The chemman14 fun time thread

Discussion in 'Guys, what's ISO:FT?' started by chemman14, May 20, 2016.

1. chemman14

chemman14

I am surprised there isn't a thread about this here yet. Can we start one to discuss how much this brewery sucks? Is this too soon coming off my ban from BA?

2. JulianB

JulianB

F2 finally got ya, huh?

arren, Bill, jivex5k and 2 others like this.
  3. chemman14

chemman14

Yep haha. I wish I could have got the PM convo with him before I got the hammer.

Vivified, BrandoSF and JulianB like this.
  4. ficklenicholas

ficklenicholas

Careful. bL will find you here too.

Andelliotsaid, Bill, arren and 2 others like this.
  5. Vivified

Vivified

Finally touch 1 too many tanks?

6. chemman14

chemman14

Oh I don't give a fuck if the "find me" They already know my stance on their bull shit.

7. ficklenicholas

ficklenicholas

Remind me how this all started again?

Bill and jmgrub like this.
  8. chemman14

chemman14

they accused me of doing a bunch of shit I didnt (touching tanks, harassing women, cussing out employees) and then I commented on their FB page how they have shitty customer service proven by the fact they make their fans wait hours in line for their beer. Then the woman that runs their FB page accused me of all that shit, and said that combined with my criticism of them = me being banned. Quite a fucking clown show.

9. AptosBeerDrinker

AptosBeerDrinker

Banned from FW. Banned from BA. Now starting a thread specifically to talk shit on a brewery...

You seem to enjoy drama.

10. chemman14

chemman14

Ive never denied that, its actually quite entertaining.

11. AptosBeerDrinker

AptosBeerDrinker

Cool.

rrrjjj, Bill, arren and 1 other person like this.
  12. ficklenicholas

ficklenicholas

Do you hate Monkish for making people line up for beer? Or Highland Park?

13. FBIinformant

FBIinformant

I think the issue here is you see yourself as criticizing breweries in a hope to help them improve their issues. By all means, we, as beer nerds are the worst type, but you seem to take that a step further and your criticism comes off way more harsher than it should to be effective as a means to help improve a system and starts to cause issues in itself.

David Walker had to personally call you to ban you from Firestone and your reaction was that they were mistreating a loyal customer and you demand an apology. Forget loyalty, how about being a civil customer or a person with common sense. Yeah, if you call their PR person a homie, they are going to take it as harassment and regardless if you think you spending money there is a sign of loyalty, you causing more work for their employees in damage control is not worth it to them to have you as a customer.

There's always multiple sides to any story, but you seem to paint yourself as the victim that these breweries are taking actions for no called for reason. I somewhat doubt that unless you're just a really unlucky person, that two breweries would ban you without having any relation to one another. Like, take account of your own actions at some point.

Knowing you got 86'ed from Bottle Logic and then returning there after the Bruery anniversary party, what the hell do you expect would happen? Was it a surprise when the cops were called? Really? And yeah, since the beer community and those breweries are very close to one another, word does spread. I wasn't surprised at all that Bruery wouldn't serve you that night. They didn't want any of the drama you were looking to start that night regardless if the beef was with Bottle Logic and not Bruery. Stop shitting where you eat.

It boils down to you specifically seeking out the drama and then wearing it like a badge. Sure enough when you get it you act surprised by the reaction. Stop kicking hornets nest and perhaps you won't get stung. Or at least own up to the fact that while you're getting high fives from some folks, you're also causing damage of your name to others. You can't have it both ways.

In the situation of waiting in lines, they happen. Especially more and more now with how the beer game has changed over the years. I think Bottle Logic has it finally dialed in, and I think you take way more credit than you ever should on "fixing" those problems, as you cause a lot more other problems. You calling them morons every second isn't going to help them out in figuring the exact settings to do an online sale. No more than you yelling at your mechanic will help him fix your transmission.

You can be the attention seeker all you want, but at some point you have to realize that you're not the victim in these situations and its your own doing as to where you stand with these breweries. They really don't owe you any sort of apology and threads like this just highlight how much real estate they take up in your mind.

Vent if you have to, I guess. But poking the bear more isn't going to help your situation any.

Marc, Helloo256, brystmar and 99 others like this.
  14. Kasher

Kasher

Thought there was a new brewery called Bottle Lines.

Some people just really crave attention I guess. OP, let me know when your 100% successful business with no issues (it doesn't even have to be a brewery) opens up so I can shit all over it anyway.

Then I'll post about it on www.talkbusiness.com

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  15. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels

crowdclapping.gif

16. benbikes4beer

benbikes4beer

I only know about "homie" because of tosh

17. chemman14

chemman14

The only non cival thing I have done in the FW case was call one of their employees a choice name. This was AFTER my order was absolutely unfairly canceled. I do recognize it was not a great idea, but sometimes emotions get the best of us. I dont feel that criticizing their practices is being un-civil. I never made personal attacks towards anyone, just said that the way they did certain things was less than ideal. I was actually told by someone at FW that they appreciated my criticisms, as it caused them to change some policies for the better(obviously it wasn't THAT person). I may go about it in a harsh, non sugar coated way but that's the way I am. I see no reason to kiss their ass when they are clearly making mistakes.

I didn't want to go to Bottle Logic after The Bruery party, all of my friends wanted to go there and I didn't feel like going to a different brewery solo. They planned on getting a glass of Leche and heading out so I tagged along. I actually figured they would have been over the whole thing by now but I guess not. I was very surprised they called the cops, usually people call the cops when someone is in danger, or there is some type of emergency. Neither of those were the case here. I didn't seek out drama that day, but did report what happened when I was asked (which apparently caused drama).

I don't take any credit for any changes at BL, its very clear that I was not the only one not happy with the way they released Ground State. The return to online sales, and the way they are doing it seem great (save it for the very short pickup windows, but its better than a 1 day window like one brewery we all know). I believe, and others also share this opinion, that the way they handled this whole situation was very moronic. I know, like anything, there will be people on both sides of that opinion and I can respect that. I may not agree with them, but that inherently doesn't make their opinion wrong.

The lines at HPB and Monkish move quickly, and are efficiently ran. They dont try to sell other beer/glassware/merchandise in these lines. They only sell the limited release beer that they are releasing that day. If you want other stuff, you have to go into the main bar area to purchase it. They even tell people to bring cash to expedite the process. They also only do the line-em-up strategy for their IPA which needs to move quickly. Their other limited release stuff they sell online with a more than fair pickup window.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  18. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Not Patrick

I ask this as someone who's banned (or self-banned) from a few places himself: what are you trying to accomplish with this thread?

Most breweries don't really give a fuck if an individual is unhappy; they only care about the aggregate. They exist to make money. If you threaten that, they will ban you. End of story.

It's one thing to post your experiences, but harassing their employees / PR / salespeople is a scumbag move, and it doesn't make you sympathetic at all.

brystmar, Scalzo, MattyATC and 33 others like this.
  19. chemman14

chemman14

Meh, this was more of a knee-jerk reaction to being banned from BA than anything else. I like the fact that this place doesn't try and censor people for their opinions. Ive never harassed any employees / PR / Salespeople, unless you consider constructive criticism harassment. I didnt go to BL last Saturday to harass anyone, I went because the rest of my group of friends went there. I honestly figured they would have lightened up after a couple months had passed with no issues but I guess not. I was calmly standing in line for a beer when I was asked to leave, I did but apparently not far enough (I didnt want to sit on the concrete, and saw no problem with myself sitting on the grass outside of the building, apparently they did but the cops confirmed there was no legal issue).

20. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Not Patrick

Depends how much editorializing is involved.

brystmar, Bill, johnnyramirez and 6 others like this.