TB Blind BIF 2018 : Hints, Hauls, Reviews, BS, etc...

Discussion in 'Beer-It-Forward' started by flexabull, Jun 5, 2018.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. flexabull

flexabull

Target : Nothing to report. I need to shop, I plan on getting a few of your beers in a couple weeks when I am out of town. You box will be shipped closer to the end of the month.

Sender :

[​IMG]

As far as swag items go, I like stickers.

2. libbey

libbey

Also team tasty snack or coffee for swag.

3. KevSal

KevSal Supremium Porter

++ on the coffee, im a huge fan of that!

in fact there's some cool coffee roasters around here, target like this post if you want some coffee!

4. nodamagedone

nodamagedone

+1

5. stupac2

stupac2

Fully on board with snacks, but do not send me coffee, I don't drink it, complete waste. Also not big into t-shirts (my wife wears them though, so if you want to do one do a women's M or something comfy for PJs), and I have waaaaay too much glass now. Honestly I'd be fine with no swag, just those delicious, delicious blind beers!

Should probably do a hint. My target has posted in this thread more than once, but not (so far) on this page!

Brez07, MrVonzipper, mwbbq and 13 others like this.
  6. SkunkDrool

SkunkDrool

Target: if you like wine or cider, like this post

7. ckowalski

ckowalski

Also happy with edible swag.

8. pushkinwow

pushkinwow

Target: I picked up a total of 5 beers from 3 breweries on my travels this week...I think I should be able to send all of them to you but if I run out of beer tonight you may only get 4 :)

[​IMG]

9. cbeer88

cbeer88

Snacks, coffee, glassware, t-shirts - whatever, it's all good. And all would certainly be better than this one year old Founders Doom I'm drinking that was stuck in the back of the fridge...

10. PepeSylvia

PepeSylvia

Sender: I like unique, fun, or badass bottle openers shirts are cool if soft (xl), coffee is dope, I put beer in glassware and I eat stuff too.

Target: I have 1 beer picked out... And your untappd hasn't been very helpful with your wants and likes/dislikes.

Brez07, nhindian, mwbbq and 10 others like this.
  11. sjstraub

sjstraub

Hint: I have the same number of trophy points as my target.

[​IMG]

Fine. Real hint. You have more post and likes than me, but my ratio of likes to posts is higher.

Sender - I'm easy. Glass, shirt (xxl), food, whatever. Or just beer works too. Love ya!

[​IMG]

danidavid, uvm2003, Brez07 and 11 others like this.
  12. danidavid

danidavid

Sender: I'll love whatever you send. T-Shirt is an XL if that's the route you want to go.

uvm2003, Brez07, PepeSylvia and 10 others like this.
  13. Oaklandtraders

Oaklandtraders

Target went shopping for you yesterday. Again. This BIF is a pain because I always want to send good beers with interesting adjuncts, hops, fruits, etc... That said I don't want to send anything bad so I end up buying a bottle for myself just to make sure it's up to snuff. Damn you target, for adding to my already oversized and underwhelming cellar. Your box is shaping up nicely tho, and killshot is locked and loaded.. Hint, we've never swapped fluids before.

Sender, I heart you. Like others have stated, no glassware for me otherwise I might get shanked by my wife in the middle of the night. Size M for shirt. Also more than OK with local snacks, coffee, homemade crafts, etc...

uvm2003, Brez07, PepeSylvia and 12 others like this.
  14. Gretlawn

Gretlawn Premium Supporter Contributor

Target: On average, it is hotter where you live than where I live. I think I have a plan for your box. But my plan might be difficult and I am lazy. So we shall see.

Sender: I like shirts, hot sauce, and coffee. And other stuff too! But I don't really need another glass. Unless of course it is awesome. Then, I do need another glass.

uvm2003, Brez07, PepeSylvia and 11 others like this.
  15. quirk6

quirk6

This is exactly me, too.

Also, this is my favorite BIF. I love this one.

uvm2003, Brez07, PepeSylvia and 8 others like this.
  16. cbeer88

cbeer88

Not that you willingly want to send out bottled snotbubbles or the Sam Adams seasonal variety pack beer of the month, but I don't see any harm in sending a beer that isn't necessarily all-world in this BIF. The whole point of this BIF is to challenge your senses, and there are some very interesting beers out there that do exactly that even though they aren't necessarily the most amazing beers ever.

I've certainly both sent and received beers that are maybe a little 'meh' but add some extra oomph to the experience when tasted blind. For example, one Blind BIF I sent a Westy 12 to be paired with a run of the mill Boulevard Sixth Glass - together they made for a delightful blind pairing even if the recipient could have walked down the street and grabbed a Sixth Glass.

My rule of thumb is to overall send a killer box, but not forget that the spirit of this BIF is to get you thinking about the beer you're drinking differently.

uvm2003, mwbbq, Brez07 and 10 others like this.
  17. pushkinwow

pushkinwow

First hint (but really only because I love this gif)...you live in the sawed off part :)

[​IMG]

Second hint: based on my limited understanding of geography when I type in your region I get this as the first gif.

[​IMG]

uvm2003, mwbbq, Brez07 and 11 others like this.
  18. flexabull

flexabull

Target : I got 6 bottles for you yesterday. I'll be in Oregon in a couple of weeks and I'll definitely grab you a beer or two from there. Also, do you want some home roasted coffee beans?

Sender : I like pretty much everything beer style wise.

[​IMG]

19. pushkinwow

pushkinwow

Sender: coffee beans, jerky or other edible things would be a nice extra. I like most styles although given how I have to pick up the beer fresh lagers may turn into not so fresh beers. If you want to check ticks I have the same username on RB.

20. quirk6

quirk6

Sender, coffee and other good eats are always welcome extras. I am a vegetarian, though, so no jerky.

Target, you'd definitely like jerky. Might get you some local jerky but I won't be able to personally vouch for it.

uvm2003, SkunkDrool, mwbbq and 14 others like this.
Group Builder