Tavour - Know it? Tried it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb67

Reaction score
It's a west-coast only service, but I have a couple friends who use it. For those unfamiliar, it's a concierge service where they email every day with a different unique/hard-to-find/out-of-distro/whatever beer available to purchase. You reply telling them how many you want, then at the end of the month, they ship your box of beer for a flat rate of $15.

I'm always tempted, but they offer a lot of IPAs, which I don't drink, so it didn't seem worth it at all -- until I learned you can push off your shipment until you have more beers in your box. Plus, I'm already behind in my beer drinking, and can't imagine "subscribing" to get even more beer. :p But still, it's tempting...

Today's email, to give you an idea of what they send out:
When a brewer creates a limited series of beers based on their strengths, each release is anticipated a little more until eventually it has a following of Star Wars proportions. And as everyone knows - the second one is the one that forever lingers in our memories.

The second release in Breakside Brewery’s Fruit and Funk Series, Fortunella, epitomizes Breakside’s splashy creativity. It picks right up where its beloved predecessor Tropicalia left of, continually bringing new culinary fruit flavors to a well made Belgian style.

Fortunella is a Witbier on steroids that takes us to a completely different world of with tart kumquats, peppery coriander, and floral chamomile.

In place of typical orange peel, Kumquats’s pucker-inducing zest that fit right in Fortunella’s spicy wheat. German Opal Hops bring out even more lemony notes as well as tingly pepper. Exotic honeysuckle hints from Chamomile expand the bready floral aspects of the wheat and oats in the malt bill. With bigger flavors comes a bigger 6% ABV that adds zing to a shimmering cocktail sparkling crispness and creamy smooth finish.

The Fruit and Funk series showcases Breakside’s award-winning gift for making fruity dynamic ales. Join in with the latest action-packed addition that takes the flavor adventure to new heights. You’re in for a zesty and refreshing treat with an unexpected twist or two… search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Available in California Exclusively Through Tavour.

LIMIT 6 PER MEMBER. Limited Supply. Requests processed in the order received.

Breakside Brewery - Fortunella - $10.99 for a 22 oz bottle
Style: Witbier, ABV: 6%

I'm subscribed for the WA emails but have never ordered. I haven't ever seen anything that has the combination of I want it + I can't get it yet, so they just keep rolling in unanswered. Hypothetically though, could be good, I like their shipping price if you buy a lot

I signed up but I think I can only see beers they offer in the emails they send... Have an example you can post of some stuff they offer, or would that be too much? Definitely interested, and $15 for shipping isn't bad at all if you're an active trader and can reuse that stuff.

I think that's pretty much their focus.
I meant stuff more like Mother of All Storms, BA stuff, etc etc.

That's how it works, no catalog of beer just the daily emails
On my dashboard I can see other beers offered.

X33r4nn.png

Wut

I've literally never logged on, only seen my emails... Shows how much I've paid attention to this...
You're not the only one! Dashboard is news to me as well.

I meant stuff more like Mother of All Storms, BA stuff, etc etc.

On my dashboard I can see other beers offered.

X33r4nn.png

I think you're already ahead of us in the knowledge game, lol.

Oh! But if you do order, use this referral link, and we each get credit on our first orders (I think): https://www.tavour.com/?invitedby=13127
Might be too late if you've already signed up.
That's only if you refer-a-friend. Nice try, scammer.

But f'reals, I would like to Breakside beer in your OP. Wonder when it'll show up in this dashboard.

But f'reals, I would like to Breakside beer in your OP. Wonder when it'll show up in this dashboard.
I should've poisoned your marshmallows...
raspberry.gif

Honestly, I'd forgotten about the referral stuff until I logged in to see my own dashboard. I thought I had a credit from the friend who referred me, but perhaps it expires? *shrug* I've been getting the emails for a couple months, but barely even read them all. Too many IPAs with a few nifty things thrown in between. But between learning that I could push off a shipment, and then seeing kumquat beer... I got interested again.

Just searched my deleted emails for the beers currently in the dashboard; the most recent is from the 16th. So if they don't run out of things after the email offer, it pops up on the dashboard?

This also sounds interesting (Mar 18 email):
When Deschutes’ famous brewer Larry Sidor comes bearing gifts, you let him in!

Larry’s latest present is no fruitcake; it’s celebrated by fans as one of his most luxurious beers yet - the Freakcake.

Freakcake updates the legendary Barrel-Aged Dissident Ale Larry created as head-brewer at Deschutes. Released under his Crux label, Freakcake infuses the slightly tart and deeply chocolatey Oud Bruin recipe with heaps of sour cherries, raisins cranberries, figs, dates, currants and twist of lemon and orange zest.

Fragrant tart berries and leather-like whiskey shine so bright you’ll be stuck entranced with your nose in the glass like a deer caught in the headlights.

All the fruits come to life as you slowly sip. Limitless bourbon melds with brown sugar, dates, cherries, and darkly toasted bread with a dusting of cocoa. Crisp citrus awakens as it warms. Freakcake is smooth through the end, hiding a hearty 10.5% behind flavor after flavor.

Though it’s already incredibly lush from the barrel, Freakcake is a premier beer for aging. Keep it in a dark place at room temperature to bring out the funky wild yeast side or keep it chilled to bring out the dark toasted malts. Either way this is a richly-flavored magnum opus from one of the masters of modern American brewing!

Crux Fermentation Project - Freakcake - $13.99 for a 375ml bottle
Style: Oud Bruin, ABV: 10.5%

I have received a couple of shipments from them. They actually do offer some pretty good beers. Not to mention, you can actually have them ship at any time by chanign things on your dashboard as well.

