US - Great Lakes The Ohio Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Envelopes, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Envelopes

Envelopes

The 'whats new in Ohio' thread is one of the only things I still check on the other site. Let's change that.

Recent landings in Columbus:
    Razor Hoof (War Mullet & Permanent Funeral next weekish)
    Big Bad Baptist
    Bitches Brew
    Bell's stouts & Third Coast
    More 3F OG

Clown Shoes & Prairie coming later this month
    New Belgium & Deschutes later

What else?

2. cneville

cneville

new brewery alert! Wolf's Ridge Brewing (full disclosure: I work there) on N. 4th, downtown. No actual beer yet. Food is the bomb.com. Keep your eyes peeled.

3. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker

Excited for Prairie

joe and TomTwanks like this.
  4. M1A2

M1A2

I was just thinking about putting up an Ohio thread myself.... Glad its here though lot of good beer in and coming into the buckeye state.

5. radio2525

radio2525

Thanks for making this tread. Cleveland beer week is coming up Oct 18-26 and there will be some amazing events.

6. neorunner

neorunner

Big Bad Baptist is good stuff, fun fact they use a different coffee every time it is brewed.

7. TomTwanks

TomTwanks

Heard about this place opening...was intrigued. You guys don't plan on doing anything crazy from what I read amirite?
    Also heard of pigskin brewery opening up (or already did). No idea what either are really about.
    Also, prairie is coming?!? Can't wait to try some shit from them.

8. Envelopes

Envelopes

We're now getting beer from No-Li out of Spokane, WA
    None of it sounds particularly interesting but if they're cheap enough I'll try 'em out.

9. cneville

cneville

I don't think so. Just waiting tables, but from what it seems like, nothing too crazy initially. I'll definitely keep it updated here. I tried the still-fermenting IPA last week and it was good, so it seems like they've got their basics down. The chef is apparently a good homebrewer too, and they've got a decent sized system in there, so I'm optimistic.

10. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker

Also glad to see Seventh Son craft brewery right down the street from where I work , they seem to be brewing some decent stuff , hoping to try more of it soon .

11. Envelopes

Envelopes

Some dude on BA is claiming the Big Bad Baptist is getting sent back to Epic because it's over 12%. Anyone else heard anything about this? I better go pick some up today if so..

nanobrew likes this.
  12. Corbot_3000

Corbot_3000

I really wish an Ohio brewery would lobby to get the 12% ABV cap lifted. No Sweet Repute for Ohio!

Really excited about Prairie, looks like I'll be visiting my parents in Toledo a little more often. I could see myself getting a case of 'Merica and Gold.

13. Envelopes

Envelopes

I emailed Ramos' office last week to see if they're still working on it and got this reply:

DMBeer68 and BorisKarloff like this.
  14. Envelopes

Envelopes

Another batch of Enjoy By coming soon

15. Boilerfood

Boilerfood

Any chance we could get a Mod to attach the correct prefix on this guy? I am too dumb to remember to look in the Mid-West when trying to find Ohio. Gene?

16. Envelopes

Envelopes

Whoops! Sorry about that. Fixed.

Also, the new Jackie O's/Tired Hands collaboration APA 'Lizard Queen' is rolling around the taps right now.

Gene likes this.
  17. claaark13

claaark13

I bet you guys have more FFF than we do in Indiana.

18. DMBeer68

DMBeer68

No, I think it's all going to KY... Found ZD in Louisville along with some others. ;)

19. DMBeer68

DMBeer68

or Bomb! :mad:

20. Envelopes

Envelopes

I tried the above mentioned Jackie O's/Tired Hands beer today at the Ohio Taproom and was a bit underwhelmed. A good beer but not really worth the $18-20 a growler it's going for around town. I kind of wish the two of them had done something a little more interesting, I guess. I ended up getting a growler of Rhinegeist Fiction Belgian IPA instead. It's the first I've had from them and the sample was great.