The Metro Detroit Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michigan1

Reaction score
Surprised there isn't one.

I'll get this started. I'm bored down at work and I have a 6-pack of fresh Zombie Dust. Come by and hang out with me today and drink a Zombie Dust! I'm here until 8. PM me for details.

Also. We need to get on MarkIntihar to reserve the clubhouse for the "End of summer bang".

MQFUywB.jpg

Yup! I'm off for the next two days, but I'll be in this weekend. Let me know what you need and I can hold it for you.

I'll be up north till next week. Two bottles of that would be perfect. I'll shoot you a message when I know I have free time to swing by.

Ok you homies. Griffin claw has two new beers on. Sour apricot, and black currant "tart" saison. They good

Went to pig and whiskey last night and failed to see the Short's tent til when I was leaving. So if anyone's going there don't make the same mistake I did.

Went to pig and whiskey last night and failed to see the Short's tent til when I was leaving. So if anyone's going there don't make the same mistake I did.

Where is the Shorts tent at? I'm headed over there tonight.

haha all the info is mine! actually just was busy at work. but its in the parking lot for loving touch/ WAB

i dont think they have anything too special on tap. They have Key Lime Pie and Cinnabilly. but a Huma would have been better than the Lagunitas IPAs I had.

By the time I rolled in they only had like 4 beers on. Also, the line was way long. I opted for the bourbon tent. Was not disappoint.

Also, thanks Michigan for the Geuze/wine hookup.

Ok you homies. Griffin claw has two new beers on. Sour apricot, and black currant "tart" saison. They good
Anyone else try these two yet? I'm only a mile or two away but haven't been there in a good six weeks - once I realized they took their fantastic Berliner and decided to make it into a watered-down Oberon. Just god ****ing awful.

Anyone else try these two yet? I'm only a mile or two away but haven't been there in a good six weeks - once I realized they took their fantastic Berliner and decided to make it into a watered-down Oberon. Just god ****ing awful.

I KNEW the Berliner tasted gross to me. This was the first time I went this year and was upset about the quality of the BW compared to last years.

I KNEW the Berliner tasted gross to me. This was the first time I went this year and was upset about the quality of the BW compared to last years.
I have never been more disappointed in a beer. Seriously. It was so good last year that I looked forward to drinking it all summer and then got that piece of **** served to me. Ugh.

I have never been more disappointed in a beer. Seriously. It was so good last year that I looked forward to drinking it all summer and then got that piece of **** served to me. Ugh.

Yep. I was a strong advocate for putting 2013 Berliner into cans. I told everyone to go there and try it. Now....**** that.

Yep. I was a strong advocate for putting 2013 Berliner into cans. I told everyone to go there and try it. Now....**** that.
And it will not be changed back to 2013 form as I have been told that 2013 was too sour. And, apparently, the 2014 version is how Dan Rogers always intended it. Seriously.

And it will not be changed back to 2013 form as I have been told that 2013 was too sour. And, apparently, the 2014 version is how Dan Rogers always intended it. Seriously.

Ugh. It seriously tasted like drinking dishwater with the zest of 1sq mm of lemon.

The Apridisiac is quite sour at least.

Had both. Enjoyed both. The Undertow saison is not anywhere near a saison by style but it is a pretty delicious AWA.

Yes. The Berliner sucks this year.

Who is going to Shramms Saturday? I'm not doing brunch/lunch so I hope to be there at 5.

old fecker anyone tried their stuff? I'm hearing this jet is something pretty special....thoughts? comments?

Anyone know where I can get small bottles for whiskey samples in the area? I'd like to send a few samples of TB bourbon (thanks again Michigan) to my Pops and Brother in Philadelphia.

Anyone know where I can get small bottles for whiskey samples in the area? I'd like to send a few samples of TB bourbon (thanks again Michigan) to my Pops and Brother in Philadelphia.

Since Bloomfield Hills is in between where I work and live, I volunteer to mouth jockey said whiskey to PA for others to consume.

I google street view your city looking for trees growing in houses. It's fun.

So, just incase some of ya dont know..Next saturday is Witchs Hat Brewing Co. Fury for a Feast...Its a Barrel Aged Party...Here is all the Info...

Saturday, August 23rd
Noon-Midnight

21 & Up ONLY - No Exceptions.

Admission:
$3 plus 2 non-perishable cans or $5
Event begins at 2 and ends at midnight with last call at 11pm
21 and up only please – No one under 21 will be allowed in
The brewery will be closed to the public – this is an outdoor only event. RAIN OR SHINE!

Cash only:
ATM’s located at Busch’s and Vibe Credit Union
Bands:

12:30 Slammin’ Zeros
2:00 Introduction by Emcee Rex Halfpenny
2:30 Stove Clover
4:30 Royal Bones
6:15 Toast
6:30 The Muggs
8:15 Raffle
8:30 Joshua Davis Trio

Bands:

Slamming Zeros - Modern old school. Metal, punk, billy & rock slammed into eight shots of musical bourbon.

