US - South-Atlantic The Veil Brewing Co. Opening In RVA

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by kingkong, Jun 12, 2015.

1. ncaudle

ncaudle

SUCKUP!

srs

not srs
    LYMI (you too Os)

Os and Shilt like this.
  2. Mopps

Mopps

Brian, takes one to know one my friend. It's taken almost two years to get to this point and I don't think I would ever have gone down this road if it wasn't for the amazing friendships I've made along the way. You and I know well how a shared passion for beer can lead to life long memories. Who could have guessed an accidental ISO would lead to so much. Thank you my friend. I can't wait to share a beer together sometime soon!

3. Evan1212

Evan1212

How long can one expect a can release (such as the one today) to last for sale?

4. Shilt

Shilt

I got there at 630, and everything but Cheryl from Accounting was sold out. Line started at 2 or so today and was over 150 deep at opening apparently. That said, it all depends on the case counts. Crucial Taunt was 60 today, and Lord Shredder was 85. Cheryl from Accounting was 100 cases. All were 2 four packs per person. If that trend continues, expect most beers (especially highly desired ipas/dipas) to be out by between 530-6. The line seems to have gotten bigger by opening each week. I would expect the same the next week, and moving forward when there is a new beer that is highly desired being released. I do believe they will have another brewer coming in soon, so that should help ramp up prodcution a bit. But for at least the next few weeks, and more limited releases on the horizon (based on what Matt has been posting on the Facebook page), cans are likely to sell out early in the evening.

ilovestouts and Frank like this.
  5. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

Anyone heading to the release tomorrow? Was think of heading up since my job got pushed til Wednesday.

6. Shilt

Shilt

I'll stop by around 6 or so to check out the new beers on draft. The no limits and many new beers has an eerilly similar vibe of the first time they released Master Master Shredder Shredder. Don't think all beers will sell out tomorrow, but can definitely see this being the longest line at open in over a month.

mcaulifww and wuntrikpony like this.
  7. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

Does the line move quickly? Are people just camping out looking at their phones or is their bottle sharing?

8. Shilt

Shilt

It depends. Lines have been pretty quick the past few weeks, but then again, you could roll in at 6 or 630 and still get beer without having to wait in line. No bottle sharing allowed at all. However, when the brewery opens at 4 you can grab draft, and if your spot in line is in the parking lot, you're allowed to drink while you wait. My guess is some people will line up at noon or earlier (completely unneccessary, but has happened nearly every week for two months), then the biggest portion of the line will form between 3-330. Given the amount of beers and no limits, some may show up between 2:30-3.

wuntrikpony likes this.
  9. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

This whole lining up 3-4 hours early thing makes no sense to me. We all have better things to do with our time. Ugh...

Well if the line sucks, I'll go grab some food/beers at Mekong and wait it out.

mcaulifww likes this.
  10. mcaulifww

mcaulifww

This is a good strategy

wuntrikpony likes this.
  11. Shilt

Shilt

And with the introduction of a pilot batch DIPA and only 60 crowlers of it, you can now guarantee a line starting early.

MrKennedy and mcaulifww like this.
  12. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

Seems like Veil wants to hype this up. Why not just surprise people with some crowlers of a beer they can drink on draft later that day?

13. nathanmiller

nathanmiller

Cross-post here where it makes more sense.

[​IMG]

14. mcaulifww

mcaulifww

It's in stock right now. Not an event glass. Seems like it'll be a limited run but I can't tell

15. Shilt

Shilt

I can snag a couple for you next week when I'm back in town for cost + label for ya if you'd like. It's a limited run I believe, but not sure it's in danger of selling out yet.

16. bmh_the_1legend

bmh_the_1legend

Sorry dude, just saw this. But yeah if Sam can hook you up that would be great. I'm hoping to be at the Veil (for the first time ever!) sometime between the 11-14 and if you're still ISO I can pick it up if still there.

Shilt likes this.
  17. nathanmiller

nathanmiller

Yay!

PM'ing you. Thank you.

mateoloco and Shilt like this.
  18. caaam

caaam

If anybody is gonna be there today (or Mekong tonight) say hey. I'll be in a Talkbeer t shirt and a Durham bulls baseball cap

19. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

Really wanted to head up, but work just won't allow it this week. All the new stuff sounds tasty, but it would be hard to be Lord Lord Shredder Shredder.

20. Shilt

Shilt

I'll be there. Landed my Forever Summer ticket yesterday, so not as early as some others. Actually drove by the brewery this morning after picking up some delicious Early Bird Biscuit Company, and there was already some woman in her car waiting in the parking lot :confused: