The Berliner Weisse - (All things related discussion/lookout/pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im gonna lead off this topic with the most controversial yet probably the most widely attainable: professor fritz briem 1809
7909384A-3F0C-44CC-9520-5DB210A5C7C3-24577-0000101AAEB6E924_zps4fbb9966.jpg

I appreciate it for what it is. Yeah, the alcohol is jacked and its hardly even tart in comparison to others in the style. But it is clean, crisp and effortlessly drinkable. It is something I could markinithar multiples of and not wake up wearing my soiled underoos like a bandana.

I recently learned that some bottles of this have a sticker on them indicating "2009 and brett" anyone know if there is any difference to these bottles other than clearly displaying their vintage?

Smuttynose Strawberry Short Weisse was one of my 5 favorite beers from last year's Brewvival festival. I would love to have that beer again, but I assume it's rare/long gone.

Smuttynose Strawberry Short Weisse was one of my 5 favorite beers from last year's Brewvival festival. I would love to have that beer again, but I assume it's rare/long gone.

I actually came across one yesterday and snatched it (there were two on the shelf). This was in Boston so it may not have hit your locale yet...keep a look out!

I am not a fan of this beer at all and still have a single corked and caged 750 of it left. Shoot me a private message and lets discuss and exchange.

I actually came across one yesterday and snatched it (there were two on the shelf). This was in Boston so it may not have hit your locale yet...keep a look out!

Strawberry short weisse or straw-barb short weisse?
The former was like 200 bottle release at brewery only. (or so i thought, with kegs getting minimal distro)

stakem made me gay for berliner
lymi

Love Tartare so much. Been lucky enough to stumble into it at bars down here on a few different occasions. Would drink daily/10
how many times has this been brewed? a dude sent me a growler of it when it was first released and i went bananas over it. 8 months later kegs started showing up in philly (i assumed a new batch) and i got to have it a couple more times. my last run-in with it was not that pleasant. instaheartburn

lymi

how many times has this been brewed? a dude sent me a growler of it when it was first released and i went bananas over it. 8 months later kegs started showing up in philly (i assumed a new batch) and i got to have it a couple more times. my last run-in with it was not that pleasant. instaheartburn

I have no clue on how many batches but I have never had an unpleasant experience. Last time I had it was maybe a month ago at churchill's.

I drank a few bottles of this when I was in Montreal in August. Delicious stuff.

q3mNdKV.jpg

ISO. srs.

I had Bear Republic Tartare for the first time the other night. So ****ing dry, so ****ing amazing. Almost seemed like drinking a soda cracker.
Tartare is fantastic. Those jerks at Bear Republic need to get off their butts and make it year-round, it's by far their best beer.
EDIT:
For you Tartare lovers, word on the street is they'll be releasing a version of this in bottles. Sounds like it will be some kind of variant (although that is still up in the air), and most likely brewpub only.
YES YES YES

For renaming the style, bastardizing the style, or both?
for trying to steal the origin and renaming it mainly and it also irritates the hell out of me when a beer is not soured naturally but by the addition of a food grade additive that circumvents/cheats the brewing/fermenting process (not pointing fingers and dont want to talk about this any more. seriously, my blood pressure is up already just typing this and i can feel the vein in my forehead throbbing.)

I know dude. I seriously regret not trading for more while I was in Canada.
i believe each time they brew it, they up the amount they make
it really is good. i was shocked that the raspberry played such a significant role/freshness in the whole profile after being cellared for 2 years

with it's continued success, i hope they bottle other other ones too at some point (and if they do already, shame on me and ISO)

I need more berliners in my life. I've only had Fritz, Hottenroth, Oarsman and Festina Peche. Wasn't too into Oarsman or Festina. Fritz and Hottenroth were good enough to make me want more.

for trying to steal the origin and renaming it mainly and it also irritates the hell out of me when a beer is not soured naturally but by the addition of a food grade additive that circumvents/cheats the brewing/fermenting process (not pointing fingers and dont want to talk about this any more. seriously, my blood pressure is up already just typing this and i can feel the vein in my forehead throbbing.)
Not a fan of dumping lactic acid in a beer and calling it a berliner?

edit: To add useful comments, my wife and I both love berliners. I'm excited that Tired Hands is brewing them and they are just getting better and better.

To add useful comments, my wife and I both love berliners. I'm excited that Tired Hands is brewing them and they are just getting better and better.
Agree with that. TH tweeted this morning that they had just dumped 70 pounds of lychee puree into their next Berliner. They're sticking with the Grasshopper Series and calling this one Dr. Grasshopper.

Back