The Custom Glassware Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YIRG1sB.jpg

Just a thought...The Answer is ripping off IP from video game companies, swapping out a fireball with a hop and sticking their logo on a glass. The glasses sell out faster than most beer releases in Richmond and sell for $50-$200 on secondary. Obviously there is demand...so what's stopping someone from recreating the design and selling them on their webstore? No one even cares if it says The Answer on it, people are just buying them because they have a video game character on it. This could help supply the market and kill secondary value shitlording.

Just a thought...The Answer is ripping off IP from video game companies, swapping out a fireball with a hop and sticking their logo on a glass. The glasses sell out faster than most beer releases in Richmond and sell for $50-$200 on secondary. Obviously there is demand...so what's stopping someone from recreating the design and selling them on their webstore? No one even cares if it says The Answer on it, people are just buying them because they have a video game character on it. This could help supply the market and kill secondary value shitlording.
this is exactly what the dude who I got my contra glass from is doing.

Oh cool...what’s his site?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/144395399557254/

sadly he doesn't have an actual site so he just uses this facebook group. The way he drops glasses is super annoying as well.

Let's talk about my order procedures since a lot of you are new and asking. This is how it goes:

1. I usually post a teaser; you can comment and BIN all you want, but the ordering doesn't happen here so this doesn't get you a spot

2. I post a pre-order thread. This is where I collect quantities, your shipping requirements, etc.

*** Going forward the vast majority of my orders will be limited to 72 or 96 glasses. What's left over when they arrive will be sold FCFS, lotto, etc. in a separate post. There will be no claiming extras anymore ***

3. I place the order

4. Once I have an order confirmation and I confirm the final artwork with the printer I collect money.

5. Glasses arrive and I ship them over a period of time

I'm a one man show with a full time job so sometimes it takes me a bit to get glasses out.

Ha. I just want a set of FFVI glasses for me. I've no interest in glazzles.

Is that a word?
ISO

but ya i don't know what these guys use to manufacture their glassware. I'm sure the more you make the less expensive it is as well. probably a quick google search could send you in the right direction.

it was only a matter of time. I think the answer helped with that 8bit run they did.

Love those glasses. I have the Link and Duck Hunt. Made an easy trade for the Duck Hunt so basically got it at cost...Link not so much haha. I'm pretty sure they can just run the well dry. Move up to 16bit and start doing all the Super Nintendo and Genesis games.

this is exactly what the dude who I got my contra glass from is doing.

I kind of like the simplicity of the Answer designs over the other guys. His Contra glass is just a bit too busy.

Assuming I handle the graphic design myself, what would these glasses cost to make?

A friend did custom glassware for a Prairie Dawg Barrel last year. Used Grandstand, $420 for 72 Libbey tulips. Different glasses will cost you more/less. Also how much you order will change unit price.

Back