The Etre/BiaB love/hate/?/rant thread...

Discussion in 'General Beer Topics' started by Digita7693, Apr 15, 2019.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. SeaWatchman

SeaWatchman

When you look on Bpost there are two different tracking numbers. One is for bpost and the other is for the US.

steinbbr and 2plums4one like this.
  2. boogercrack

boogercrack

Me too.

And I had a delivery attempt today :O

3. tylerk88

tylerk88

4/19: Etre email confirming my purchase
    4/30: Etre sent PP invoice & I paid
    5/13: Etre sent tracking information (box shipped on 5/9)
    5/15: Arrival at NYC Customs
    5/20: Departed NYC Customs
    5/22: Arrived in Boston & box was delivered

All arrived safe & sound. No idea what I'm going to open first or stash away. I will admit, it's pretty cool seeing all of the variants/colors together. 3F's marketing/design person deserves some props.

4. shadetree67

shadetree67

Did your USPS tracking get updated? Mine shipped on 5/15 and left Belgium on 5/16. USPS is still showing "Pre-Shipment: Origin Post is Preparing Shipment".

5. tylerk88

tylerk88

Looking at the USPS tracking history now it shows movement in Belgium, but from what I recall the USPS tracking didn't start to update until "Processed Through Facility ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)" which was 5 days after it left Belgium. I'm no expert here, but I wouldn't expect your USPS tracking to say anything until it gets to customs.

shadetree67 likes this.
  6. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82

What tylerk88 said. USPS will just say "pre-shipment" until it either makes it to, or often times, clears customs. It could be anywhere from a few days, to a few weeks. Contents, package size/weight seem to be irrelevant in regard to how long it takes to clear customs - as I had a sweatshirt from Cantillon sit in customs for 2 weeks recently, but my box full of 3F beer cleared it in two days.

Your best bet is to just be as patient as possible; be prepared to wait up to 3 weeks to a month in extreme cases. However, if you begin to get concerned about its lack of movement, you would need to reach out to the shipper (Etre or BiaB) and ask them to contact Bpost on your behalf to file a claim that Bpost will send to USPS.

shadetree67 likes this.
  7. shadetree67

shadetree67

You were spot on. 2 of my 3 boxes made it through customs in a few days. The 3rd box took over a week to get through. Everything was packed extremely well and would highly recommend etre for those looking to ship bottles home from belgium.

CoinStarChange and Phin like this.
  8. nathanmiller

nathanmiller

I bought the OBD box last year, like a month or two after OBD when I happened to be in town for a weekend. I knew I didn't have enough space in my luggage so I opted to ship it back. When presented with the option of Etre or BIAB, I was told that BIAB was preferred because they can fit an additional 4 bottles more than Etre can fit. So I bought an extra 4 various A&G blends and went with BIAB.

A couple weeks later, the box arrived, with a note from USPS that some contents had been damaged. I unpacked the box and did an inventory; missing were three bottles: the only Golden Blend from that box and two A&Gs that were already multiples in the box. So not a massive deal on the A&Gs really, but the Golden Blend, as I've stated on this site elsewhere, was a real loss to me since it's an absolute love of my life.

I emailed Kurt and he responded saying he couldn't replace those bottles but would I like an assorted Cantillon 3-pack instead? I responded thanking him for his flexibility and said "sure I suppose that'll work" knowing that my GB was lost forever.

Fast forward several months and 50 emails mostly of me saying "Hello, Kurt, any update here?" Eventually, I bought the Spring Box and went with Etre. It arrived faster than most of y'all in this thread, apparently. And then, a few days later, Kurt got back to me. He had the latest Golden Blend and two A&Gs set aside for me. Got my address, sent them a day later, and a few days later, all was made right in the world.

I know we all like to complain about these folks (that's what this thread is for after all), and I know it took a long time for things to be made right, but ultimately, Kurt really impressed me. Whereas he could have blamed USPS or BPost instead of the pool noodles, or even just said "tough luck," he found a way to replace the exact missing bottles (albeit with different blends but that just means more blends to try!) and get them to me. And now I'm very happy.

9. Hindsight

Hindsight

Me: Hi BiaB, I have 30 kilo order ready to be shipped, has been awhile since I have placed and order and am reading not-nice things about your current shipping practices.

BiaB: Dont you believe that for one second, we still exercise the same care as we have in the past.

Me: Ok, I figured. Thank you!

Meanwhile at BiaB:
    -“we have this 30 kilo shipment to get out today, any boxes laying around?”
    -“yeah, we can use that one we got that large stuffed animal in last week”

E25294B6-B453-4E4D-BBC9-AE6EB7634FE9.jpeg

10. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

Fuck Kurt. I've been constantly trying to contact them and close a box since March. Sent an email last week that I would be contacting my CC company if he didn't respond. Looks like I'll be disputing the charges.

NClambicguy likes this.
  11. NClambicguy

NClambicguy

It hasn't even been 3 months. I'm sure he'll get to it by the end of the year.

12. gueuzelife

gueuzelife

Did you call him on the phone? He seems much easier to get a hold of that way.

steinbbr and GetchaPull like this.
  13. jaeselector

jaeselector Premium Supporter Contributor

Got my Etre spring pack today.

jbdpsu82 likes this.
  14. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

No, I prefer all communication done via email so I can keep track of it. I don't even want the beers anymore, especially considering the strenuous journey they'll incur(heat and poor packaging).

NClambicguy likes this.
  15. stupac2

stupac2

LA Customs strikes again! Why the fuck is that the one place that rejects these boxes?

waltersrj likes this.
  16. SeaWatchman

SeaWatchman

On the flip side, they’re also that one place that’s technically doing their government mandated job.

17. mjohnson17

mjohnson17

The one time government actually works.

18. jaeselector

jaeselector Premium Supporter Contributor

The end of the quarter is coming up for Etre boxes. Any recs from folks to fill those boxes? HORAL blend is on. Boon Schaeerbeekse too.

jbdpsu82 likes this.
  19. leftofthedial

leftofthedial

Oud Beersel Foeder 21 is great and absurdly unique. Worth picking up IMO.

jaeselector likes this.
  20. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

Cracked a fresh Mega Blend this weekend...it was good but pretty young IMO.

SwedishJesus likes this.