Travelling to Indy for work, who wants to hang out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VaTechHopHead

Reaction score
Hello fellow BT members who reside in the Great Lakes region of the United States of 'Merica. I, Andy, will be travelling to Indianapolis on Friday, October 11th and departing on Monday, October 14th. I have some work to do Saturday/Sunday while I'm there but only during the day. I would like to extend this invitation to anyone remotely close to the area who would like to grace me with their presence and drink some beers and share our mutual intellect. If you cannot meet I would greatly appreciate any recommendations for food/beer spots in Indy. Willing to fly bottles in my suitcase from the CA area to share, donate to yourselves as well.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any feedback!

Cheers!

NOBODY WANTS TO EAT SALADS WITH YOU

crying-oklahoma-band-member-sports-crying-gifs.gif

I'm staying at a hotel a little bit West of Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Soooo Western Indianapolis...???

Oh **** man, **** goes down in dat dere part der town.

Dancers has some sort of food-based lunch buffet, but I've never been to verify the quality of either buffet being offered.

You're looking at a Bud Light capital of the city. If you don't mind driving around at all, there are some of "us" on the N/NE side, and then there is the Broad Ripple area which is about as good of a local scene as our poor-ass town city has.

Oh **** man, **** goes down in dat dere part der town.

Dancers has some sort of food-based lunch buffet, but I've never been to verify the quality of either buffet being offered.

You're looking at a Bud Light capital of the city. If you don't mind driving around at all, there are some of "us" on the N/NE side, and then there is the Broad Ripple area which is about as good of a local scene as our poor-ass town city has.
Will have rental car, company paying for everything, I'll drive all over that ***** if I have to to bang some locals...local beer that is

For a second there I was just about to BM you Mongo's address and let you guys figure that one out.
Haha, it's all good. I just figured if I'm going to be in Indy for ~3 days alone I might as well bring some beer and try to make friends. Even though the last guy I met from Indiana *cough* backfat *cough* is a total weirdo

I would approve of this as well, would that help lure other BT friends in as well?? I have zero knowledge of who lives in that area or what beer places all the cool kids hang out at. But I am willing to be your puppet...
I was joking about Fort Wayne. There is literally no reason whatsoever to go to Fort Wayne. Ever.

We could, however, meet up at Dark Horse in Marshall, Michigan. Or I could drive down to Indy, because I love driving so much...

I was joking about Fort Wayne. There is literally no reason whatsoever to go to Fort Wayne. Ever.

We could, however, meet up at Dark Horse in Marshall, Michigan. Or I could drive down to Indy, because I love driving so much...
Goddammitt Mark, worst mod ever. And here I find myself googling fun little activities for us to to hand in hand while enjoying the crisp Autumn Fort Wayne breeze. I was even going to get a new Burberry scarf.

Again, either is fine with me but I do have work to do on Saturday so if I drive to MI then the party (because it's not officially a party until I'm there) would start later in the evening. If you are in Indy then we could get down and dirty ASAP, probably around 4PM.

Goddammitt Mark, worst mod ever. And here I find myself googling fun little activities for us to to hand in hand while enjoying the crisp Autumn Fort Wayne breeze. I was even going to get a new Burberry scarf.

Again, either is fine with me but I do have work to do on Saturday so if I drive to MI then the party (because it's not officially a party until I'm there) would start later in the evening. If you are in Indy then we could get down and dirty ASAP, probably around 4PM.
Will consider for sure. I could also probably rustle up another local-ish BA or two to hang.

Can confirm. Had to ride there a couple of times when I played for St. Xavier. Worst ride ever followed up by worst town ever...and I thought Wilmington was country...

Damn it, if this turns into a full-fledged TalkBeer.com screw party I'm cummin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can confirm. Had to ride there a couple of times when I played for St. Xavier. Worst ride ever followed up by worst town ever...and I thought Wilmington was country...

Damn it, if this turns into a full-fledged TalkBeer.com screw party I'm cummin.
Will bring SoCal whales, even Alpine for you uneducated fools who think it's the Bees Knees, to entice BTs to get together and huddle in a corner drinking beer

Last edited by a moderator:
How far is that!!?!?!

Edit: Just mapped it, ~4 hrs. Not outside the realm of possibility...

MarkIntihar

You lovebirds may as well meet at my house, or this awesome town I know of just NW of me that is basically the corn and probably meth spot of Indy.

Keep me posted with all of these @'s and **** that you folk use on these internets.

MarkIntihar

You lovebirds may as well meet at my house, or this awesome town I know of just NW of me that is basically the corn and probably meth spot of Indy.

Keep me posted with all of these @'s and **** that you folk use on these internets.
I'm probably flying to Mexico again that Monday so...... **** it, why not?

Would it be cool for me to invite clintonpuckett as well? Dunno if he'd be able to make it, but I always hit him up when I'm gonna be in Indy...

I dunno, it's Shaggs Big Red, ask him. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. This **** never gets old for me, Dave is going to punch either me or Scott in the face at some point.

Back