The Fremont Brewing thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Podunkparte

Reaction score
These guys deserve a thread for themselves, though this should have been made before KDS, Cowiche, Sister, etc.

However, this Friday, Halloween, they're releasing bottles of Coffee KDS and what they're calling Spice Wars KDS!

I'm a huge fan of the spiced imperial stouts, Huna, 1st Nail, Abraxas, etc so that has me excited more than coffee but I'll be there for both.

Now it's time for them to really ramp up the sour stuff though. The Lamb was ok as their first real release of a wild ale. The Berliner from earlier in the year didn't impress me much either. I know they have intentions of growing that side of their program, but we're yet to see it.

Huge Fremont fan. One of my best friends is stationed at Fort Lewis so he's been able to snag the Fremont releases for me for the last three years or so (when he's not deployed). KDS and B-Bomb are ridiculously good and Cowiche is probably one of the best fresh hop beers out there. Should have a few bottles of each coming my way :D

Absolutely adore these guys, and stoked to (hopefully) try the varients this year.

Got a cowiche chilling in the fridge already :)

Can someone please post the coffee/spice wars KDS release info so I know how stupid I need to get with a trade offer?

Alternately, I'll note to anyone in the area who's ever thought about getting themselves a good Chicago trading partner that this is an excellent time of year to do so and I get excellent reviews for my kind eyes and gentle touch.

Can someone please post the coffee/spice wars KDS release info so I know how stupid I need to get with a trade offer?

Alternately, I'll note to anyone in the area who's ever thought about getting themselves a good Chicago trading partner that this is an excellent time of year to do so and I get excellent reviews for my kind eyes and gentle touch.

My buddy went today and I think he picked up a couple extra bottles in case someone wanted some.

Which one were you looking to get? I'll ask him right now if he has anymore extras for you. He'd prolly just want paypal and a label.

My buddy went today and I think he picked up a couple extra bottles in case someone wanted some.

Which one were you looking to get? I'll ask him right now if he has anymore extras for you. He'd prolly just want paypal and a label.

I was hoping to get myself a coffee, a spice wars, and a regular old KDS. That's mighty generous and I appreciate any lead and will pay it back in kind.

I was hoping to get myself a coffee, a spice wars, and a regular old KDS. That's mighty generous and I appreciate any lead and will pay it back in kind.

He got me 3 KDS when it came out. You can have 1. Just pay for the cost and a label and we're square. I also have a bottle of Cowiche Canyon if you'd like it?

I'm talking to my buddy as we speak about any extra bottles. Will let you know.

Here is a direct quote of what he's looking for in a trade (I guess he didn't buy any extras-only ones to drink or trade)

"Pretty specific list: SARA, tired hands, tree house, trillium. I'd be offering some de garde and maybe jk fen Tao pirate bomb and Clara"

I appreciate the offer of paying it back, but I'm not doing this because I want something from you. I am just trying to help someone out if I can :) nothing more. (Unless you wanted to trade some zipper shoes)

Last edited:
He got me 3 KDS when it came out. You can have 1. Just pay for the cost and a label and we're square. I also have a bottle of Cowiche Canyon if you'd like it?

That is very cool, thank you. I'd love the Cowiche Canyon too.

Man I'm overdue for a LIF.

That is very cool, thank you. I'd love the Cowiche Canyon too.

Man I'm overdue for a LIF.

Consider a bomber of Cowiche yours :)

Btw I edited my post to include his answer. Please let me know your thoughts/response.

Here is a direct quote of what he's looking for in a trade (I guess he didn't buy any extras-only ones to drink or trade)

"Pretty specific list: SARA, tired hands, tree house, trillium. I'd be offering some de garde and maybe jk fen Tao pirate bomb and Clara"

I appreciate the offer of paying it back, but I'm not doing this because I want something from you. I am just trying to help someone out if I can :) nothing more. (Unless you wanted to trade some zipper shoes)

Ah, let me see what I can put together -- I have a little bit of TH but not much, and none of the others.

Ah, let me see what I can put together -- I have a little bit of TH but not much, and none of the others.

If I can add anything from my end (consider the KDS as coming from my buddy, so just keep the $ and we'll use it as part of the trade if you're fine with that) to help you guys work something out, I'd be happy to help. This guy is one of the few people I would truly call a great friend, so anything I can do to help him land the bottles he wants, I would love to make happen.

Update:

My buddy does have 1 bottle of each variant. So between him and myself, you'd have the whole set.

Last edited:
Hey brah ... Got one of each on the variants but I'm really trying to land a couple things and planned to use them (and some other stuff) for that.
It's pretty difficult for me to TB on my phone, so shoot me a msg and well fig somethin out when I get home :)

638995ab961b2686e853ea55ba6efa36_640x640.jpg

god damn

Coffee is great and Spice Wars sucks IMO.

Serious?
I really really liked spice wars... and I absolutely loathe most spiced beers.
It was predominantly KDS/bourbon barrel, with some smooth vanilla and faint hints of nutmeg/cinnamon (?) in the finish. Well blended, no powdery ********. Tasty for sure.

Coffee was no joke though. Both are phenomenal beers.

Serious?
I really really liked spice wars... and I absolutely loathe most spiced beers.
It was predominantly KDS/bourbon barrel, with some smooth vanilla and faint hints of nutmeg/cinnamon (?) in the finish. Well blended, no powdery ********. Tasty for sure.

Coffee was no joke though. Both are phenomenal beers.
Spice wars is on deck. I heard vanilla and cinnamon

I thought SW was ok. A good beer for sure, though I wish there was a little more depth to the spice flavors. Some heat would have been a nice addition.

Coffee however is outstanding.

Back