Toppling Goliath KBBS/Assassin '17 Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulianB1

Reaction score
Figured we could have a thread for all the hysteria, shitlordery, online derp, etc. that is already surrounding this release (and will only continue once people win the lottery, get shut out of the lottery, get bottles, trade bottles, raffle bottles, and so on).

Craft beer, 2016:

15220100_10154632398796745_7368798931281324074_n.jpg

Figured we could have a thread for all the hysteria, shitlordery, online derp, etc. that is already surrounding this release (and will only continue once people win the lottery, get shut out of the lottery, get bottles, trade bottles, raffle bottles, and so on).

Craft beer, 2016:

hahahahahaha what a weiner

Craft beer, 2016:

I might just contact that guy to make $5. I never win ****, so it's a very safe bet.

Craft beer, 2016:

I want to grow up, and be just like him.

I might just contact that guy to make $5. I never win ****, so it's a very safe bet.

You can enter, and then if you win just don't buy the $5 ticket, and it moves on to someone else.

Also, I hope TG sees this and bans all the names listed. Of course after they all sign up so this knob has to pay everyone $5 for nothing.

You can enter, and then if you win just don't buy the $5 ticket, and it moves on to someone else.

Also, I hope TG sees this and bans all the names listed. Of course after they all sign up so this knob has to pay everyone $5 for nothing.
Trust me, I'm a mush. I have nothing to worry about

I would agree, but hopefully none of those people are legitimately into beer and want to go lol. I could see some jagoff from ISO:FT doing that to some people just out of spite.

"for $200 they will purchase an impressive boxed set of brews. Included will be 2 bottles (22 oz. each) of Assassin, a rich Imperial Stout aged for over a year in Kentucky Bourbon barrels and 1 piece of Assassin glassware. Complementing this will be 1 bottle (12 oz.) of Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout, an intensely aromatic beer with a blend of espresso and maple syrup, packaged in a limited edition, branded wooden box and 1 piece of KBBS glassware."

Three beers and two glasses for $200. That would be ridiculous if you couldn't immediately resell them for $1,000.

"for $200 they will purchase an impressive boxed set of brews. Included will be 2 bottles (22 oz. each) of Assassin, a rich Imperial Stout aged for over a year in Kentucky Bourbon barrels and 1 piece of Assassin glassware. Complementing this will be 1 bottle (12 oz.) of Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout, an intensely aromatic beer with a blend of espresso and maple syrup, packaged in a limited edition, branded wooden box and 1 piece of KBBS glassware."

Three beers and two glasses for $200. That would be ridiculous if you couldn't immediately resell them for $1,000.

Hopefully we get someone who films themselves smashing the package right outside the door, just like those dudes who busted up Xbox Ones on release night outside of Best Buy for maximum trolling lulz

uh. and a box.

Betting on the inevitable flood of bottles on the secondary market for everyone who thought "I'll just repay the cost of my airfare/food/hotel/lost work/$200 stout package by selling one of my Assassin bottles and the glassware!"

Betting on the inevitable flood of bottles on the secondary market for everyone who thought "I'll just repay the cost of my airfare/food/hotel/lost work/$200 stout package by selling one of my Assassin bottles and the glassware!"

I'd say there's a good chance (if there were a way to accurately measure such things) it ends up being the release with the highest percentage of bottles on the trade/secondary market, especially with TG making it pretty clear Assassin is going to be on tap all over town that weekend.

From BA:

"I was on the phone with my boss when the email came in. I let out a weird sounding shriek, which led to him asking what that was about and meet explaining that I get to spend $200 on 3 bottles of beer... he didn't get it."

He's not the only one who didn't get it...

Got in. Hopefully Mrs will join even with no +1 option for tickets.

Betting on the inevitable flood of bottles on the secondary market fo̶r̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶"̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶f̶a̶r̶e̶/̶f̶o̶o̶d̶/̶h̶o̶t̶e̶l̶/̶l̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶/̶$̶2̶0̶0̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶A̶s̶s̶a̶s̶s̶i̶n̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶t̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶l̶a̶s̶s̶w̶a̶r̶e̶!" from the owners of Toppling Goliath.
FTFY

Entered to see if I was lucky just assuming I would pass if I won. Didn't win.

I had a gold wax assassin. Two years ago I blacked out from a 5 yr black tuesday vert+choc rain+mw+gm and a 4 yr (i think) darklord vert. Woke up next morning and the Assassin was empty. My buddy who showed up late and missed the bruery verts said "remarkably unremarkable" which I tell myself all the time to make it feel ok :D

Back