The Etre/BiaB love/hate/?/rant thread...

Discussion in 'General Beer Topics' started by Digita7693, Apr 15, 2019.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. stakem

stakem

Make you check a box in agreement before you make the purchase that its not their fault that some shipping companies treat packages like a soccer ball

but if you send them a note about it they have been known to issue you store credit

2. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82

In my opinion, if the box itself is externally in good condition (evidence that it was not mishandled) and there is still a bottle broken, it is the fault of the shipper for poor packing. If this was the case, I would be sure to mention it in your message to them.

3. stakem

stakem

I know this message was directed at jayskeletor but without even seeing his box/response I can almost guarantee this isnt the case. Etre goes above and beyond with their packaging skills. They arnt apart of team loose pool noodle ship and pray.

4. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82

Yeah. I have no complaints with Etre's packing. If anything I get frustrated because each bottle is so wrapped up in bubble wrap and tape, it takes longer to open! But, I figured it wouldn't hurt to at least give him a position to help his case.

5. jaeselector

jaeselector Premium Supporter Contributor

It was weird packing to incorporate a magnum. Obviously their fault. They have refunded the price of the bottle.

jbdpsu82 likes this.
  6. NClambicguy

NClambicguy

Got my etre emails today. Very much excite.

steinbbr likes this.
  7. mjohnson17

mjohnson17

Pretty cool customer service of Etre to replace/refund/rectify any broken or lost bottles considering they clearly protect themselves with that checkbox they make customers absolve Etre of any responsibility after it leaves their building.

They could easily just say NMFP.

Both Etre and BiaB are good with this.

steinbbr and jbdpsu82 like this.
  8. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82

Just got my Etre invoice today. Just mentioning so anyone that hasn't gotten theirs knows that they're still working through them.

jaeselector and NClambicguy like this.
  9. sherm1016

sherm1016

Got my tracking number from Etre for the Spring Pack this morning, although it shipped out on Friday.

[​IMG]

rrrjjj, capnmike, sjstraub and 4 others like this.
  10. SeaWatchman

SeaWatchman

I got an email on my four box shipment from Etre asking if I’d picked up my boxes at the PO yet along with a Bpost screenshot telling me a box arrived... no tracking numbers to speak of though.

NClambicguy and sherm1016 like this.
  11. Maakun

Maakun

Because of all your spring packs my order of OWA lambics still hasn't shipped. Boo!

mjohnson17 likes this.
  12. SeaWatchman

SeaWatchman

Sent on the 19th, delivery attempted on the 25th. Two of four boxes have arrived but all with the same tracking number so no idea how I track the others at this point. Just gotta wait I suppose. These two went through Chicago.

13. boogercrack

boogercrack

same thing happened to me on my last box. i was sure that the screenshot of the email they sent me with the tracking info was A CLEVER RUSE but sure enough gmail for some reason filtered it into my spam box and general searches don't search the spam folder.

a trusted sender that has been emailing me back and forth for nearly a decade... spam. thnxu google.

14. mjohnson17

mjohnson17

I emailed Etre about my 3F Spring box today. Received a reply & invoice 8 minutes later. Guess it paid to wait this time. No uncertainty here!

tylerk88, SeaWatchman and jaeselector like this.
  15. boogercrack

boogercrack

Ha, i emailed yesterday and no reaponse yet. You must have just caught them perfectly.

mjohnson17 and jaeselector like this.
  16. SeaWatchman

SeaWatchman

Four full Etre boxes arriving within hours of each other made for a busy night of unpacking but everything made it safely!

jbdpsu82, sjstraub, capnmike and 2 others like this.
  17. primebeer

primebeer Assistant to the Regional Moderator Contributor

Yeah I would subscribe to an option or even pay for packaging that uses no tape or rubber bands at most. That etre packaging is a bitch to take off.

SeaWatchman and capnmike like this.
  18. Gaseous Clay

Gaseous Clay

A box cutter makes it pretty easy imo.

mikecharley and JonathanAmes like this.
  19. primebeer

primebeer Assistant to the Regional Moderator Contributor

Agreed, I’ve opened my fair share of etre boxes and it’s manageable, but with the cardboard walls and other packing materials they use, I think it would be more than sufficient to just wrap the bottles in bubble wrap and then fold the top and bottom against the side of the bottle and toss them into the slots. Just my .02. Plus I’d be able to reuse the ridiculous amount of bubble wrap they send.

Gaseous Clay likes this.
  20. CoinStarChange

CoinStarChange

Still waiting on my info. Hopefully I hear something by Friday, as I'm assuming they have a decent amount to go through.

capnmike likes this.