Untappd Beer Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've only gone through some of the comments so far, but to those who are bitching about the "leave the field because lightning could kill you immediately" clause, shut the **** up.

Seems like there could have been other issues, but concerning that specific thing, your complaining holds no weight when it comes to something like lightning. I'm so sorry you had to alter your plans, but weigh the experience you wanted vs being instantly dead.

The thing amazed me was the cups. They printed their logo on plastic cups and called it their souvenir cup. But math is hard, so they didn't make enough for the attendees so you got a plastic condiment cup instead?

67736CF3-B89A-426A-8AA9-0D14528F18C7.jpeg

Heard they were jus condiment cups lol

So is the issue that the souvenir cup sucked (or was not really one) and there was lightning?

I mean most beer fest suck to try and get inside. DLD, Huna, and Bells Funvitational all took time to get into because of the number of people. I'm guessing they had one gate open at the stadium, that was dumb but not the first time it's happened.

If the taps were flowing and the beer was good this seems like a bunch of first world problems.

So is the issue that the souvenir cup sucked (or was not really one) and there was lightning?

I mean most beer fest suck to try and get inside. DLD, Huna, and Bells Funvitational all took time to get into because of the number of people. I'm guessing they had one gate open at the stadium, that was dumb but not the first time it's happened.

If the taps were flowing and the beer was good this seems like a bunch of first world problems.
Supposedly most breweries weren't even set up by the time the VIP access started. So a lot of tents had nothing to pour. Also took them days to acquire a permits to pour anything.

Can't do much about the weather, so people complaining about that are ********.

However, who thought it was a good idea to have a 12,500 person festival in a football stadium as their FIRST EVER festival? Have a couple small regional ones or something like that first. Going that big out of the gate is a recipe for disaster, and apparently that's how it turned out.

However, who thought it was a good idea to have a 12,500 person festival in a football stadium as their FIRST EVER festival? Have a couple small regional ones or something like that first. Going that big out of the gate is a recipe for disaster, and apparently that's how it turned out.

tenor.gif

Shoulda called this go getter

Andy-King-Fyre.jpg

Is any festival that big besides GABF?

Back