US - New England The Vermont Travel Guide

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by ilovermont, Oct 14, 2013.

1. supremepie

supremepie

Haven't been in for dinner yet but breakfast/lunch and pastries are insane.. Best new addition to the food scene up here in a long time.

2. jeevo

jeevo

Random question here, but how late does the foliage season last in Vermont? Will early late October/early November be too late to see the colored leaves?

nhindian likes this.
  3. natejohnson

natejohnson

Hard to say definitively, but the trees will probably will be pretty bare by that time.

4. jeevo

jeevo

Welp, that post just crushed my soul.

5. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink

Don't give up hope, this week is peak in about 50% of the state, next week should have pockets of great color, check some of the Vermont tourista sites

jeevo likes this.
  6. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink

Keep up the illusion, there is always something colorful to look at here.

supremepie likes this.
  7. jeevo

jeevo

So you're telling me there's a chance? :D

8. Timmush

Timmush

what is Uber like up in the Waterbury area. Thinking of Waterbury to Burlington and back? Unless someone wants to drive a cool dude around ;)

9. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel

no Uber in waterbury... Burlington not sure if it's happen there or not...

10. tylerk88

tylerk88

I used Uber in Burlington last weekend. Got towed which was awesome and took a $10 Uber ride within Burlington to pickup my car.

SecretSquirrel likes this.
  11. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel

that's good to know...

12. axeman9182

axeman9182

Sometimes you can snipe an Uber from Waterbury if someone is getting dropped off in Stowe or something. When I was there this summer we were able to get an Uber from our airBnB in Waterbury to Doc Ponds, and then the app mostly showed no car available while we ate dinner, only for one to pop up again when we were ready to go. From what our drivers were saying you shouldn't have a problem getting one from Burlington to Waterbury, but going the other way could be tough.

13. GreenMtnMike

GreenMtnMike

It looks like Miso Hungry found a semi-permanent home at the base of Jay Tramside. Unfortunately they were closed so I couldn't ask if they would still park their truck at Hill Farmstead on occasion...

[​IMG]

axeman9182 and Frank like this.
  14. Knine

Knine

If anyone is planning on going up to VT for the weekend and is looking for a place to stay: The girlfriend and I had made reservations for the Old Stagecoach Friday & Saturday, we broke up, and now trip is canceled. Would be happy to transfer the reservation to someone else rather than take a hit for the full amount (canceling within 14 days). Thank you box for helping out would be involved as well. Cheers!

DCLA, Dino and SecretSquirrel like this.
  15. seedavid

seedavid

Personally, I feel like you should go up either by yourself or with a friend, and drown your post-breakup sorrows in Stagecoach huevos and Focal Banger.

16. Timmush

Timmush

Ask them if you can change the trip to a different weekend that your can go. Lots of places will do that. I have had some places give me a voucher for the amount. This way they have your money for another trip and can book for the current weekend

DCLA, duceswild, Noots and 5 others like this.