Tell me about northeastern(ish) Colorado

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh2

Premium Non-Supporting Supporter
Reaction score
I could probably google the information I want to know, but would rather read it and be able to respond to the answers...
Anyways....I'm in the middle of talks with a company and the job would be in Hereford. From what I can tell, Hereford is pretty much a deserted inn, a ghost town, and lots of oil and gas, which is the reason for me going there.

I have looked at maps and it looks like Cheyenne, Wyoming and Greeley are the closest at 45-60 minutes or so. Fort Collins, and Fort Morgan are about 1:15. I have no problem with an hour+ commute, but shorter is always better.

What are some pros/cons of the respective areas? I will be out there by myself for some time before the family makes the move, so some sort of entertainment/good beer availability is a definite plus and affordability is high on the list.

Fort Morgan? Entertainment/good beer availability? hahahaha. Drive to Fort Collins. End of story. But before the family comes out, come to Fort Morgan and see me. You can crash for the night. The beer is on me. :) How's that for affordability?

Fort Morgan? Entertainment/good beer availability? hahahaha. Drive to Fort Collins. End of story. But before the family comes out, come to Fort Morgan and see me. You can crash for the night. The beer is on me. :) How's that for affordability?
Works for me. :)
If I end up going that way, I'll definitely be hitting you up.

The entertainment/beer will be set to the back burner when the family moves out. At that point, it will be all anout the best place to raise a family.

it will be all anout the best place to raise a family.

That's why we live here. Plenty of freedom and quiet. My local bottle shop does a good job of taking care of me and it's not that far to drive to Denver, Fort Collins, Greeley or Loveland. Look forward to meeting you!!

Back