The Outer Banks of NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevyWevy1

Reaction score
Hey all you Carolinians, I'm in the Outer Banks until tomorrow, Carolla specifically. Any really good bottle shops around here? Under-the-radar breweries? I know Ashville is cool as ****, but it's like 8 hours West of here and I already have an 8 hour drive ahead of me. Thanks!

Outer Banks brew station has good beer and food in my opinion. I really like their lemongrass hefe.

There is a decent bottle shop down the road from them a mile or so. I think it's called Chips.

Outer Banks Brew Station is worth checking out... solid, if unspectacular beers. Chips has a pretty good selection of bottles (including large wall of single 12oz bottles where they invite you to make mixed six packs), and six taps that they serve flights and pints of. If you're looking for a place to spend some time though, Trio is just up the road. The bottle selection might not be quite as large, but there's a nice 20 tap bar, some tasty sandwiches and other food, and a small second floor lounge with a pool table.

Bump.gif

may be going end of May... any suggestions?

Bump.gif

may be going end of May... any suggestions?

Outer banks brew station is nice. They have good food and make good beers. I really like their lemongrass wheat beer.

Aside from that, you might want to bring most of your beer. There is a store called Chips that's pretty good but I doubt you'll find anything amazing there. Just Nc distro stuff that you might not be used to.

We (NC) is starting to get Westbrook so you might get lucky and find cans of gose. No idea if it's getting to the outer banks though.

Outer banks brew station is nice. They have good food and make good beers. I really like their lemongrass wheat beer.

Aside from that, you might want to bring most of your beer. There is a store called Chips that's pretty good but I doubt you'll find anything amazing there. Just Nc distro stuff that you might not be used to.

We (NC) is starting to get Westbrook so you might get lucky and find cans of gose. No idea if it's getting to the outer banks though.

any other parts of NC within decent (hour or so) driving distance worth going to? like breweries etc?

Back