Some days, I am 12. Today is one of those days. I giggled at today's beer-mail.
We tried emails. We tried phone calls. We tried just about everything to put the pressure on Walking Man Brewing. Finally, our prayers were answered and Homo Erectus, Walking Man’s World Beer Cup-winning Imperial IPA, was bottled for the first time.

This is a juicy Washington secret. Those lucky few who have tried Homo Erectus on tap around the PNW can attest to its lush texture and its striking balance of robust malts and bright, diverse hops.

The star of the Homo Erectus tasting show is undoubtedly the mouthfeel. An eminently quaffable 9% ABV, 90 IBU beer is rare indeed. Homo Erectus achieves this anomaly with a healthy dosing of roasted caramel malts, providing a luxuriant, chewy mouthfeel that leads to an exceptionally smooth, immaculate balance.

Homo Erectus presents a balance of aromas that’s rare for Northwest hop bomb—pine, citrus rind and elegant floral aromas mix with equally pungent brown sugar and roasted malts. A harmonious mix of caramel malt, apple, raisin and ripe stone fruits arrives on the palate first, but is quickly interrupted by leafy, fresh resin that sticks to your palate until the bitter end. Grapefruit zest, brown sugar and honeysuckle augment the undercurrent of bitter hops.

Brewed “in celebration of being erect for two million years,”* Homo Erectus is an exclusive look at one of Washington’s very best long-held craft beer secrets. With world-class ratings and an inimitable texture, Homo Erectus is a palate-expanding IPA experience that hopheads need to try.

*[Call a doctor.]

Available Exclusively Through Tavour in California

90 on Beer Advocate, 97 on Rate Beer

Walking Man Brewing - Homo Erectus - $9.99 for a 22 oz bottle
Style: Imperial IPA, ABV: 9% ; IBU:90

Tavour's currently selling Destihl Counter Clockweisse for $7.99 per 2-pack. Is it jsut me, or does that sound mad high?

Eh, I'd pay the price to play. Westbrook gose sells for 2.99 here...

Seriously? Hell, I'd be more than happy to hook you up with more than you could handle. Would be much cheaper to do that and pay for shiping than pay $2.99/can. That's ridiculous.

Seriously? Hell, I'd be more than happy to hook you up with more than you could handle. Would be much cheaper to do that and pay for shiping than pay $2.99/can. That's ridiculous.

Supply and demand can be a ***** sometimes.

I will take you up on that! With some CO beeeeers. :D that stuff is so bomb.
Plus, I'm all about the ATL.

You know, I still have four cans left that I eagerly await being able to drink in the coming months. If, once I do, it proves to be as enjoyable as I remember, and you're still mailing massive quantities of Gose around the country, I may have to hit you up (with your permission of course).

Tavour's currently selling Destihl Counter Clockweisse for $7.99 per 2-pack. Is it jsut me, or does that sound mad high?
That's pretty high but not horrendous given the service. I paid $11 for a 4-pack here in philly for reference.

just signed up for this, and saw that they have a fremont brewing bourbon barrel aged oatmeal stout. **** yes

In a sea of barrel-aged monoliths there is one shining star that dark beer fans worship like no other …

Fremont Brewing’s Dark Star Bourbon Barrel Aged Oatmeal Stout.

2015’s version is aged longer than ever before and fans have been bombarding the brewery months prior to its release because locals know: this fabled beer runs out fast! We’ve been pulling in every favor we can to secure as much of it as possible.

This year’s release marries 18, 12 and 8-month batches of bourbon barrel-aged Dark Star in 12-year old Kentucky Bourbon barrels. Blending yields immense complexity and creates a flavor profile that can’t be replicated in any single batch.

Nothing can prepare you for the skull splitting symphony of pure whiskey flavor. Notes of spicy chocolate char, fruity tobacco and ribbons of coconut spill over the palate in a 14.5% ABV torrent of booze, booze and more booze.

Generous amounts of oats imbue Dark Star with the velvet-like mouthfeel you yearn for in an Oatmeal Stout and an endless bounty of toasted aromas outshines any bottle of bourbon.

Seattle dark beer aficionados lie in wait for Dark Star – they know just how limited reserves are and how stiff competition can be. As soon as it’s released, they battle purchase caps at the brewery and specialty bottle shops alike – all in order to walk away with as much of this coveted, wax-dipped creation as possible.

93 on Beer Advocate; 100 on RateBeer

Available Exclusively Through Tavour!

Fremont Brewing - Dark Star Bourbon Barrel Aged - $18.99 for a 22 oz bottle
Style: Oatmeal Stout, ABV: 14.5%

Last edited:
just signed up for this, and saw that they have a fremont brewing bourbon barrel aged oatmeal stout. **** yes
Yeah I typically delete their emails because they tend to offer a lot of overpriced crap,but I just checked and wow, they have some good ones lately.

Fremont KDS and Breakside Passionfruit Sour are up on Tavour currently; the price for the latter is pretty steep @ $9.99,but KDS is very very reasonable. Maxed out on that for sure.

Yeah I typically delete their emails because they tend to offer a lot of overpriced crap,but I just checked and wow, they have some good ones lately.

Fremont KDS and Breakside Passionfruit Sour are up on Tavour currently; the price for the latter is pretty steep @ $9.99,but KDS is very very reasonable. Maxed out on that for sure.

I've heard bad things about this year's Passionfruit. Lots of bottle variation apparently, and the bad ones are nothing like last year's. So tread carefully.

Back