US - Pacific The San Diego area thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by evilc, Sep 30, 2013.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. sdreaper

sdreaper

I did ask to make sure I could post about it since it was Lance's bottle that he got early, in order to hype it up. So I was doing my part to help. I know, I both helped Resident (...maybe, I like to think I have some influence but then reality sets in and I realize I am still just a pleb) and hurt those thinking it will be an easy release.

I also did not know the bottle count, but I did have a feeling it was going to be small.

2. Xul

Xul

Just giving you shit, I definitely hope it's a successful release for Resident. I suspect that with the low bottle count and Moksa + Mostra factor, they'll have no issue selling it out quickly, but beer geeks are hard to predict. Looking forward to (hopefully) grabbing bottles and trying it.

3. nanobrew

nanobrew

It is one of the co-host names.

rcubed likes this.
  4. rcubed

rcubed

2020: The Return Of Yellow Bus

smithj2154 likes this.
  5. pugsandsuds

pugsandsuds

I look forward to wet lambo more than any other annual release. It does not disappoint. I don’t care how ridiculous pizza port’s growler fill prices are, I’m filling my fridge with this.

arren, sdreaper, smithj2154 and 2 others like this.
  6. hophead84

hophead84

Is that true?
    They've done peach sours since then. Didn't they do a peach veritas? When the yellow bus peach tree died, so did the hope for future yellow bus, ostensibly.

7. sdreaper

sdreaper

Yes.

From the email sent to members -
    "Hey all,
    Completely forgot I wanted to share a few of the beers for club next year. We are working with Shaun from Hill Farmstead on a collab, of course the return of our Sinner's Blend that we'll be relying on our club members to help decide what that looks like, Cable Car 2020, and after much investigation from Tomme, the return of Yellow Bus.

Cheers!"

Xul and arren like this.
  8. hophead84

hophead84

nice

9. arren

arren

There's still a Lost Abbey club?

Cool.

smithj2154 likes this.
  10. rcubed

rcubed

Are you a Saint or a Sinner?

Not best run club but the beers overall have been outstanding.

smithj2154 and sdreaper like this.
  11. sdreaper

sdreaper

I actually prefer this kind of club. I know I am getting beers, I don't need to be sent an email every week (seems some in the FB group do). Box is ready, here is the pickup date, you can buy a couple extra if you so choose, date comes, collect box, get free taster, go home.

It is basically the same thing as SARA, although they allow significantly more time for pickup.

smithj2154, arren and rcubed like this.
  12. rcubed

rcubed

Yeah, I agree on that part. I just feel like members have to drag information out of the people involved instead of them having it ready to go.

arren and sdreaper like this.
  13. chemman14

chemman14

I was all in until I saw the $20 + tax/fees price tag and noped out real quick.

14. Xul

Xul

Have they provided any timeline on renewals, and then when new memberships will start opening up to people on the waiting list?

rcubed and sdreaper like this.
  15. sdreaper

sdreaper

"We are also opening up re-ups for the club, they're currently live on the website (shop.lostabbey.com) under the Sinners Portal, so make sure you're logged in. We also have the "waiting list" live as well, if you wanted to refer anyone to the club, just have them put your name in the comments section, working on something to say thank you. I'll be putting any leftover spots up for sale to the general public starting on November 8th."

^^Kinda not really spelled out if those that do the waiting list are priority over the public, I assume so...but not explicitly stated.

rcubed, smithj2154 and Xul like this.
  16. Xul

Xul

The batch of Beachwood Thrillseeker that's out right now is outrageously good. This and Hop-Fu! are the best things going in the realm of WCIPAs, and they're well ahead of the competition.

DannyFullpint, rcubed, arren and 4 others like this.
  17. rcubed

rcubed

Bought some 2.5 week old Ponto for golf yesterday and forgot how damn good that beer is. Needs to go back into the "rotation" for me.

DannyFullpint and smithj2154 like this.
  18. jan63

jan63

Two rip current BA beers went on sale on eventbrite. Black lagoon and End of the World. Picked up end of the world, but the black lagoon sold out for NP pick up, so hopefully they have some more on the first pick up day for sale.

19. Xul

Xul

Per Paul's response to a similar question on Facebook, there will be a limited number of bottles for sale at the NP tasting room on 11/08. They're also pulling some kegs of BA beers out of the archives for the event.

arren, jan63, rcubed and 2 others like this.
  20. Sebowski

Sebowski

Tyrsis, arren and rcubed like this.