US - Mountain The Colorado Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by quirkzoo, Oct 21, 2013.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. thebandit1

thebandit1

What shows?

I’m five minutes from Red Rocks so I can give you good pre-show recs too.

clevelandisthecity likes this.
  2. clevelandisthecity

clevelandisthecity

We’re seeing OAR on the 8th

3. swivelhips

swivelhips

Glenwood, or nearby i-70 corridor towns with a fun beer bar that will be open at 11 tomorrow playing uswnt?

4. thebandit1

thebandit1

Good luck.

5. claaark13

claaark13

I'm going to be in Ft. Collins next weekend. Family has asked where we should all go for liquid consumption and I have been fairly out-dated on what goes down out there since the termination of the Crooked Stave memberships a while back. I've looked a little through this thread, but it seems like recommendations are a couple years dated.

One family member suggested WeldWerks, which seems like a good spot. I think the desire would be to find good IPAs (my preference towards NE style, but I like them all) and stouts. Brewery or restaurant recommendation would be appreciated.

Additionally, I am always looking for good stores that may have De Dolle stocked and 3F. I can probably make a road trip between Colorado Springs and Ft. Collins areas to make something happen if there is an abundance of lonely Stille Nacht on a shelf somewhere.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

6. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker

If you don't mind the drive from Ft Collins to Greeley (about 45 minutes) then I would say hit up Weldwerks and Wiley Roots. If you're craving some Crooked Stave, they opened a tap room in Ft Collins. They do make more then sours now. Also the Mayor of Old Town is a great spot in Ft Collins.

Not much help for up there unfortunately. It's a drive for me and plenty of stuff to do down here for me to take that drive.

Did still see a Mag of 3F on the shelf the other day. Guessing you might find some but it does tend to go quick.

claaark13 likes this.
  7. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker

Another good brewery that is small but I always tend to hit when I'm up that way is Funkwerks. Right down the road from O'Dell

claaark13 likes this.
  8. reverseapachemaster

reverseapachemaster

I would add in Fort Collins Jessup Farms which is kind of a spinoff project of the Funkwerks owners. It's a little south of where most of the other breweries are but only a 5-10 minute drive. Purpose Brewing puts out good and interesting beer as well but all three of these are not big IPA/stout producers. Zwei is also putting out great lagers up there if that does anything for you.

Mayor of Old Town is probably your best bet for IPA and stout in Fort Collins aside from driving down to Weldwerks.

DenverBeerDrinker and claaark13 like this.
  9. Stubs

Stubs

Wyatt's down in Longmont is sitting on tons of Tomes and De Dolle. I'll snap a pic here on my break if I can get over there.

DenverBeerDrinker and claaark13 like this.
  10. Stubs

Stubs

They have a whole shelf of orbier, stille nacht, export stout, and arabier.

Tomes-dark white, dark forest, vertignasse, hive and noel

Moondog, claaark13 and CharlieMurphy like this.
  11. claaark13

claaark13

DenverBeerDrinker, reverseapachemaster, Stubs, you guys are awesome. Thank you for the help. I will be sure to excessively support your local economy and tax income next weekend. Put those two "free" checked bags at Southwest to good use.

12. Stubs

Stubs

If you do come to longmont lmk cause I have a bunch of de dolle in my cellar that I'm trying to rehome. I think there's some oerbier reserva in there.

Also ask around for 3F. There was a drop and it might be around if you're lucky.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    claaark13 likes this.
  13. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker

If you stop in Denver for a drink let me know

claaark13 likes this.
  14. dsigmon

dsigmon

Leaving Boulder after we hit Royal Arch this morning and heading to Denver. We will be staying in the LoHi area. Brought a couple of Florida bottles (3 Sons/Cycle) hoping to share with the staff at a brewery. Any suggestions for such places that would allow such shenanigans?

15. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker

Technically they aren't supposed to do it but I'm sure most will do it "under the table" type of situation. Unfortunately I can't name any off the top of my head.

quirkzoo and dsigmon like this.
  16. thebandit1

thebandit1

Bunch of 3F floating around Denver. Passed on multiple bottles of regular Gueze, A&G, and Kriek recently. Shouldn’t be that hard to find in Denver. Don’t know about FC.

Moondog and DenverBeerDrinker like this.