Europe (Other) Travel to Scandinavia?

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by HenrikO, Mar 2, 2014.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. sneakychi

sneakychi

I'll be in town, don't really have any recs though. Maybe a slow paced stroll in Old Town (Gamla stan) watching the tourists? Worked with restoring old windows for some weeks in the Old Town a couple years back. Repeatedly hearing the guides making the same jokes over and over and over was super tiring...

DJPhresh likes this.
  2. shadowane

shadowane

Going to be in Sweden from May 28th to Jun 10th later this year. Starting in stockholm. Don't have any plans yet or know exactly where we are staying, but looking forward to it.

edit: I know we'll be Stockholm May 28th to May 31st then down to Malmo / Falsterbo for about a week. There will be a few more days after that but I'm not sure where we'll be yet other than somewhere in southern sweden still. One of the Falsterbo days will be spent in Copenhagen.

PurityControl88 and sneakychi like this.
  3. CommanderofAwesome

CommanderofAwesome

Heading to Stockholm/Copenhagen end of June - July. Thinking of spending a few days in Aero, anyone have any experience there? Will def hit up Omnipollo, Mikkeller(s), and Akkurat. Will be with the MRS. so not everything can be beer.

Doing ~14 days total, thinking 5ish in Stockholm, 3 days in Aero (or anyone else have better ideas? Want something cute, slow paced, out doors-y), and rest in Copenhagen. Mrs. is into fashion/hiking/cool shit.

sneakychi and GetchaPull like this.
  4. sneakychi

sneakychi

What? Where? :)

5. CommanderofAwesome

CommanderofAwesome

6. shadowane

shadowane

Okay folks, I'm going to be in Stockholm later this month. Will be in town Monday May 28th - Thursday May 31st. Basically most likely leaves the evenings of the 29th and the 30th to do stuff. Is Akkurat still worth visiting? Anywhere else I should check out instead? My family and I will also be around the city during the day and my kids are 3 and 5 if there is somewhere we could go where the kids wouldn't be out of place.

After Stockholm we're heading south to Malmo and Falsterbo with one day trip to Copenhagen. Unsure what we're doing in Copenhagen though.

PurityControl88 and flexabull like this.
  7. CommanderofAwesome

CommanderofAwesome

Also interested in the above, minus the kids part. I def want to check out omnipollo as well.

8. flexabull

flexabull

Yes, you should go to Akkurat. I took my kid with me too, she was one at the time. I never felt out of place.

I also enjoyed Mikkeller and Friends in Copenhagen. Kid stayed with my wife the night I checked it out though.

PurityControl88 likes this.
  9. shadowane

shadowane

My wife didn't get to go to Akkurat last time actually so given what you said, maybe we'll try to go during the day if it's open.

10. Max

Max

I'll be jumping in this thread (apart from now) in July.... headed to Copenhagen and Oslo July 18-25. am excite.

11. Dunt

Dunt

The Akkurat bottle list has been drank down quite a bit, but it stil has plenty of stuff worth checking out. I would walk down the street to Omnipollo Hatt and enjoy some delicious pizza and Omnipollo beer on tap. We've hit Oliver Twist in our visits as well, but I didnt find anything special about that bar. I know Stene was opening a new spot, but I think that was going to be less beer focused than before. Copenhagen is a great beer (as well as food) city right now, plenty to do there.

12. CommanderofAwesome

CommanderofAwesome

The bottle list was mostly Lambics/Gueuezes right?

13. jodan

jodan

I had a great time at Oliver Twists after leaving Akkurat in December. Fancy beer or not, everyone was super friendly and having fun. There was still plenty of great things at Akkurat to make it a stop.

14. shadowane

shadowane

Hey stupac2 it seems like you have an opinion or two on what's available at Akkurat. Any suggestions on things I should look for next week? I'll probably spend both nights there so have a little time, but if there's is something cool but not monstrously expensive I'll look for it. Any other suggestions from people are welcome too.

15. HenrikO

HenrikO

They should still have bottles left of the most recent batch of Soleil de Minuit, that one is a must, as is 3F Zenne (should have gotten some new batch bottles).

PurityControl88 and tikk like this.
  16. stupac2

stupac2

I haven't been there in nearly 4 years, so I'm definitely not the one to ask. The one thing I tend to mention that people might not otherwise think to get is a mid-90's Hanssens 375 that was like $15 and awesome, easily the best value on their menu, but it might be gone by now.

beerandraiderfan likes this.
  17. HenrikO

HenrikO

There’s some vintage Hanssen’s left for sure but I think all the 90s stuff is gone now

stupac2 likes this.
  18. stupac2

stupac2

That's too bad, that bottle was probably the best value of anything I had on that whole trip.

19. shadowane

shadowane

Great thanks guys. It's funny since it's been almost 4 years since I was last there too.

I'll keep an eye out for both of these and order them if they aren't terribly expensive.

20. Nische

Nische

There should be some early 00's Girardin still available, and they are absolutely amazing and not too expensive.

PurityControl88, HenrikO and DCLA like this.