US - South-Atlantic The Veil Brewing Co. Opening In RVA

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by kingkong, Jun 12, 2015.

1. bmh_the_1legend

bmh_the_1legend

I wish I was still in Richmond for this release. Hell I wish I was in RVA permanently...

2. JulianB

JulianB

3. PSUMike

PSUMike

Stopped here last week while I was on a business trip. First off, the space is beautiful and pretty massive. Can sales were very smooth. IPAs that I tried were all quite good. Their doubles were a touch on the sweet side for me but still enjoyable. Bought myself a stemmed glass as well. Enjoyed my time there.

brother_kenneth and JulianB like this.
  4. BGsWo22

BGsWo22

Is there another thread on veil I can't find?

5. Ryan_G

Ryan_G

So, cans of Never Never Again Again. Still around or limited release and dunzo?

6. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

mateoloco likes this.
  7. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

Super limited brewery only, sold out quickly. Probably had to get in line before opening to snag any. Been trying to trade for it locally with no success.

One thing to consider is that their fruited goses do not age well. In the case of NNAA, there was so much residual fruit sugar in packaging, that cans are already exploding if kept outside the fridge.

I hoarded a ton of Never Forever(passion fruit) when it was released a couple months ago and the cans are super carbonated and drier now...it's a different beer. Very much regret not drinking it all fresh.

mateoloco and Ryan_G like this.
  8. Shilt

Shilt

Hit me up next time they do a fruited (or double fruited) gose, and I can take care of you at cost and a label. NNAA sold out really quickly on release day. All my NNAA were spoken for as a result. It was great, but as mentioned above, some cans that haven't been kept cold are ticking time bombs right now.

mateoloco and Ryan_G like this.
  9. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

Any TBers going to the anniversary?

10. bramsdell

bramsdell

If I'm passing through Richmond next weekend, could I just stop in and grab a growler? It sounds like cans sell out so I don't care about that, I'm looking to have a quick transaction that won't add more than a couple minutes to our trip. (Would have a pour or two, but the lady does not drive manual.)

11. caaam

caaam

They almost always have a no crowler/Growler policy, sadly

bramsdell and JBPortland like this.
  12. JBPortland

JBPortland

caaam said it...

If you want some good take-home beer from RVA Triple Crossing does crowlers (I know at Foushee St location, not sure about new Fulton location) and is generally as good as any Veil beer. They're also more likely to have cans on the weekend because less #hypebro.

The Answer does crowlers as well. Either one would be a good choice for some hops.

mcaulifww and bramsdell like this.
  13. bramsdell

bramsdell

14. ncaudle

ncaudle

Triple Crossing does can releases on fridays so they generally still have cans available on the weekend. only their Foushee location does crowlers.
    Don't skip on Final Gravity - they might be the best overall brewery in RVA...

15. Shilt

Shilt

Yeah, Veil will never do growlers and only do crowlers about once a month recently and that's for their third Thursday celebrations. As mentioned, TCB and Answer are great options. And Nic is right, if you're talking to style beers across the board, Final Gravity is probably the best RVA has to offer. They aren't all gonna blow you away, but there's also not a bad beer in the bunch.

MrKennedy, JBPortland and bramsdell like this.
  16. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

Really stoked to hit the anniversary party and try that NNFF. Should be a fun day in Richmond with all the other shit on at Answer and Triple crossing.