Talk Beer's Official ThugLIFe Battlerap Contest 2018

Discussion in 'Beer-It-Forward' started by mborden, Apr 11, 2018.

1. mborden

mborden

Why?

[​IMG]

I've spent some time reading through the other ThugLIFe threads over the past few days and damn, I miss that ish. So I'm sponsoring the LIF this year. Winner will get a box of PNW love from me. I probably should have sponsored the one after I won Beerontwowheels original LIF, but I shirked my responsibility and Gretlawn sponsored another one that got less participation (myself included; SHAME)! Anyway, I hope to right that wrong here.

I'm going to run this one a little differently this time. To compete, you must post a video or audio track of yourself rapping about something beer related (a specific beer, beer trading, homebrewing, etc.). Rules are as follows:

1) The rap needs to be at least 90 seconds long.
    2) Your TB username must appear in the rap at some point (get creative).
    3) Your submission must include written lyrics.
    4) The winner will be determined by "likes". The rap with the most "likes" wins.
    5) This time there will be no video requirement, so you can submit an audio track if you like. However, I acknowledge that making a video takes time and effort above just an audio track, so video submissions will get 15 bonus "likes" on top of whatever they otherwise receive.

Timing of the submissions is going to be as follows:
    1) You have between now and June 30 to submit your rap to ME via message. Do NOT post it in this thread. This is your proof of eligibility.
    2) On July 1 YOU will post YOUR submission(s) to this thread. I'm not a dirty like thief.
    3) The voting process will be open through July 31, at which time I will announce the winner.

My hope is that the rule changes do a couple things. First, incentivize people to participate who might not want to make a video. Second, by not posting anything until the submission window is closed, I hope to not discourage folks who see a great rap early on and think "I can't beat that". Third, give every rap the same amount of time in the thread to get voted on.

So let's get rappin'! I'll be submitting a rap of my own as well. Feel free to post anything that is NOT your rap submission between now and June 30 to get excitement going.

Past LIFs for inspiration:
    https://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/talk-beers-official-thug-life-battlerap-contest.11417/
    https://www.talkbeer.com/community/...cial-thuglife-battlerap-contest-part-2.21641/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2018
  2. quirkzoo

quirkzoo

I also shirked my responsibility. I won Gretlawns and had all intentions to run my own but lost my job and then had a pretty bad car accident. I have a couple of “tracks” that I am working on that I will add to the mix but not as official submissions.

3. jivex5k

jivex5k

Yeah I bailed on the last one after committing. Sign me up, I look forward to doing it again.

Beerontwowheels and mborden like this.
  4. mborden

mborden

Oh shit! That sucks man. I hope things are trending up from that. Feel free to drop any non submission fire in the thread at will.

Beerontwowheels likes this.
  5. BadJustin

BadJustin Moderator Staff Member

I'll be someone's hype man if they need one, I can shotgun beers or something.

6. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels

I AM FUCKING IN.

What's the best way to record audio with an iPhone? I think I need an external microphone?

Marc, jivex5k, mborden and 1 other person like this.
  7. brystmar

brystmar

8. mborden

mborden

I'm no help here technology wise but I think some rapper/producer types have done soup-to-nuts on their iPhones so like Kevin Garnett, anything is possible.

9. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels

Are you open to relaxing rule #6? I'd be willing to submit more than one video/recording.

10. quirkzoo

quirkzoo

mborden will hoard all the videos and then post them at the same time... under his own account... and the competition is based on likes...

Folks, we got ourselves a complicated “like” scam.

He is just trying to inflate his numbers off the hardworking backs of beer drinkers that have little to no musical talent.

You sly fox you.

rrrjjj, Fingolfin, MikeJones and 12 others like this.
  11. mborden

mborden

[​IMG]

Rule 6 is officially struketh from the bookseth. I think that releasing all the raps on the same day will mitigate any issues.

Gretlawn and Beerontwowheels like this.
  12. mborden

mborden

[​IMG]

Der Fuchs, ggfunk, Fingolfin and 2 others like this.
  13. mborden

mborden

In reality I didn't think of that... it was not my intention.

[​IMG]

Please submit to me as "proof" of submission prior to June 30 and then post your own in this thread on July 1. Only raps that were submitted to me prior to July 1 will be eligible for dat sweet prize beer.

14. BadJustin

jivex5k and tosh like this.
  15. mborden

mborden

Do you mean the OG thread that I clearly linked in the first post?

16. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels

but why?

17. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels

That can't be bumped because some communist locked the thread...

quirkzoo, BadJustin and mborden like this.
  18. BadJustin

Mike, we've met, I am a little 'distant' at times.

Der Fuchs, Marc, jivex5k and 4 others like this.
  19. mborden

mborden

[​IMG]

Gretlawn likes this.
  20. mborden

mborden

[​IMG]

BadJustin likes this.