US - New England The NEBCO Lookout Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by tehzachatak, Sep 30, 2013.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. seedavid

seedavid

Is the NEBCO tasting room dog friendly? I'm taking a trip up that way tomorrow with friends, and my dog, and it would be an easy detour for us.

EDIT: I'm looking through their IG right now and it looks like it is, but if someone could confirm for me I would v much appreciate it and would prob even let you rub my dog's belly.

2. lambandtunaphish

lambandtunaphish

Yup. NEBCO (and Counterweight if you're looking for another stop) are both dog friendly.

3. seedavid

seedavid

We checked out and enjoyed both yesterday, so thanks for the response. My dog gets a little nervous around bigger or more energetic dogs sometimes, and it was a packed house, so my gf had to keep her on her lap at NEBCO. Counterweight was really good too, and more comfortable for the dog (in case anybody is concerned about that type of thing). Also, an extra thumbs up to Counterweight for having a beer with a Simpsons-reference name (Space Coyote).

4. GuzzleMcBrew

GuzzleMcBrew

Love the Space Coyote name, and beer.

mateoloco, apatrick17, pjs234 and 2 others like this.
  5. lambandtunaphish

lambandtunaphish

Edit - And the other side of the can

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  6. purephase

purephase

Cherry Vanilla IST brought out of retirement at the brewery today. I imagine GMRfx may have had a hand in that (and the double oaked Wududator of course).

7. GMRfx

GMRfx

yeah, that was me. I hope it lived up to it's past hype. I don't remember what the cask at prime back in the day tasted like... I don't remember a lot of details in general from those tap takeovers...

8. Lamnic

Lamnic Premium Supporter Contributor

Woodford Reserve Wududator AKA Wudubangor is stupidly ridiculously good.

Phin, GMRfx and averagjoe3 like this.
  9. blckout20

blckout20

I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about the new sour from this weekend.

GMRfx, averagjoe3 and Phin like this.
  10. codasnap52

codasnap52

Its pretty damn wonderful

purephase, Lamnic and davey101 like this.
  11. lambandtunaphish

lambandtunaphish

Haven't opened a bottle yet, but
    1. I asked for "Difference & Repetition" instead of "Spite & Resentment" :confused:
    2. idk which was the last batch of Double Fuzzy I had, but the can I opened last night was great

averagjoe3, purephase, Lamnic and 5 others like this.
  12. Phin

Phin

First time at NEBCO in a couple months.

Really enjoyed a new beer, Galamo IPA, got a growler fill of it. The current batch of Locust Reign is tasty. And split a bottle of the Spite & Resentment Cherry-Raspberry w/ davey101 . It was very good, a little bit tart, a good amount of each of the fruits were present as well as the oak barrel. None of the aspects were polarizing. Very happy to have enjoyed my first on-site bottle at NEBCO.

Oh & they have a new patio, which is pretty cool. But it is hot & really humid today. So, will have to test that out another day.

13. lambandtunaphish

lambandtunaphish

Let's give this thread a bump

averagjoe3, tikk, quirk6 and 6 others like this.
  14. tehzachatak

tehzachatak

I bought a case of Trashberry last time I was in CT. What a great beer, but I miss OG weiss trash too.

15. purephase

purephase

NEBCO-related, Matt Weichner and Sebastian's brewery looks close to opening.

Also I thought the most recent Spin Cycle was great.

16. Phin

Phin

New Spin Cycle cans & growlers ! It`s pretty tasty and w/ minimal lines, was happy to pick up a pack versus a long wait last week for FBD on Labor Day weekend. Also got a growler fill of MoCo IPA...Galaxy was draft only :(
    And that collab with Tribus, Exit Interview is nice. Need to check out their place in Milford at some point in the near future. Those that have been to Tribus, what are you thoughts on the beer, venue ?

tikk likes this.
  17. MooltiPass

MooltiPass

Tribus is really nice. The taproom is fantastic, super open layout with a nice outdoor space and an open view onto the brewfloor as well as a nice big bar with plenty of seating. It feels the most well thought out of all the smaller breweries I've been to in the state. The beer is really good too, obviously.

mateoloco and tikk like this.
  18. GMRfx

GMRfx

glad you enjoyed the new Spin. I've been doing all the even number releases (my recipes/brew days)... sort of trying new process ideas, water adjustments, hopping schedules, etc. I've been pretty happy with the last 3 I've done (8/10/12). Jeff and I swap back and forth, and it's a good way for us to try new stuff on our own without outside influence, and convene after and discuss results for future beers. Always appreciate feedback if you have thoughts after having opening a couple.

MoCo was a nice opportunity to show off the new Columbus crop we got. I'm very happy with our current columbus, and want to showcase it more in the future.

Sorry about Galaxy. I think that's our last half barrel on now.

Tribus is awesome. Great guys. Miss working with them every day, but always excited to visit and see what they have going on.

19. pjs234

pjs234

Gold Stock on tap this week! So glad i now work right around the corner from these guys....

Phin, Lamnic, quirk6 and 4 others like this.
  20. tehzachatak

tehzachatak

When will they can Gold Stock ??????

The people need to know.

(Yes, I know the answer is never, but I can't stop dreaming)