The Culmination

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish Virgin America was still flying to Anchorage. I might actually go if I could use frequent flyer points...

Evil Twin and Mikkeller at the same event? I'm gonna buy tix just to witness the fist fight.

Last edited:
$100 for 4 hours is pretty steep....but dat brewery list....

Problem is that 4 hours is nowhere close to long enough, even if all those brewers only bring one beer. If you drank a 4oz sample from each, you'd get just shy of a gallon, and I imagine most of those beers won't be English milds and low abv pale ales.

I can't think of a ever seeing a better list of breweries in one place. If only my broke ass could make it up to Alaska and convince my wife that I should pay a hundred dollars for 4 hours of playing in a beer playground.

I am very interested to hear reviews after this is all over.

Couldn't haul a keg up to Alaska degardebrewing ? I am surprised to not see you on this list.

Is anyone going to The Culmination this year? Just scored the last two tickets for my fiancee and I and would love to meet up with anyone who is going.

This year's list is pretty outrageous.

Yeah I'm flying out from Juneau and its still a haul.

Well I have no problem being the official TB ambassador to Alaska and The Culmination Fest.
Jon I think I might have met you at culmination and we chatted. I was pretty fricken drunk but I specifically remember chatting with someone from Juneau. We discussed keg beers and La Bodega brew store?
Anyway, Are you planning on going to Culmination again this year? I hear it is August 20th I believe..

Hey my man. Chances are pretty good we chatted. I know I was pretty toasty too. I am planning on it. I am moving to Portland, Oregon but I want to make the pilgrimage again! I have to make sure I can snag tickets when they are available.

Hey my man. Chances are pretty good we chatted. I know I was pretty toasty too. I am planning on it. I am moving to Portland, Oregon but I want to make the pilgrimage again! I have to make sure I can snag tickets when they are available.
It really is something that should never be missed. Overwhelming volume of insane beers. Hope to see u there. I'll message u if I hear about when tickets are for sale

Was in Denali while Culmination was happening last year. Went to the taproom the next day and this was the tap list:
8EEED75D-647D-4E63-BBB8-667F887104D9_zpsaird6chr.jpg

They were doing growler fills of everything all at very reasonable prices (possibly too cheap).

Only Void and the Cantillons kicked while I was there and they were replaced by ADWTD and I think another TH keg. Bottles of SARA were also available for purchase if I remember correctly.

Will go back there some day.

My wife just found $150 round trip tickets to alaska. By coincidence it is the weekend of August 20. I am so pumped.

So whats the deal with tickets? What can i expect?

Was in Denali while Culmination was happening last year. Went to the taproom the next day and this was the tap list:
8EEED75D-647D-4E63-BBB8-667F887104D9_zpsaird6chr.jpg

They were doing growler fills of everything all at very reasonable prices (possibly too cheap).

Only Void and the Cantillons kicked while I was there and they were replaced by ADWTD and I think another TH keg. Bottles of SARA were also available for purchase if I remember correctly.

Will go back there some day.
jonbonbrodie got down on this in a major way

Back