Taking my beer drinking online

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BeerandNoise, May 13, 2018.

1. BeerandNoise

BeerandNoise

Joined to talk (or debate) beer. You can find me often around Portland. Currently traveling in Arkansas/Oklahoma/Louisiana. Picked up some BDCS yesterday from Ozark Brewing Co. & some good finds from American Solera. Tell me more Beers/breweries to watch for in the area. Heading to North Louisiana tomorrow, hoping to hit up Great Raft.

Cheerz

jmgrub, Marc, exitmusic00 and 6 others like this.
  2. tikk

tikk

Welcome to Talkbeer!

Marc, BrandoSF, tosh and 2 others like this.
  3. Compton25

Compton25

Just a heads up, Great Raft is only open Wednesday-Saturday. If you come thru Texarkana, give me a shout.

4. BeerandNoise

BeerandNoise

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to stop by Great Raft on my way back on Wednesday then. I'll be in Ruston, but may look for some bottles in Shreveport. Any beers/breweries you would suggest to watch for? Or good spots to look for bottles in Shreveport? I didn't find a good spot in Ruston when I was there in December, but better than nothing- had an Innis & Gun and a BA Abita Maple Pecan I found at a local liquor store.

BrandoSF, souredstouts and Stubs like this.
  5. Compton25

Compton25

Cuban’s and Brewniverse are the best bottle shops in town. May be able to find some of the latest batch of Grace and Grit. Cuban’s has a decent Fantome selection as well.

Devine’s and The Keg Package are probably your best bet in Ruston.

6. BeerandNoise

BeerandNoise

Appreciate the advice. Last time I hit up the Keg and it didn't have much. I'll try Divines, I tried the store next door (Rabb's) which had a better selection than the keg. Need some good beers to go with hopefully some amazing crawfish- which I should definitely be able to find. Enjoying a Boulevard Grand Cru right now, likely will be getting a four pack of that to cellar and also would like to grab the Manhattan Cask stout by them I saw here in NW Arkansas.

Stubs, souredstouts and Compton25 like this.
  7. BeerandNoise

BeerandNoise

I misspoke, after looking it up- Divines was the best spot I went. Hoping for a couple interesting beers there tomorrow, last time there was a good wheat ale by a Louisiana brewery I believe. Hey, I may have been at De Garde last week, but I'm not above finding something good for the moment in Ruston.

BrandoSF, Compton25 and Stubs like this.
  8. Stubs

Stubs

I like this guy.

jmgrub, BrandoSF, tosh and 1 other person like this.
  9. coldstorage

coldstorage

[​IMG]

Welcome to TB!

jmgrub, Marc, BrandoSF and 2 others like this.
  10. BadJustin

BadJustin

How do you define a dumpling, is it a sandwich?

jmgrub, Marc, mborden and 2 others like this.
  11. Pharmguy75

Pharmguy75

Welcome!

BrandoSF likes this.
  12. Half the signups are without an avatar in the ultimo noob move.

This guy?

Best fuckin' avatar on the site from day 1.

Checks location: Portland, OR

Fuck me, this is a subversive avatar isn't it?

Whatever, still dig it.

jmgrub, Marc, The Ryan and 2 others like this.
  13. BeerandNoise

BeerandNoise

Appreciate the advise and made some finds..

At Divines in Ruston-
    Fantome Coffee Ruby, pretty damn mediocre in my opinion. Not terrible, but my least enjoyed Fantome beer yet.
    Abita Bourbon Street Rye pale- not bad, not amazing.
    and some Great Raft Pale Ale, way hoppier than expected, but could be the lack of hops I've been drinking since being in the South
    The wheat beer I was thinking of was Parish brewing canebreaker

Tonore's in Monroe, La-
    Prairie Vape Tricks-to be cracked
    Great Raft All Tomorrows- Much enjoyed, hoppier farmhouse
    Great Raft Provisions 7 Traditions- to be cracked, likley going to pdx w/ me
    Nebraska Brewing MOAB- to be cracked, likely going to pdx w/ me

And today happened to grab crawfish in Shreveport so went to Cubans, wow their buyer must be into Belgian beers (but opted for USA breweries I had never seen)
    New Braunfels, a barrel aged sour wheat and another 750ml saison/farmhouse
    St. Somewhere Brewing Saison Athene

I was overall surprise with what I found compared to last time, but like I said the Fantome which I think was a year or two old, I have batch #, but didn't see bottle date was not nearly as good as other Fantome beers. But, I must say I have now tried quite a few Great Raft beers and may be the best all around brewery in Louisiana, but didn't make it to their facility.

Compton25 likes this.
  14. BeerandNoise

BeerandNoise

Subversive, enlightening, provocative. All depends on your predisposed assumptions and your willingness to rid or reinforce them.

But, believe me I enjoy your avatar just as much. I've been to magic city.. Next time I'm in Nevada lets pop some bottles.

15. Compton25

Compton25

Glad you had a good trip. I stopped by GR today to pick up a case of Grace and Grit. If you have the time before you leave, happy to host you in Texarkana. Plenty of good beer and good food to share.

raginasian238 and BrandoSF like this.
  16. BeerandNoise

BeerandNoise

Damn, would have been great to run into you at Great Raft, but we were in town before they opened. I'd totally take you up on the offer, but am back in NW Arkansas now. I was traveling with my sister who's not into beer and had to get back for work. But, if ya happen to be up in NW Arkansas before the 22nd or the true Northwest anytime (Oregon or Washington) would love to grab some beers. Really appreciate the hospitality, as I've been sayin the South does it right in food and attitude. Also, let me know if there's anything your ever looking for up in this area I'm happy to pick up some extra bottles to hold or ship.

Compton25 and Photekut like this.