.
  13. gregkoko

gregkoko

Heading up next Saturday and couldn't be more excited

14. gregkoko

gregkoko

Any toddler friendly lunch recommendations in the area? Looking to grab food around noon-ish before heading over to Suarez. From a quick search in the thread, it seems Gaskins is a good restaurant in the area but doesn't look to be open for lunch. Papa's Best is just a truck right? No seating?

edit: http://www.suarezfamilybrewery.com/faq was helpful but still up for recs

tikk likes this.
  15. seedavid

seedavid

Papa's Best has I think 3 or 4 picnic tables, at least one of which is in the shade. I think there's a craft fair some weekends inside the barn on the property as well, but I don't know what the schedule is like.

Phin and gregkoko like this.
  16. gregkoko

gregkoko

I think the farm may just be the winner in general. Seems like a bunch of good food there. Maybe pick some strawberries with the kiddo

seedavid likes this.
  17. jammery

jammery

Look at you. HF and Suarez in back to back to weeks. Next thing I know you'll be doing the full summer tour.

JulianB, Os, seedavid and 3 others like this.
  18. gregkoko

gregkoko

Trip to Suarez is my Father's Day gift. And I'll have you know I'm going to BOTH SPAC SHOWS now.

So pumped to drink some Fine Line Kolsch at the can shack