US - New England The RI Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by thechrislife, Oct 27, 2014.

1. thechrislife

thechrislife

I think that there are finally enough breweries with enough worthwhile things going on in our tiny state to warrant a thread here.

Let's all keep up to date on events, bottle releases, sightings, etc.

Stopped in at Proclamation on Friday and they have bottles of Plattelander Rood, Plattelander, and Zzzlumber for sale.

Grey Sail has the Flotsam and Brettsam bottle release on Thursday. Anyone spotted Captain's Daughter on shelves around the state?

Tilted Barn looks to open in the next few weeks. Looking forward to getting a taste there.

RhodyBeer and OnryAndMean like this.
  2. Beerologist

Beerologist

Good to hear that tilted barn is almost open - been looking forward to seeing what they end up doing.

I've heard that Captains Daughter will be on shelves throughout the state (if it isn't already). I haven't been to the store in way too long though. That's probably because I spend at least a little time most weekends at Proclamation. Really pleased with what he has been putting out and looking forward some new batches of Keraterra. If anyone ever wants to meet up at Proclamation on a Friday or Saturday, hit me up. I was there last Friday and would expect we probably met without knowing it.

3. thechrislife

thechrislife

I just peeked in real quick on Friday to grab a couple bottles. I work across the street, which is convenient.

Beerologist likes this.
  4. jonbonbrodie

jonbonbrodie

The next batch of Captain's daughter will be at our distributor today and should be on shelves be week's end at the latest. Batch three will be packed out on Wednesday. Growlers for sale at the brewery friday-sunday too. I work the tasting room saturdays and sundays and would love to have anyone stop by and chat. Sundays are the best days for hanging out as they are the least busy. I will be there thursday night too, not working, probably just hanging out and drinking. i really really dig flotsam and brettsam too. gushes a bit (its no jolly pumpkin haha) but super super delicious and wicked quaffable. we also have some new glassware coming out too. (same shape as the tired hands/prairie dino's).

I am also at Proc most friday afternoons with Beerologist hanging out for a little bit. I really really love what Dave does and definitely am excited to see what else is coming out.

5. quirk6

quirk6

I'm going to be in Providence this weekend for Rhode Island Comic Con and was looking to find good places to go for beer and other drinks, either bar or bottle shop. Any suggestions?

6. jonbonbrodie

jonbonbrodie

Nikki's, Bottles, High Spirits are great bottle shops. Julian's is an awesome craft bar as well.

7. quirk6

quirk6

Julian's looks like it'll have to a be a dinner stop. Thanks!

8. thechrislife

thechrislife

Dinner at Julian's with great beer, then head around the corner and go to the Avery for drinks after dinner.

Both located very close to the Convention Center (where I assume Comic Con is).

9. quirk6

quirk6

The Avery popped up in my googling. Their website is useless so it's hard to know what to expect from that place. I think they have a creepy basement, thanks yelp.

10. thechrislife

thechrislife

11. jonbonbrodie

jonbonbrodie

Oh good he did finally announce it! I was wondering when that was coming. Good for him man. I can't wait to see what else he comes out with. I know we will be doing more collabs coming in the relatively near future.

they will be $9 500ml bottles. at 500ml, it allows people to get 4 each (thanks to the 72oz/person restriction) instead of 2 at 750ml format.

lambandtunaphish likes this.
  12. jonbonbrodie

jonbonbrodie

we also have new glasses for sale (the same style as the prairie dino/catfish, tired hands ones). 10.5 ounces[​IMG]

Os and lambandtunaphish like this.
  13. Sexy glasses. And bottles.

14. jonbonbrodie

jonbonbrodie

yeah im pretty gassed on both of them. i love those glasses and helped name the beer too ;) *toots his own horn.

the little swell series is our small batch barrel aged series. most will be wild ales but our buffalo trace barrel aged imperial stout will be on deck for the series.

15. thechrislife

thechrislife

Sweet. Sign me up for 4 bottles and at least one glass. See you tomorrow.

jonbonbrodie and OnryAndMean like this.
  16. Os

Os Moderator / Master of Social Media Staff Member

looking good!

jonbonbrodie likes this.
  17. Os

Os Moderator / Master of Social Media Staff Member

hey JbrewRI, you'll have to keep me posted for when I finally get up there to visit.

jonbonbrodie likes this.
  18. OnryAndMean

OnryAndMean

Hey buddy

[​IMG]

jonbonbrodie likes this.
  19. jonbonbrodie

jonbonbrodie

OsLovesBeer if you wanna let me know when you make it up, that would be awesome. I'd love to show you a spot or two and have you swing by the brewery as well. Cheers! thechrislife see you there!

Os likes this.
  20. thechrislife

thechrislife

[​IMG]

OnryAndMean likes this.