The Twin Cities (MPLS/St. Paul) thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mango Mama Growler Tickets go on sale at 5pm on Monday October 14th, 2013 at the brewery. $24 without a growler return, $21 with a growler return.
Pick up and pints(?) will be on Wednesday October 23rd starting at 5pm.

Le Grand Whiner; their Grand Cru aged in a Red Wine Barrel
will be released at 5pm on Thursday October 24th.

Three Hour Tour is being released at 5pm on Saturday October 26th. (AKA D-Day)

Interested! Have to pick up the wife at the airport that evening (not sure when yet) & I know I won't be allowed in without her, but we should be able to swing by, haven't seen your smiling face in a while.

If they could join me, how long do you think it will take for the sh**show to start on BA about how wrong it is to bring kids to a beer release?
hahaha! Yeah, man. That's the last thing we want: parents teaching their kids how to drink responsibly. I mean, look at my dogs, for example. Sure, they know how to party, but they are always classy like their daddy.

Last edited:
If they could join me, how long do you think it will take for the sh**show to start on BA about how wrong it is to bring kids to a beer release?

My kids are beer release veterans: some people just need stuff to criticize, they can't help it.

We were in Town Hall not long ago when my 11 year old pointed at this older gentleman (who's often there & almost always sloshy) & said "Is that the guy who was drunk here last time?" A bad role model can be valuable, too!

My kids are beer release veterans: some people just need stuff to criticize, they can't help it.

We were in Town Hall not long ago when my 11 year old pointed at this older gentleman (who's often there & almost always sloshy) & said "Is that the guy who was drunk here last time?" A bad role model can be valuable, too!
Nice meeting you at Indeed! You heading to Steel Toe on Saturday?

<--- Is this picture better?

In other MN/WI news:

I saw a poster at Casanova advertising Indeed as "Coming Soon!"

Pretty exciting to see these guys grow.

hopefully won't be all sold out by 4.

Last Lunker release hung around for a while, so I suspect there will be plenty for everyone. I won't be there until after 4PM, I'm sure there will still be bottles (says the guy who always underestimates the howling hordes of beergeekdom who seems to multiple by the day).

Last edited:
Last Lunker release hung around for a while, so I suspect there will be plenty for everyone. I won't be there until after 4PM, I'm sure there will still be bottles (says the guy who always underestimates the howling hordes of beergeekdom who seems to multiple by the day).
true, my only concern is the lower bottle limit.

See you homies in the AM. Bright and early...

Yeah, this has been pretty relaxed in years past, though last year the line really piled up right around opening time. Since beer crazy seems to grow exponentially...wonder what it'll look like this year. We'll see if I feel like setting my alarm tonight.

Yeah, this has been pretty relaxed in years past, though last year the line really piled up right around opening time. Since beer crazy seems to grow exponentially...wonder what it'll look like this year. We'll see if I feel like setting my alarm tonight.
Yeah I was there at 7 last year. Ridiculous.

What's the status of Blakkr cans in MN right now? Relatively easy to get? Gone? Looking to get some more IP @ DLD. Love that beer.

Back