Toppling Goliath Mornin' Delight Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLoveMD

Reaction score
http://www.tgbrews.com/MD2015.html

"The Mornin’ Delight package is $100 includes 2x 22 ounce bottles of Mornin’ Delight, a commemorative box, 1x Mornin' Delight chalice, and one 10 ounce pour of Mornin' Delight. The MD package will be cash only to speed up the line. Card sales will be allowed for other purchases in the taproom."

25946-haaxmc.gif

Lulz. No.

http://www.tgbrews.com/MD2015.html

"The Mornin’ Delight package is $100 includes 2x 22 ounce bottles of Mornin’ Delight, a commemorative box, 1x Mornin' Delight chalice, and one 10 ounce pour of Mornin' Delight. The MD package will be cash only to speed up the line. Card sales will be allowed for other purchases in the taproom."

25946-haaxmc.gif

Lulz. No.
Registration is closed. 500 suckers identified.

$10 for glass
$10 for pour
$40 x2 for bottles.

Doesn't seem too unreasonable. Isn't that around how much CFH, BA Speedway, BT varients, etc. cost per bottle?

Mornin' Delight is really good.

[edit] I guess the 100%+ increase in what they're charging is pretty lame. I think MD was $8 a 12oz bottle first couple of releases?

Last edited:
$10 for glass
$10 for pour
$40 x2 for bottles.

Doesn't seem too unreasonable. Isn't that around how much CFH, BA Speedway, BT varients, etc. cost per bottle?

[edit] I guess the 100%+ increase in what they're charging is pretty lame. I think MD was $8 a 12oz bottle first couple of releases?

All those beers are barrel aged. Cost for barrel, time, angel's share. MD is an adjunct stout. Price is less of an issue than the 200% increase in cost from an originally pricey $8 12 ounce bottle.

All those beers are barrel aged. Cost for barrel, time, angel's share. MD is an adjunct stout. Price is less of an issue than the 200% increase in cost from an originally pricey $8 12 ounce bottle.
Beat me to it. That's pretty absurd. Of course you could probably just trade it for actually $40 worth of beer.

There are plenty of barrel aged stouts that don't run BA Speedway prices. Your argument is invalid.

but yeah. price increase sucks.

still would pay it... like sacrelicio said - drink one and trade the other.

$10 for glass
$10 for pour
$40 x2 for bottles.

You forgot to account for the box. TG took a page out of Upland's book with this one. Really it's more like $5 for pour, $10 for glass, $15 for each bottle, $55 for box.

Who doesn't love box?

Damn. Would have gotten in on this because I'm a sucker and it actually doesn't seem like a bad deal.

ISO tasting bros to drink that bomber with.

Read the details. This sounds like a pretty good system. Although, how the hell is parking tight in Iowa?

I sent in, I think I'll get on the list since it was 15 minutes after the announcement. Not excited about the cost but it'll be easy and I can trade one for something nice. Embracing my inner shitlord.

2 x 22 oz bottles @ $62.50 (with a 20% discount!)
with a free glass, free 10 oz pour, and a free commemorative box (!)

Seems like a steal when you look at all that free stuff they're giving you. Don't undervalue the importance of social media cred, either.

I will be there tomorrow morning. Any other TBers going?

Pulpit Rock will be releasing some beers that sound pretty good.
JSc0I0s.jpg

Also, for those making the drive to-and-from Minneapolis/Rochester, Forager will be releasing 200 crowlers of Pudding Goggles - 10.3% imperial porter that supposedly tastes like the milk in a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch - starting at 11 am tomorrow.
y3H1CRR.jpg

Back