Europe (Other) Travel in Catalunya and Spain

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by The Red Viper, Jul 21, 2016.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. Gene

Gene Just happy to be here Contributor

Will be in Barcelona and parts north of there for Easter week. Very excite. Will certainly be swinging by BierCaB at some point on the 10th or 11th.

drinkypoo, FoudreGuy and SpentBrain like this.
  2. sunnrider

sunnrider

You should see their taplist for today, it´s unreal. Fou, Rose, Struise, and a whole bunch of "big" stouts ;)

Gene likes this.
  3. IndianaJones

IndianaJones

Just booked me and my wife's flight to Barcelona for next March, can't wait. Flights were only $460 round trip from Dallas, what a steal! Hope to touch tips with some TB guys holding it down in Spain

sunnrider, SpentBrain and FoudreGuy like this.
  4. sunnrider

sunnrider

You could probably catch all three of us at the same pub ;)

IndianaJones and SpentBrain like this.
  5. IndianaJones

IndianaJones

Biercab, by any chance? My wife already said this isn't a "beer trip," but I'll be damned if I don't hit a few spots while there

SpentBrain likes this.
  6. sunnrider

sunnrider

We're overdue a meet up.

SpentBrain and IndianaJones like this.
  7. IndianaJones

IndianaJones

Any tips/tricks you can give me for getting from Barcelona to Brussels? I'm looking at Eurail right now, not sure if that's the right play or not

SpentBrain likes this.
  8. sunnrider

sunnrider

I haven't travelled from Bcn to Brussels but flying would be the best way to go.
    You can get round trip flights from Vueling or Ryanair to Brussels for about 75€ in June. (the Ryanair airport is further away)

Eurail would take longer.

SpentBrain and IndianaJones like this.
  9. SpentBrain

SpentBrain

Also open to suggestions for Madrid/San Sebastian/Valladolid. Will be there in July. My buddy is from Valladolid, so I'm sure he'll have plenty of suggestions as well.

RyanG likes this.
  10. RyanG

RyanG

Best part of our trip to Spain. We are going back next year with the kid, we loved it so much.

We stayed in Gros, right across from the beach. Every pinchos spot was excellent. Our favorite was A Fuego Negro: http://www.afuegonegro.com/?lang=en. Lots of higher end spots, Michelin rate, but did not go.

Also, take the bus/car to Bilboa to check out the Guggenheim.

sunnrider and SpentBrain like this.
  11. flip

flip

Valladolid
    - Roots (only 4 taps, but always top beers)
    - Vacceo (brewpub style)
    - Breguer (13 taps)

If you need or look for something in Valladolid and I can help you, tell me :)

SpentBrain likes this.
  12. AdamR46

AdamR46

I'll be in Valencia for a few days in November. Madrid for a day before I fly back.

Any spots for Whiskey/beer/good food in Valencia that are a must? I've never been to Spain.

Photekut likes this.
  13. IndianaJones

IndianaJones

sunnrider I remember we had a brief back and forth about my upcoming trip to Spain. We decided to skip on leaving Spain for Brussels and instead take a trip to Bilbao/San Sebastian. Kind of came to this conclusion based on a few things, partly because of the high remarks from The Ryan, and partly because traveling to another country for beer seemed too much a hassle when already in a great place for food and drink.

Any suggestions for San Sebastian? Plan to spend Monday and Tuesday night in San Sebastian and Wednesday night in Bilbao before flying back to BCN. Dates are Apr 2-Apr 5, which I know Apr 2 is a part of high holiday for Easter in Spain. I'm already figuring most things will be closed that Monday, hence why we made it a travel day.

Would love to meet for pintxos or something while in the Basque mountain area!

sunnrider likes this.
  14. SpentBrain

SpentBrain

Atari Gastro was my favorite pinxto spot in that area. Went back a couple times, but it gets really busy.

IndianaJones likes this.
  15. sunnrider

sunnrider

I actually live in the middle of San Sebastian, the mountains is just where I ride my bike ;)

Monday and Tuesday are good nights to check out the food scene, although some places close, the ones that are open will be more relaxed than at the weekend and the pintxos will be better. With only two days, I´d stay around and check out the beaches, shops and food in La Parte Vieja and Gros. Maybe head up to Monte Igueldo on the funicular, the views are worth it.

Definitely up for a few pintxos and beers .

IndianaJones likes this.
  16. sherm1016

sherm1016

IndianaJones likes this.
  17. stupac2

stupac2

My wife and I are doing a Barcelona trip in December, any new stuff in the year+ this thread has been inactive? I already added the various bars/breweries mentioned above to my list, but I assume some new stuff has come up. I could also use some advice on the dining scene, it seems dumb to go there and not try to do any of the Michelin restaurants, but I'm not sure how to prioritize given the sheer number... Unfortunately none of my foodie friends have been recently, so they're no help.

zieglemt likes this.
  18. zieglemt

zieglemt

Here's a thread from a Chicago foodie forum I frequent with some recent-ish input...and looks like at the same time of year last year: https://www.lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=44725

Also, I've heard nothing but good things about Tickets, as far as higher end places go.

stupac2 likes this.
  19. stupac2

stupac2

I've had Tickets come up a number of times, put it on the list. A friend just opened a 2011 LPK he got at BierCab when he was in Barcelona a few years back, that and my wife's passport coming today have me pretty excited. I need to buckle down and nail down some reservations etc.

ETA: Oh man they did Figueres, I really want to go there and do the Dali museum but my wife really wants to do montserrat and I'm not sure we can do both...

zieglemt likes this.