Tampa Trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michigander1

Reaction score
Hey guys

I am being sent down to Tampa for a week for work and am looking for the best places for beer. Obviously Cigar City is at the top of our list, but I am looking for recommendations for other brewpubs, bars and bottle shops.

Thanks
Al

I'll going Tuesday, so I'll tag this thread for info. Actually going to Orlando, then driving down for the day. Might hit Cycle Brewing also (a little farther drive though).

Will you have a car?

Tampa or Tampa Bay Area? As Kirb said, Rapp, 7venth, Cycle are the better choices.

Pair o dice brewing is about a 5 min drive from Rapp.

Dunedin brewery is a 5 minute walk from 7venth Sun.

And Cycle is about a 5-10 minute walk to Green Bench/3 Daughters/Saint Pete brewery.

Will you have a car?

Tampa or Tampa Bay Area? As Kirb said, Rapp, 7venth, Cycle are the better choices.

Pair o dice brewing is about a 5 min drive from Rapp.

Dunedin brewery is a 5 minute walk from 7venth Sun.

And Cycle is about a 5-10 minute walk to Green Bench/3 Daughters/Saint Pete brewery.

Thanks for the replies.

Working and staying in Tampa, but will to canvas the entire area. We will be staying over the weekend (both of us into craft beer) and will have a car.

They told me they are waiting to open to determine bottle limit. I'm gonna try to get out there but I am working so hopefully it will be around for the night.
I'm sure you got plenty of people to take care of so don't worry bout me unless you luck into a bunch lol. Do you know the details and how the release usually goes?

Do they start release when they open? Pondering a drive down just not sure if it's doable ot not yet.
Per Cycle, "The time has come. RareR DOS bottle release starts tomorrow, Tuesday, July 22, at 3 p.m. No growlers, these are actual (bonafide) bottles.

$20 per bottle. A limited supply of RareR DOS will be available on tap for $9 per snifter.

This is not an event like we have done in the past, with a multitude of taps and special one-off kegs. This is just a bottle release of RareR DOS.

We do have a traditional Cycle event planned for our one year party, on Friday, August 15th. Expect new beers and old favorites. We will open that Friday at NOON."

Per Cycle, "The time has come. RareR DOS bottle release starts tomorrow, Tuesday, July 22, at 3 p.m. No growlers, these are actual (bonafide) bottles.

$20 per bottle. A limited supply of RareR DOS will be available on tap for $9 per snifter.

This is not an event like we have done in the past, with a multitude of taps and special one-off kegs. This is just a bottle release of RareR DOS.

We do have a traditional Cycle event planned for our one year party, on Friday, August 15th. Expect new beers and old favorites. We will open that Friday at NOON."
Damn can't make it with that time. Need to try to make it to August 15th event though. Thanks for the info pgh_penguins .

Work later that day? You could get your bottles and make it back to Orlando by 5. ;) 275 exit is only a few blocks away.
Lol it will be pushing it but I may try. Birthday is Monday and having a party Saturday so I want some good brews to celebrate with. You should come to Otown Saturday :D

Last edited:
Awesome timing on my part, at ohare flying down now. The only day to go there and they release these. Nice..
See anyone that's going there at 3.
Glad I shipped myself a 12 bottle shipper Friday.

Back