Europe (Other) Travel to Scandinavia?

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by HenrikO, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Odesseiron

Odesseiron

Cosigned

jisak74 likes this.
  2. markextrae

markextrae

I will be in copenhagen from 05 till 08 august. so if anyone wants to grab a beer. please do! i'm travelling alone, so it would be nice to meet up with some people.

after that i'm going to my family (near goteborg) by train from copenhagen. wich brings me through Helsingborg... i'm a big brewski fan, and i was wondering if you can visit their brewery and sample some beers there?

tbub18 likes this.
  3. TVeye

TVeye

Reading this thread today got me like:
    [​IMG]
    A gorgeous summer day of walking through Gamla Stan, hiking up that bridge to Södermalm, and there it appears to two weary travelers like a Shangri-La bearing 'loons and OppigÄrds Eldorado. Seriously, Akkurat is a magical place.

interman, jmgrub, Phin and 3 others like this.
  4. ttc

ttc

Will be in Stockholm 3/16-3/18 and CPH from 3/19-3/23 from California. Any tips? I'm traveling with non-beer people, but I'm staying near Akkurat so I plan to sneak over there while in Stockholm. I see there's an anniversary at Mikkeller & Friends, anyone have any word on if I should fear my girlfriend's wrath going there?

5. flexabull

flexabull

Mikkeller and Friends is a great place, I wouldn't miss it.

6. Ryan_G

Ryan_G

Does your girlfriend hate beer?

Mine digs it but is not the biggest fan. It is all about balance for us when traveling. For example, when we were in Stockholm we went to the really interesting photography museum, Fotografiska (http://fotografiska.eu/en/), and then stopped by Akkurat aftewards for a snack and beers. It was a nice short walk.

Omnipollo is a must visit too. Not to far from Akkurat. Great beers and even better pizzas.

For Copenhagen, I lost track of what Mikkeller was what. But the original one is a sweet sub floor spot that she would dig and there is a nearby restaurant. Or go to the food hall, Toverhallerne (http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/gastronomy/torvehallerne). Grab some food and they have a bottle shop too.

If you are in Copenhagen, you cannot miss Himmeriget. Blabaer, etc. on bottle list when I was there.

https://untappd.com/v/himmeriget/4320261

DCLA, sneakychi and GuzzleMcBrew like this.
  7. ttc

ttc

Haha - she doesn't hate it, but she doesn't like when we do something and it's all about "me."

I love your suggestions - thank you! I plan to do all of them. Do you think it's a good idea for me to bring a few things for share?

Edit: nevermind I hear it's illegal.

sneakychi and Ryan_G like this.
  8. Ryan_G

Ryan_G

If you have space. Everyone we met was very friendly. I know you can share beers at Oblitukken. They were closed when we went by, but met the owner another time and he was great. I brought stuff to share/trade but the airline lost my bag.

Also, go to to Vasa. Coolest museum with a giant ship.

9. howL

howL

Boy do I feel blessed to have a girlfriend that loves beer as much as I do! Does anyone have any suggestions for Malmo or Helsing(or/borg)? Food recommendations would be welcome too. Doing a day trip from Copenhagen to those two areas next month.

10. mrk_d

mrk_d

I'll be in Stockholm on June 28th, anyone interested in hanging for a little while at Akkurat?

11. Jnorton00

Jnorton00

Leave the G/F back in CPH or she may slap you a lot for ogling the women all day.

12. jmgrub

jmgrub

The girlfriend and I will be in Stockholm Saturday and Sunday July 2nd and 3rd and Wednesday - Sunday July 6 - 10. We would love to buy one of you a beer if any TBers are around. We already have Akkurat and Omnipollo on the list beer-wise, but would love any other food, bar or activity recommendations anyone may have.

13. Odesseiron

Odesseiron

I visited Stockholm again recently, and would say Oaxen Slip was by far the best dining experience for the price. It's the more decently priced bistro part of the 2 Michelin-starred Oaxen Krog. Traditional Swedish food with a modern gourmet twist.

Apart from that, tons of great fast food, like Flippin Burgers and Barrels, Burgers & Beer,. As far as craft beer bars go, Oliver Twist is worth a visit, although Akkurat and Omnipollo should have you more than covered.

mrk_d and jmgrub like this.
  14. jmgrub

jmgrub

Thanks so much! Very helpful!

Odesseiron likes this.
  15. HenrikO

HenrikO

Iris Grand Cru and De Ranke Kriek on tap at Akkurat right now.

Ryan_G and jmgrub like this.
  16. Dunt

Dunt

Oaxen Slip looks fantastic, thank you for mentionin it!

Anyone have any restaurant recs for Oslo?

Odesseiron and jmgrub like this.
  17. Ryan_G

Ryan_G

Omnipollo has great pizza.

Also, if you are into photohraphy/museum/artsy shit.

http://fotografiska.eu/en/

Is worth a visit!

jmgrub likes this.
  18. Dunt

Dunt

My wife and I did a dinner at Den Gyldene Freden last time we were in Stockholm. Cool history, romantic spot, great meal.

DCLA and jmgrub like this.
  19. jmgrub

jmgrub

Thanks man. I will be popping the question on this trip, so romantic spots are great to put on the list.

tbub18, DCLA and amk like this.
  20. Odesseiron

Odesseiron

Tons! Price range/cuisine?