The Spokane Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No event in particular, but I have it on good authority that Pints should be a good ol' time tonight.

Looks like they're expanding the ale trail territory quite a bit, although the new map isn't out yet. The SR mentions Yakima so I am guessing YCB and Bale Breaker will be on there and maybe some of the others on the 12.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/jul/25/ale-trail-adds-stops-plans-kickoff-events/

Also several events for the new map release. Last year's were pretty fun with a lot of new beer to sample.

Ale Trail
events

Kickoff events for the new Inland Northwest Ale Trail are scheduled at area taphouses through August. All run from 5 to 8 p.m. and will feature 10 or more beers from breweries on the map, with brewers on hand to discuss their creations.

• Aug. 7, The Black Diamond, 9614 E. Sprague Ave.

• Aug. 12, Post Street Ale House, 1 N. Post St.

• Aug. 16, The Lantern Tap House, 1004 S. Perry St.

• Aug. 21, Pints Alehouse, 10111 N. Newport Highway

• Aug. 28, Capone’s Pub & Grill, 751 N. Fourth St., Coeur d’Alene

Went to Growler Guys today. They're having a grand opening this weekend. Growler is free with any fill up, so I went and got my free growler.

I went to last years and enjoyed it other then the rain. Went and checked it out with Stein80 this year and enjoyed it as well. Good time, just seemed a tad expensive for a local-ish fest. Tokens were 4 for 5$ which is not bad, but entry was 25$ and that got you a glass and 6 tokens. Highlight was the Hazelnut Peppercorn KDS. Ill most likely go again next year if I have nothing going on, but wont make plans around it.

I thought the fresh hop (simcoe/citra) from Iron Goat was good. Otherwise, there weren't really any good standouts for me. The sour cherry from No-Li was abysmal - just diacetyl.

Thought the venue was actually pretty good, maybe even better than downtown. More spreadout and open, more seating and somehow felt like it had a better flow to it. Would bang again, but not unlike MatDSki, it's contingent on if it falls on a weekend I don't work. Then, as usual, I will volunteer for the free entry and bonus tokens.

Event at pints tonight I hear. I'm at a gay bar though. I got nothing.

JoeLikesBeer, Today is Black Label's Grand Opening.

Also it's River City's annual Groundhog prediction party. They've got their doppelbock on tap - it's nice, real nice.

JoeLikesBeer, Today is Black Label's Grand Opening.

Also it's River City's annual Groundhog prediction party. They've got their doppelbock on tap - it's nice, real nice.

I might swing by one or the other. Going to g love tonight so I'll be in the neighborhood.

Iron Goat's charming ghetto locale is doing their last brewday. I'm kinda sad to see it go but (selfishly) excited about the emerging concentration of breweries on the west end of downtown.

Dankety Dank Dank this Friday at the Steel Barrel. All four Fremont F2F Beers plus Cowiche!

Big stuff coming up in spokane. Gonna be a tasting with epic labels and twerked up homies.

I'll assume you mean c*nts and I'll assume that means tosh will be in attendance.

kayaking.gif

Back