US - New England The Vermont Travel Guide

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by ilovermont, Oct 14, 2013.

1. ZackB

ZackB

If you are indeed in Waterford (and not Waterbury), I'd head north about 45 minutes to the Westmore area. You can hike a couple trails at Mt. Pisgah, or head out towards Long Pond and do the Bald Mountain trail.

amk likes this.
  2. chtoder

chtoder

Thanks for the suggestions! We are in Waterford and not Waterbury... that confusion has caused a few minor mixups already

ZackB likes this.
  3. ZackB

ZackB

Haha good deal. Another option you have is to go south about the same distance--puts you in the Franconia Notch (NH)--lots of hiking and outdoorsy stuff to do there too.

SecretSquirrel likes this.
  4. shankly

shankly

Anyone have beer distributor recommendations in the vicinity of the Northeast Kingdom? I'm hoping to get a couple sixtels for a party i'm throwing in early September. Nothing too crazy--I was thinking something from Lost Nation, Zero Gravity, or somewhere else local that's actually attainable. I already submitted a request through Lost Nation's website & haven't heard back, so I want to have a couple backup options.

Ideally i'd like to rent a jockey box too, so if anyone has a lead on that it would be really helpful.

5. natejohnson

natejohnson

CBC Waterbury should be able to cover you. I'm pretty sure they rent jockey box too.

shankly likes this.
  6. BulkCarrier

BulkCarrier

Best brewery in Burlington right now (HF/TA/Lawson's level type of beers)

BravoDawg likes this.
  7. BulkCarrier

BulkCarrier

Heady is the only beer TA is dispersing outside of the brewery right now. Focal and anything else you'll have to go there.

BravoDawg likes this.
  8. SoggyBreeches

SoggyBreeches

Any feedback from the new Alchemist site? Supply, limits, selection, tour details etc? Would love to hear back from someone who has been recently. Heading up from Boston next month and hoping to bring back some 4packs / maybe a case? Thanks guys, cheers!

9. Os

Os Moderator / Master of Social Media Staff Member

last 2 trips up has been either a mixed case (Topper, Banger, Crusher) or a straight case of Banger... there's a line to start the day but they are good at processing people...

10. PepeSylvia

PepeSylvia

Heading to Waterbury in early November with 2 couples. Will be hitting the bars and restuarants in town one night but looking for something else to do during the day. I am assuming it will be too cold for the swimming holes, might look for a disc golf course, or possibly go for a hike. Any ideas or must do outdoor activities around that time?

11. abawol01

abawol01

Dri
    Drive a little and go to smugglers notch. Totally worth it. Disc golf, tennis, etc. It's a resort so there is fun for everyone.

Jb123 and PepeSylvia like this.
  12. dadavat

dadavat

There is a free disc golf course in Waterbury that I took my kids to. It was my first time so I can't attest to its quality but it had some nice views.

PepeSylvia likes this.
  13. Kingfish

Kingfish

The Duxbury trailhead for Camel's Hump is about 15 minutes outside Waterbury. We did it last weekend and it was a great hike. Views will probably be even better in early November. If you don't have the time to go up and back there is also a 1 mile loop trail that supposedly has good views of Camel's Hump in that area, but we didn't do that so I'm not sure if it is worth it.

PepeSylvia likes this.
  14. GuzzleMcBrew

GuzzleMcBrew

[​IMG]
    Finally brought my baby girl to Pro Pig!
    [​IMG]
    Pleasant surprise to find Boneyard on draft. Got to tick RPM!

15. tylerk88

tylerk88

Has anyone had any luck filling a Hydro Flask at a VT brewery? I've been using one as a water bottle and am curious how it'll fare as a growler.

16. BarrelAged

BarrelAged

Hey guys, spending Fri/Sat this week on a Greensboro, Stowe, Waterbury, Montpelier loop. Wondering if there are any suggestions on dog friendly patios to sit and have beers/snacks with dog in tow. thanks

17. Os

Os Moderator / Master of Social Media Staff Member

you can have your dog outside if it's on a leash at Parker Pie

GuzzleMcBrew and BarrelAged like this.
  18. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink

Pro Pig Brewery

SecretSquirrel and GuzzleMcBrew like this.
  19. BarrelAged

BarrelAged

Thanks. We ended up spending a few hours with our pup on the little patio in front of Blackback. Worked out great

pythonhgr and Os like this.
  20. bearsonacid

bearsonacid

Has anyone been to Monarch and the Milkweed in Burlington yet - specifically for dinner?