Tired Hands Out of the Emptiness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max

Reaction score
who's gonna be there tomorrow? what time are you getting there? don't forget, a new batch of the light that spills out of the hole in your head was tapped today. oh, and 30 loaves of bread available... 1/person, $5/each.

from facebook: Six bottles per person. $15 per 500ml bottle. This beer is the perfect autumnal digestif. Orange-hued Saison fermented in red wine barrels on local plums. As it exists, Out of the Emptiness, is a rather lightly carbonated beer. Enjoy its petilant charm now, or age for a more rousing carbonation level. 7.0% abv.

there are like 400 bottles available... 6 per person... not sure how long the line will get. Also depends on the rain/no rain factor.

4 on a work day is a killer. I'm going to try and skip out early, but definitely not before 3. I'm thinking ill still be good.

I'll be there. Hoping to cut out of work early but that still would only put me there at like 330 or so. The weather/holiday/weekday situation should cut down on the line but this bottle limit makes no sense whatsoever. Handfarm b2 was 3pp with 540 bottles. Why would this be double the limit with less to go around? I'm thinking there's going to be a lot of disappointed people later today.

I'll be there. Hoping to cut out of work early but that still would only put me there at like 330 or so. The weather/holiday/weekday situation should cut down on the line but this bottle limit makes no sense whatsoever. Handfarm b2 was 3pp with 540 bottles. Why would this be double the limit with less to go around? I'm thinking there's going to be a lot of disappointed people later today.
We're in the same boat. The only thing I can think of regarding the bottle limit is that they really don't expect many people to show up given the holiday. I hope that thinking is correct.

Handfarm b2 was 3pp with 540 bottles.

and i still missed out. so i'm hoping to do a drive by around 2:30-3. i'm taking a half day off work... i was going to anyways to get a jump on the traffic. welp, so much for getting a jump on the traffic!

xnicknj i'll be the one in the black hoodie and glasses. wait, that's everyone that goes to TH!

We're in the same boat. The only thing I can think of regarding the bottle limit is that they really don't expect many people to show up given the holiday. I hope that thinking is correct.

Definitely possible - or Jean just wants to get through the sales as quickly as possible to deal with the Thanksgiving Eve crowd.

and i still missed out. so i'm hoping to do a drive by around 2:30-3. i'm taking a half day off work... i was going to anyways to get a jump on the traffic. welp, so much for getting a jump on the traffic!

xnicknj i'll be the one in the black hoodie and glasses. wait, that's everyone that goes to TH!

Add in a beard and you're dead on :cool:

This beer does sound awesome and definitely ISO. Wondering if there will be anymore bottle releases close to Christmas when I'm back in Philly. Plan on making multiple trips just like last year.

This beer does sound awesome and definitely ISO. Wondering if there will be anymore bottle releases close to Christmas when I'm back in Philly. Plan on making multiple trips just like last year.
There are two more "emptiness" variations that I think will make it into bottles. It would be cool if they were released around then.

There are two more "emptiness" variations that I think will make it into bottles. It would be cool if they were released around then.

just hope that it's an unseasonably warm day. don't know if i can convince the wife to stand outside with me again after it snowed at the guillemot release. i couldn't feel my toes by the end.

also everyone remember bottles are cash only today at the side doors, and bread line is at the front door,

i unfortunately will not be attending,
jsut wanted to share the knowledge

also everyone remember bottles are cash only today at the side doors, and bread line is at the front door,

i unfortunately will not be attending,
jsut wanted to share the knowledge

i just saw the FB post a few minutes ago. looks like i'll be running out to wawa on my lunchbreak to snag some cash. and it really doesn't make any sense that the bread would be a different line.

the bread seems like the rarer item being sold today.

Sold out when I was about ten people away. I was bummed until I started to feel my toes again. Big ups to the dude dressed like an extra from a Vampire Weekend video who was offering people ahead of him in line BCBS if he could buy a part of their allotment because "it's your right to buy six even if you only want two."

Sold out when I was about ten people away. I was bummed until I started to feel my toes again. Big ups to the dude dressed like an extra from a Vampire Weekend video who was offering people ahead of him in line BCBS if he could buy a part of their allotment because "it's your right to buy six even if you only want two."
I must have been pretty close to you. I was about 15 or so away when they sold out. Bummer too, since I spent an hour standing in the rain and snow for nothing. Oh well; you win some, you lose some.

Todd is the best.

i wonder if we should rename the thread 'your best todd moments'. seems like people would line up.

so um, hows the beer other than flat?

I had a bottle last weekend. The beer is delicious, but pretty still for now. The plum is there, but it's more of an accent rather than a major component of the flavor. It has the zesty tartness that other TH barrel-aged saisons exhibit, with a nice splash of white wine, oak, grape, etc. I like it, but I'm probably gonna hold off on opening any more to see if it carbs up a little more.

so um, hows the beer other than flat?
xnicknj beat me to it. But his description is pretty spot on. Delicious flavors, with carbonation a bit less than desired. I'm also going to wait on opening the rest of my bottles to see if it carbs up.

all this. exactly what i thought. like how i let everyone else do the work and just piggyback on what is said?

I've noticed that all of their beers bottled and on tap are super low carb. I drink their growlers same day because even 24 hours after being filled they are practically flat.

I've noticed that all of their beers bottled and on tap are super low carb. I drink their growlers same day because even 24 hours after being filled they are practically flat.

I;ve only had two of thier growlers, both 4 days out from filling, one was fine, one was nearly still.

fine. if ya'll are just going to wait for other people to do all the work, i'll open another bottle soon. =)

i had a bottle the night of the release and it had low carbonation. so i'm guessing that will get better with age. or at least the bottle description says so.

Back