US - Southwest The TEXAS thread!

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by HopAG, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Lutter

Lutter

My wife and I are there almost every Friday night. Say hi sometime!

All out of El Sputniko tho. I heard they're kegging 1 last batch of Sputnik this week though, so maybe we'll get some more.

mattchow likes this.
  2. jacobbocce72

jacobbocce72

Will do. Seems like I'm out there about once a month. Even with the new taproom pricing, still one of my favorite places to grab a beer.

3. Lutter

Lutter

If the new tap room pricing is allowing them to have more beers on tap (which I've been noticing has been happening), I'm all for it.

4. air

air

5. IndianaJones

IndianaJones Previously FLBeerFan

6. air

air

Yep more or less how all city subs are, though the shitposting bar is higher and it's nearly a guaranteed daily dose of merciless online skewering

[​IMG]

jbeezification and boogercrack like this.
  7. SirDickButts

SirDickButts

Never been and prolly won't go after reading that. Lmao. Nothing's more worse than hipster parents.

mattchow likes this.
  8. Phischy

Phischy

Hahaha, hilarious. The Pizza Port model is pure gold, they have 5 locations and are making bank. If I were to ever open a brewpub, that's what I'd do. Except most of the PP do have an area that's more of a bar, somewhat seperated from all the tables.

9. Lutter

Lutter

It's fine as long as you go after 8pm in my experience *shrug*

We usually will start Fridays at Austin Beerworks and end up at the North location at about 9:30pm. Place is usually not balls to the wall by then.

10. THRILLHOUSE

THRILLHOUSE

As soon as I saw that posted I knew it was going to turn into a typical r/Austin shitshow.

And yeah, similar to Lutter, I typically go around 8 PM on Friday's since that's when the family crowd starts to die down. (South location for me though.)

11. air

air

Yep, early in the day or anytime after 8-9 is the time to go if you wanna avoid mobs of shrieking kids.

12. Lutter

Lutter

I just read about half of that thread and I'm pretty sure that the people complaining the people with kids are self-entitled assholes are, they themselves, entitled assholes.

If you wanna escape kids altogether there's always the Draught House down the road. Literally never seen a child there, lol.

13. Chadzero

Chadzero

Dude I was at DH Sunday. Those little fuckers infiltrated the place. One climbed up a big bush out front and was screaming from the top for 5min.

morsetx, air and Lutter like this.
  14. Lutter

Lutter

15. thejukes

thejukes

Oh, I really enjoy a good "kids shouldn't be at a brewery" bitchfest. It's so neat to hear younger people explain why your life is forfeit once you have kids. I didn't read it, but I assume that's what's going on based on you guys' comments.

"I'm 21-25, and I hate kids because I'm so metropolitan and worldly. Having kids is so banal and establishment"

Same person 5-10 years later: "I don't see the problem with bringing my kids if it's not a bar-like environment. I've been frequenting that brewery since you guys were in middle school!"

16. THRILLHOUSE

THRILLHOUSE

It's a typical reddit thread. A few level headed and reasonable posts from parents and non-parents. Then a shit ton of hot takes.

thejukes likes this.
  17. nathanmiller

nathanmiller

I know we rehash this issue all the damn time but it just seems like such a simple solution: if your kids are jerks, don't bring them to places. If you're a jerk with or without kids, don't go to places.

Or, don't be a jerk.

beernerds, mwbbq, awinkro and 8 others like this.
  18. air

air

Being a good person and by extension, being a good parent, is the real point here. Keep the rowdy ass kids disciplined ffs.

Somehow, apparently that is too much to ask.

SirDickButts likes this.
  19. thejukes

thejukes

Right, but this should apply to all public places. The cool kids contend that a brewery should be some child free zone where they are free to talk about their new gluten-free scarf as profanely as necessary.

SirDickButts likes this.
  20. BGsWo22

BGsWo22

When did this become about everything but beer?