Swing Top Cellaring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevanb

Reaction score
Been seeing some chatter about this after the 3L Adam release. My uncle gave me a 3L Samichlaus for Christmas this past winter and I have pretty no plans to open this anytime soon. How valid is the argument that the rubber will dry and crack? Is it worth ****ing around and waxing it?

Like all cellaring, it probably depends on your conditions. I'd guess that in Chicago you don't need to worry too much about swingtop seals, but what are your storage conditions? Can you maintain reasonably consistent humidity and temperature?

Like all cellaring, it probably depends on your conditions. I'd guess that in Chicago you don't need to worry too much about swingtop seals, but what are your storage conditions? Can you maintain reasonably consistent humidity and temperature?

It's being stored in an unfinished basement that stays pretty nicely between 45-60 throughout the year

Back