The Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still pretty excited to try the newly released fruited bottles. They've been hitting home runs all over the place in 2013. I don't care if they are on bio-genetics.

How many bottles of Waelz Blood are returning members getting?

Looking forward to calling myself a returning member next year :cool:

Raspberry Dark Origins is the tits. An amazing fruit beer. I thought L'brett D'Blackberry was good, not great. As with other CS beers it might just need more time in the bottle for the flavors to round out.

I'm still pretty excited to try the newly released fruited bottles. They've been hitting home runs all over the place in 2013. I don't care if they are on bio-genetics.

Had the l'brett blackberry last night. It was good but not great. I got a lot of the tannic berry flavor rather than the juicy/fruity flavor from the blackberry. Still a nicely balanced sour though.

How many bottles of Waelz Blood are returning members getting?
Looking forward to calling myself a returning member next year :cool:

One 375ml bottle of Wælzblood per returning member.

Raspberry Dark Origins is the tits. An amazing fruit beer. I thought L'brett D'Blackberry was good, not great. As with other CS beers it might just need more time in the bottle for the flavors to round out.

Agree with you on the Blackberry, excited to try the Raspberry Dark Origins now.

Have loved my membership thus far. Incredible beers and exceptionally well priced. $6 for a bottle of Vielle may be the best deal in beer.
You are correct sir. I have loved everything that has come with my CS membership, but that Vielle is really special

agree w/ the above posts. Tried all 4 and the two I thought I'd love (the L'Bretts) weren't as good as the ones I didn't have high hopes for. I'm hoping more time will help the l'bretts round out and develop a bit.

Liked them in the exact opposite order I would've predicted:
1 - Raspberry Dark Origins
2 - BB Cherry Origins
3 - L'Brett Plum
4 - L'Brett Blackberry

Member renewals are slated for Oct 16 - Nov 12, so mid-Nov for new memberships I'd assume.

When I talked to them at the release they said they expected to open some slots and thought a few might drop out but they aren't opening a ton of slots. If they open I wouldn't wait to get join.

Crooked Stave has crushed 2013. Chad is really dialing things in. Just imagine what he's going to do now with his own system.

I've only opened a blackberry so far. Enjoyed it for sure. I'm going to put down the other three tomorrow.

Crooked Stave has crushed 2013. Chad is really dialing things in. Just imagine what he's going to do now with his own system.

This. A very large part of my decision to get a membership this year was under what I envisioned 2014 to look like, membership-availability-wise. So, so very glad I did. Hanging onto this membership for sure.

The small haul as I moved it into the cellar

PA023551_zpscd479525.jpg

wow, so much like there. how many trips do you have to make to the brewery to get all that home? how many people do you currently trustee for?
I have a truck so just the one trip. Very smooth operation picking up bottles there. They hand me a spreadsheet and they load the boxes.

I'll n'th how awesome Crooked Stave was this year. Definitely renewing my membership in 2014. The only downside to all of this is now my wife likes sours, so I have to split bottles. Can we get 750ml bottles again? ;)

My girlfriend has fallen in love with the CS sours so much that she has threatened to get another membership herself if I'm going to keep trading extra allocations away.

I'll n'th how awesome Crooked Stave was this year. Definitely renewing my membership in 2014. The only downside to all of this is now my wife likes sours, so I have to split bottles. Can we get 750ml bottles again? ;)
I wouldn't mind the 750's again as long as they still include two of each with the membership. My wife doesn't drink and family doesn't like sours so I get them all to myself.

My girlfriend has fallen in love with the CS sours so much that she has threatened to get another membership herself if I'm going to keep trading extra allocations away.
I thought about getting a 2nd one in the wife's name so I could have more. I don't think there is such a thing as "extra" crooked Stave.

I'll probably be joining the ranks next year as a member. Thankfully, I will not be asking any of you kind folks to mule - I have friends out there who will pick stuff up for me.

Im sure this will be said multiple times on many different forums, but if anyone is considering not renewing or knows someone whose considering not renewing, please PM me. I'd be happy to send your way a Side Project Origin and Saison du Fernier for the membership. I'd still pay for the renewal fee, Im just asking for the membership.

Thanks

Im sure this will be said multiple times on many different forums, but if anyone is considering not renewing or knows someone whose considering not renewing, please PM me. I'd be happy to send your way a Side Project Origin and Saison du Fernier for the membership. I'd still pay for the renewal fee, Im just asking for the membership.

Thanks

there will be opportunity for you to sign up. they will be opening it up for more than last year and there are always a few fools who don't renew.

there will be opportunity for you to sign up. they will be opening it up for more than last year and there are always a few fools who don't renew.
Word is there isn't many new memberships opening up. I like the idea that with not so many memberships they can experiment with beers and small batches that let members enjoy beers that aren't available to the general public.

Last edited:
Back