Stone Clover – Stone Clover spins high energy antics, into the traditional world of Irish music. Not to be labeled as merely an Irish band the group draws influence from many different styles of music including, punk, metal, jazz, and folk

Royal Bones – The band’s live show teems with improvisational jams that weave one song into another, creating a unique live experience for the fans every time they play. With a multitude of covers from classic rock to modern rock, to blues, reggae, country, disco, soul, funk, and bluegrass, they always leave the crowd satisfied.

The Muggs – Detroit’s best known unsigned blues rock trio in the vein of Led Zeppelin. Channel 4 WDIV has awarded them Best Original Rock Band of 2013. They’ve also won Best Rock Band at the Detroit Music Awards in 2008 and 2013 and their sophomore album, On With The Show won Outstanding Rock Album at the DMA’s in 2009.

Joshua Davis Trio – Joshua Davis was raised in the folk tradition: the music, the social movements, the land. He writes songs that blend the roots of American music with gritty rock n’ roll and vintage soul. Performing Songwriter Magazine called the result, “Some of the liveliest and most rocking roots music around.

Parking:
Please park in the SouthEast area of the parking lot (toward MacDonald’s). Our Neighbors have been cool enough to be ok with us having this event, lets be cool back!!
Designated parking area will be marked with orange cones. Please do not park in front of Fortuna Inn, KV Sports, Verizon Wireless or any other neighboring business!

Gleaners Food Bank:
All proceeds from the door will go directly to Gleaners
All money collected from the raffle tickets will go directly to Gleaners
Last year we raised nearly $4000 and gathered 900 lbs of food!!

Raffle to be drawn at 8:15pm
You do not need to be present to win
Rafffle Items: (Raffle tickets available for $1 each at merch table and a person will be walking through the crowds selling tickets as well)
Witch’s Hat Crusier bicycle – donated by South Lyon Cycle
½ hour Massage – donated by Divine Yoga
½ hour Massage – donated by Divine Yoga
Two tickets to the Brewed in Michigan Event at Bakers in Milford 9/26/14
Gift Certificate from the Palate of Milford
Glass Blowing Class by Glass Academy
Fury for a Feast Shirts by Silk Road Screen Printing
Vinyls by Stone Clover
Lifetime Mug Club Membership and a Mug
MORE TO COME!!!

BEERS
Barrel Aged Beers: $4/5oz and $7/10oz

Bourbon Barrel Night Fury w/Vanilla Bean – 10.8% -The original that started all of this chaos! Our beloved Night Fury Imperial Stout aged in Buffalo Trace bourbon barrels w/ whole vanilla beans

Bourbon Barrel Chocolate Espresso Night Fury – 10.8% -Night Fury Imperial Stout aged in Buffalo Trace Barrels w/ Mindo cocoa nibs and Intelligentsia Black Cat Espresso beans

Bourbon Barrel Cherry Cordial Night Fury – 10.8% -Night Fury Imperial Stout aged in Buffalo Trace barrels w/ Mindo cocoa nibs and Michigan Montmorency Cherries

Bourbon Barrel Cookies ‘n Cream Night Fury – 10.8% -Night Fury Imperial Stout aged in Buffalo Trace barrels w/ whole vanilla beans, Mindo cocoa nibs and toasted coconut

Bourbon Barrel Dragontrax Night fury – 10.8% -Night Fury Imperial Stout aged in Buffalo Trace barrels w/ whole vanilla beans, Mindo cocoa nibs, toasted coconut and peanut butter – CONAINS NUTS

Bourbon Barrel Mint Chocolate Chip Night Fury – 10.8% – Night Fury Imperial Stout aged in Buffalo Trace barrels w/ Mindo cocoa nibs and mint

Bourbon Barrel Smoke’n fury – 9.0% – A blend of Night Fury and 1908 Smoked Wheat aged in Buffalo Trace barrels w/ house smoked staves of wood

Bourbon Barrel Smoke’n Fury w/Ghost Pepper – 9.0% – A blend of Night Fury and 1908 Smoked Wheat aged in Buffalo Trace barrels w/ house smoked staves of wood and ghost peppers

Bourbon Barrel 1908 – 7.4% -Smoked wheat ale aged in Buffalo Trace barrels

Bourbon Barrel Tuscan Coffee Stout – 3.9% – Dry stout brewed with locally roasted Sumatra coffee aged in Buffalo Trace bourbon barrels

Bourbon Barrel Sir Edward w/Chipotle – 8.6% – Batch #200 double brown aged in a bourbon barrel w/chipotle peppers

Bourbon Barrel Territorial – 8.5% – Collaboration with Liberty Street, Baltic Porter aged in an Eagle Rare barrel

Well Water – 11.8% – Our Holy Confusion barley wine aged in Buffalo Trace and Blanton barrels and dry-hopped in the barrel

