The Etre/BiaB love/hate/?/rant thread...

Discussion in 'General Beer Topics' started by Digita7693, Apr 15, 2019.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. Mug Costanza

Mug Costanza

Sent email last Thursday about shipping out 3F Spring Package through Etre (+Mag). They sent email the next day, box arrive yesterday to Western NC. Less than a week to NC and no packaging issues. Love you Etre. Please put up Cantillon before quarter ends.

2. NClambicguy

NClambicguy

You know they are waiting for the end of the quarter to pass

Mug Costanza likes this.
  3. Mug Costanza

Mug Costanza

I know but I have faith. Plan on filling out with 3F OG anyways.

NClambicguy likes this.
  4. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82

Has anyone on the east coast, PA for example, ever had a package from Belgium (Etre in this case) processed through customs in Los Angeles? Seems very strange to me. After hearing nightmares about getting packages through that customs facility, I'm hoping this was just a fluke and not something that happens, or will happen, regularly. The status is currently "Processed through facility/Inbound Into Customs", so I'm worried and annoyed that it crossed the country for no reason.

5. jaeselector

jaeselector Premium Supporter Contributor

I did a couple boxes ago. Was all good.

jbdpsu82 likes this.
  6. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82

I've never had a status update that said "Inbound into customs", have you? Mine typically goes right from "Processed through facility" to "Arrived at destination facility"... never "inbound into customs"

7. SeaWatchman

SeaWatchman

That’s a super common occurrence. Next one should be “outbound out of customs”.

jbdpsu82 likes this.
  8. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82

Thanks for the feedback. I was just concerned since it's in the dreaded LA customs and I can't recall ever seeing that status update in the numerous Belgian packages I've received. Although, I've also never had one go to CA instead of NY either. It's going to be a long holiday weekend waiting for this thing to make it back across the country to me (if all goes well).

9. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82

Cleared customs already, and status is as you stated. Thanks!

Now I just have to wonder about a box from BiaB that has no tracking information. Did it also go to LA? Has it even left Belgium yet? Who knows! It's a fun game we play.

SeaWatchman likes this.
  10. Gaseous Clay

Gaseous Clay

Welp. Pretty sure my latest Etre box is about to be sent back by LAX customs. Ive learned over the past few shipments that if it doesn't pass LAX clearance in 24 hours or less its most likely doomed, and unfortunately i'm just past that mark now. Really wish we could just pay whatever taxes are needed and not have to deal with re-shipping but thems the breaks I suppose. :(

ewwiccc likes this.
  11. Gaseous Clay

Gaseous Clay

Looks like this box actually made it past LAX customs. Got a bit scared when it stalled for a bit but thankfully it was cleared. YMMV.

roodie, Moondog and MikeG like this.
  12. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82

Did anyone else's Zenne boxes from Etre arrive with zero bubble wrap? My bottles were only wrapped in crumpled paper. I'm surprised nothing broke. I'm hoping this isn't their new approach to packing...

13. ewwiccc

ewwiccc

Friend that lives up here in San Jose had his Etre Zenne box Return to Sender over the weekend :'( Sad. LAX Customs.

[​IMG]

14. Gaseous Clay

Gaseous Clay

My box came with the usual all-over bubble wrap, individual walled off slots for 750's, and doubled up slots for 375mls, tons of paper and even more packing peanuts. Standard Etre packing IME. Sorry about your box! Im glad nothing broke. Could have been a temp they apparently brought on to fill out all the summer shipping requests (they mentioned this in an email over the summer). Hopefully its a one time thing for you.

jbdpsu82 likes this.
  15. waltersrj

waltersrj

Mine is also having this happen. So what’s the deal here? Am I going to have to repay Etre to ship it back to me again?

16. waltersrj

waltersrj

Mine had this happen as well. What typically happens? Goes back to Etre and they just try to re-ship?

17. Gaseous Clay

Gaseous Clay

Ya. Youll want to reach out to Jonathan from your original shipment email from Joana to set up another shipment. They'll send you a paypal invoice and unless you request for the item to be held for any particular reason they will ship again. If you have an east coast proxy make sure to inform them of the updated shipping address or they'll just ship to the same one as the first time. Sorry your box was sent back :(

waltersrj likes this.
  18. waltersrj

waltersrj

Thanks for the info. Is it better to try to have them ship to an east coast proxy versus sending directly to me again on the west coast? And to confirm, I will have to pay again for a reshipment? Already sent an email back to Joana. First time this has happened to me shipping via Etre.

19. Gaseous Clay

Gaseous Clay

You can try your luck again but you'll have far better luck shipping to the east coast. And yes, you will have to pay for shipping again. All in the game baby.

Joana isnt as responsive with emails. You'll want to include Jonathan.

waltersrj likes this.
  20. waltersrj

waltersrj

Can’t find his email? Can you send it my way kind sir?