US - Great Lakes The Ohio Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by Envelopes, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Ben

Ben

I know nothing of this thread but how it is not titled "Ohio Players" makes me feel like someone really dropped the ball.

I am looking at you Envelopes

oelayan, jdd419 and TDBuck like this.
  2. TDBuck

TDBuck

[​IMG]

oelayan, ScottJWing, Ben and 3 others like this.
  3. mcgrupp1922

mcgrupp1922

How'd we miss this? The resemblance of us Ohio folks at releases around these parts is uncanny

[​IMG]

4. TomTwanks

TomTwanks

Definitely wanted to head back down but don't feel like standing in line for hours to possible get bottles lol

5. brewtus

brewtus

If you're talking ab WR bottle release, that shouldn't be a concern. Last time, I went at 2:30 after work and easily got a full allotment. I expect this to be the same. Unless they're releasing a super limited beer, I.E. that "lambic", there's no reason to rush. Releases are something they've really excelled at

6. mcgrupp1922

mcgrupp1922

How were the Dire Wolf variants this weekend? Didn't make it due to battling a vicious cold but curious as people on untappd didn't look too impressed..

RyanMcFly1985 likes this.
  7. Columbus

Columbus

Rum Line was fantastic. Perhaps a little less coffee-forward than the bottles from last year, but that might make it more appealing for some.

Port Barrel was decent from a change-of-pace perspective. Much more subdued flavor than the Sherry Barrel, which was very polarizing. I dug it, but I was the outlier amongst the folks I was with.

Didn't actually try the straight Bourbon barrel version, as between the timed taps and traveling from the Tap Room to the "Other Side" there were too many other things I wanted to taste first.

mcgrupp1922 and RyanMcFly1985 like this.
  8. steimie

steimie

Too lazy to search and see if this has been covered already...

Hitting Fat Heads (taphouse, not pub) in a few days. Want somewhere in that area to get a cocktail and decent dinner as well. Any suggestions would be great.

BoatsAndHoes likes this.
  9. BoatsAndHoes

BoatsAndHoes

clevelandisthecity sounds like your turf :)

Kentucky and steimie like this.
  10. clevelandisthecity

clevelandisthecity

You're damn right it is. steimie message incoming! Thanks for the tag BoatsAndHoes

Kentucky, BoatsAndHoes and steimie like this.
  11. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985

If you're looking for really good cocktails, Velvet Tango Room is supposed to have some of the absolute best. I don't drink liquor so I can't speak to the quality, but all I hear is that they're amazing. Some great restaurants close to there too (Bar Cento, Fahrenheit, Parallax)

marcus23, steimie and BoatsAndHoes like this.
  12. cneville

cneville

hello not very active thread--i'm heading back up from columbus to ann arbor sunday and decided to grab a ticket for the hoof hearted release as i'll be driving right by. how do these releases go? is there a line, or can i just cruise in at any point in the time block? i don't necessarily feel like sticking around.

ur boy catlicks likes this.
  13. TDBuck

TDBuck

Seems like the later you go, the odds of a line go down. Even if there is a line, it's been moving quick the last few times I've gone.

At Konkey they had a can only line, not sure if that will continue or not.

14. ur boy catlicks

ur boy catlicks

speaking of -- was heading down to hoof from cleve to pick up cans at the brewpub this weekend, so I'm looking for a ticket. if anyone has one and can't make it, please pm to work something out.

15. TDBuck

TDBuck

The roller Blabe release is at thebrewery in Marengo which is about 30 minutes north of Columbus. The brewpub in downtown Columbus has random cans but it's usually stuff that is brewed at the pub.

16. ur boy catlicks

ur boy catlicks

Word - my point was the brewery is 30 mins closer so I'd much rather just get cans from there instead

17. Brubaker

Brubaker

Columbus folks.... Who's playing golf this summer? I have preliminary permission to play more than two rounds this year!

18. bwcampbell

bwcampbell

BoatsAndHoes or brewtus might be your huckleberry.

delawaaare, Brubaker and BoatsAndHoes like this.
  19. BoatsAndHoes

BoatsAndHoes

IN!

brewtus ? mcgrupp1922 ?

20. mcgrupp1922

mcgrupp1922

thrashD, Brubaker and BoatsAndHoes like this.