Rye Whiskey Fear Of The Dark – 11.2% – Black barley wine aged in a Journeyman Rye Whiskey barrel

Rye Whiskey Twenty Nine – 7.4% – Saison brewed with Soriachi ace hops and basil and aged in a Journeyman Rye Whiskey barrel

Rye Whiskey Demon Cleaner – 10.2% – Belgian Tripel aged in a Journeyman Rye Whiskey barrel

Barrel Aged Midnight Doedish – 8.2% – Blend of Big Doedish DIPA and Midnight Train Black IPA aged in a barrel

Bourbon Barrel Aged Hard Cider – 6.5% – Bourbon barrel aged cider from Northville Winery

Non-Barrel Aged Beer: $2/5oz and $5/16oz

Train Hopper IPA – 6.9% – Our flagship beer, incredibly balanced and incredibly hopped American IPA

Edward’s Portly Brown – 5.4% – Easy drinking chocolaty brown ale named after our beloved Springer Spaniel – 5% of all sales of Edward’s Portly Brown goes to the Humane Society of Huron Valley

Three Kord Kolsch – 5.0% – Light and crisp with a slight fruity finish, Three Kord Koslch showcases our German roots

That Guy Session IPA – 4.4% – Session IPA brewed with Galaxy and Simcoe hops. Huge hop flavor and aroma in a not so huge beer

There Gose The Neighborhood – 5.1% – Our take on an almost extinct style of German ale brewed with ginger, coriander, salt and fermented on Tart Cherries.

Bottles of Water and Cans of Pop will also be available for purchase

Please reuse your cup– help us cut down on waste
Recycle bins will be available – We recycle, we hope you will too!

Important Stuff:
* 21 and up, NO EXCEPTIONS – Must have ID to enter

* CASH ONLY – ATM’s located walking distance at Busch’s and Vibe Credit Union

* Rain or Shine – We will have tents, if rain happens the party still goes on

* We will have some tables and chairs, but probably not enough for everyone. Feel Free to bring small, outdoor chairs if you like.

* Mug Club – No mug club mugs or discounts will be available during the event. We are sorry about this and hope you understand that it is just too hard to track at this event.

* There will NOT be any bottle releases at this event – this year. Please bear with us while we continue to grow, we are doing everything in our power to increase our capacity so that we may (no promises!) be able to have bottle releases next year. As soon as we can, we will!

* Please be responsible! If you need a ride you can contact Detroit Designated Driver Service at 313-409-8020

* We will be raffling off goodies to raise money for Gleaners! Help us raise as much as we can for this incredible cause! Raffle tickets will be available at the merchandise table

To Go Beer Sales
* We WILL be able to fill growlers of REGULAR MENU BEERS ONLY. They can be ordered at the merchandise table. A list will be available at the table – NO BARREL AGED BEERS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN GROWLERS. Growlers are only available to go – no consuming the growlers during the event

Food:
The Palate of Milford will be cooking up delicious food all day. Food will be BBQ themed, we will post a menu when we have one.

Chocolate:
Mindo Chocolate Makers of Dexter will be bringing their incredible chocolates for sample and purchase to pair with the beers – Many of which are brewed with Mindo cocoa nibs!

Knowledge:
Michigan Beer Guide – Rex and Mary will be on site to talk beer and they will have Michigan Beer Guides to give away

Tommy, Make sure you try these ones for me. Sounds like an awesome event!

BEERS
Barrel Aged Beers: $4/5oz and $7/10oz

Bourbon Barrel Night Fury w/Vanilla Bean – 10.8% -The original that started all of this chaos! Our beloved Night Fury Imperial Stout aged in Buffalo Trace bourbon barrels w/ whole vanilla beans

Bourbon Barrel Chocolate Espresso Night Fury – 10.8% -Night Fury Imperial Stout aged in Buffalo Trace Barrels w/ Mindo cocoa nibs and Intelligentsia Black Cat Espresso beans

Bourbon Barrel Cherry Cordial Night Fury – 10.8% -Night Fury Imperial Stout aged in Buffalo Trace barrels w/ Mindo cocoa nibs and Michigan Montmorency Cherries

Sup guys- I'm on a cross country beer and golf roadtrip and I'm going to be in Metro Detroit this afternoon and tomorrow for the Witch's Hat anniversary party. I'm thinking about posting up at Kuhnhenn tonight, and would be down to meet up with anyone there. Would also be up to crack some bottles and drink somewhere else. Shoot me a message if interested. Cheers.

Jeremy

Sup guys- I'm on a cross country beer and golf roadtrip and I'm going to be in Metro Detroit this afternoon and tomorrow for the Witch's Hat anniversary party. I'm thinking about posting up at Kuhnhenn tonight, and would be down to meet up with anyone there. Would also be up to crack some bottles and drink somewhere else. Shoot me a message if interested. Cheers.

Jeremy
While u r here grab some Schramms ...if ya r into that crap :)

Back