US - New England The RI Thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by thechrislife, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Beerologist

Beerologist

Don't forget, you're in Alaska. We can always do this again if you return.

jonbonbrodie likes this.
  2. jonbonbrodie

jonbonbrodie

I will return. I plan on placing an order next spring so it can be there for me by the time I get back so I can bring it back to AK with me. Good to see Tilquin/Girardin in RI now though.

3. Beerologist

Beerologist

Not much though - sounds like something around 7 cases of 375s and 750s each of Tilquin Gueuze and Quetsche. Not sure on the Girardin but I heard ti was more limited than the Tilquin. Hope it becomes more of a regular option

4. jonbonbrodie

jonbonbrodie

Damn. I snagged a good amount of girardin 37,5's before I left and Josh snagged me a tilquin gueuze and quetsche. Originally, they said none was going to come into the state, so that's a start. I'm sure it will be around a bit more. Would love to see tilquin draft version come around too.

5. thechrislife

thechrislife

Girardin is still on the shelves at Bottles, but at $13/375, it makes a lot more sense to split an order on BIAB.
    Tilquin Geueze and Quetsche were both for sale at High Spirits a few weeks ago. Limit of 1 750 on each. Was able to pick up both, and thought the Quetsche was absolutely phenomenal.

Beerologist and jonbonbrodie like this.
  6. jonbonbrodie

jonbonbrodie

$13/37,5 is pretty standard compared to where I've found it before. Especially the recent bottlings, they have been stupendous. But I agree, those bulk deals are absolutely the best. Such an incredible beer. I hear the High Spirits prices were up at $30/bottle which is way above what CT was selling them for at $22-24 a bottle. Still great beers and I probably would have snagged them as they are awesome but I hope if they make their way to RI again, the price is a bit more reasonable.

Beerologist likes this.
  7. thechrislife

thechrislife

I think it was $25 for the Gueuze and a bit over $30 for the Quetsche. I didn't even flinch at the prices, because quite honestly, the convenience of being able to pick them up on the spot, along w/ the quality of the beer, was worth it.

8. thechrislife

thechrislife

High Spirits also has a couple Bzart bottles, but at over $50 each, I passed on those.

9. jonbonbrodie

jonbonbrodie

Bzart is obscenely priced everywhere except for the bar at Ebenezer's. Had a bottle for $52 and shared it. Would not spring on a bottle again that's for sure. The price point is way over the top. I wanna see more De Cam in RI!

10. BrewWhatYouLove

BrewWhatYouLove

Would any of you dudes who live near Grey Sail pull a gopickitupforme for one of those 10oz stems? They pretty.

11. thechrislife

thechrislife

Beervana tonight. Hope to see you all there!

jonbonbrodie likes this.
  12. thechrislife

thechrislife

jonbonbrodie, Mikecap and Beerologist like this.
  13. brother rebus

brother rebus

Poor thread. Slow as molass.

14. Hopping Tiger

Hopping Tiger

What's up RI TB'ers? Where would a Cubs fan who is going to be in Providence this weekend for a conference watch baseball games and tick some good beer? I'm staying at the Omni Providence.

And will I be able to scoop Captain's Daughter cans to bring home or am I a jerk for even asking?

15. lambandtunaphish

lambandtunaphish

Thanks for bumping the thread Hopping Tiger. Can't help ya, but reminded me to ask this

Does Proclamation fill any growlers or do you need theirs?

Hopping Tiger and quirk6 like this.
  16. Beerologist

Beerologist

Hopping Tiger, I'm not much help in regards to things around Providence, but I try to stop in at Nikki's Liquors when I'm up that way, they seem to have a decent selection. I haven't seen Captains Daughter anywhere in RI over the past couple months but I haven't been looking hard either. I was wondering if perhaps they went to selling it only through the brewery since the laws changed this summer regarding the amount a brewery can sell directly to customers. I can say that Proclamation is now canning every other week on Wednesdays (tomorrow) and some cans go to distro around Providence, but amounts vary.

If you have time to make it down to the brewery, its definitely worth the trip down to Proclamation and be sure to grab some Derivative Citra and/or Galaxy. Also this is will be the first canning run of Broze, their stout. And lambandtunaphish, they will fill any growler you bring. If either of you are ever headed to Proclamation, let me know. I'm usually nearby and love to meet TBers.

17. GuzzleMcBrew

GuzzleMcBrew

The Derivative series beers are so on point these days.

jonbonbrodie and Beerologist like this.
  18. jonbonbrodie

jonbonbrodie

Hopping Tiger definitely hit up Beerologist and Proclamation if you can. And CD does make it out of the brewery despite the new laws, they brew 60 bbls of it twice a week now so it shouldn't be horribly hard to find. Nikki's and High Spirits are both the spots in PVD you should check out.

Hopping Tiger likes this.
  19. GuzzleMcBrew

GuzzleMcBrew

This place Charlestown Wine and Spirits has CD every time I go including the last couple weeks, but it's not close to Providence.

jonbonbrodie likes this.
  20. jonbonbrodie

jonbonbrodie

If you do make your way down to South County, swing by Wakefield Liquors and Charlestown. Jeff at Wakefield has some random fun stuff on the shelves and Justin at Charlestown is a wicked smart guy and has some fun stuff from the Shelton and B. United portfolios if you like deep cuts. Rumor has it that some Cantillon was just sent around town as well. Small quantities of Classic Gueuze from what I know.