'Tis the Season for Eggnog!

Discussion in 'Whiskey, Wine & Other Booze' started by Michigan, Nov 18, 2013.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. reverseapachemaster

reverseapachemaster

I like blanco over reposado and keep the Espolon blanco on hand as my shelf tequila. I like it straight but for the price don't mind that people mix it into cocktails.

BeersMorgan and GregorySingh like this.
  2. GregorySingh

GregorySingh

What a bummer! Sorry to hear about that

3. symphonic volenska

symphonic volenska

Made my first batch ever of AB eggnog on Monday, per recommendations from this site. Only have had store-bought stuff before this.

Used some relatively cheap booze because I didn't know if I would even like it.

First tastes and I love it and wish I made it sooner. Probably going to make another batch soon to keep for next year.

GRDave, auracom and GregorySingh like this.
  4. GRDave

GRDave

5. shadowane

shadowane

I made half recipes of the clyde commons and Alton Brown recipes over the holidays. While both were delicious, I liked Alton Brown's better. It's more rich and I liked the liquors more. However, I like the ultra rich feel of real egg nog so that's probably why I liked the yolks only versions. I totally get why people would go for the lighter version of Clyde Commons though.

6. whitehouse50

whitehouse50

has anyone had any issues with storing their alcoholic nog in empty plastic water/milk gallon containers? the last few years I've used up my overstock of glass growlers and don't feel like buying new ones and would prefer to get the cheaper plastic containers, but was concerned if the alcohol in the plastic might give an off flavor.

7. Lutter

Lutter

Dude. Go to Target and get some Ball glass jars. They cost practically fucking nothing.

I use these 32oz ones for homebrew experiments and coffee all the time:

https://www.target.com/p/ball-12ct-32oz-glass-mason-jar-with-lid-and-band-wide-mouth/-/A-49139680

They make 16oz ones too:

https://www.target.com/p/ball-12ct-16oz-glass-mason-jar-with-lid-and-band-regular-mouth/-/A-12794405

Great seal (obviously... they're made for jelly/preserves/pickling) and they certainly won't give any off-flavors since they're food grade.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  8. whitehouse50

whitehouse50

excellent idea, completely forgot about those, thank you. I checked out the ball website and they do make 64oz and gallon size jars too.

GRDave likes this.
  9. whitehouse50

whitehouse50

made a batch of egg nog in my fancy new ball jars, used buffalo trace, remy, and goslings

(Link to media)