US - Mid-Atlantic Upstate NY thread

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by mborden, Sep 30, 2013.

Help Support TalkBeer Community by donating:

1. chefduff2

chefduff2

That's awesome they treated you well especially under the circumstances. I would try the Beer again if brought to me, but I'm not driving the hour one way for it. I would rather drive to Prison City or Upstate where the Beer has it's ups and downs, but they have been super friendly to me.

Dino likes this.
  2. Thevicster

Thevicster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can Release // June 24

This Saturday 6/24 at 12pm, we will be releasing 16oz cans of Sky Thing! The tasting room will be open and our buddies at Stock Up will be serving up some of those amazing sandwiches.

[​IMG]
    Sky Thing

(8%) DDH Double IPA, hopped in the kettle w/ Azacca & Citra and double dry-hopped w/ Azacca & Citra powder. ($18 per four-pack / 3 four-packs per person / approx. 80 cases available)

[​IMG]
    Air Out
    [postponed]

Air Out didn't quite make it in time. We'll be releasing this one in the next few weeks, so stay tuned for more information coming soon.

[​IMG]

Plan Your Visit
    You may want to consider arriving a little early to guarantee your stash, for now we are limiting three 4-packs per person. We have 80 cases. These limits are subject to change during the day of the release.

Parking is available in the municipal parking lot on Churchill Street. Our entrance is located in the back of the white cinder block warehouse. Click here for directions.

[​IMG]

From Our Cellar...

3. seedavid

seedavid

So I guess I've got enough people posting pictures of Equilibrium cans on Instagram to warrant a drive up. I don't really care about buying cans, I just want to try some beer. Are the can releases already a shit show, and if so, around what time does that generally clear out? I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Also, since I'll generally be in the region, maybe I'll check out Angry Orchard and Hudson Valley as well. Which I guess means I have the same question regarding Hudson Valley re: the shitshow factor--are the can releases already a shit show, and if so, around what time does that generally clear out? I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Os and lambandtunaphish like this.
  4. vonnegut21

vonnegut21

Haven't been to Equilibrium yet, so can't comment on that. People seem to go nuts for their beer because it's so fucking turbid, but I don't get the hype. I've had one or two really good ones and a bunch of just okay ones from them.

Hudson Valley is making a bunch of interesting, tasty beers across a bunch of styles. I've never seen a huge line at the brewery before, but it gets a nice crowd. I think you should be fine whenever, personally. Grab some food that Stock Up is serving on site. Those guys make ridiculous sandwiches.

If you're looking for another stop, Industrial Arts is definitely worth it. They're making some great beers and since they're not mega hazy they seem to have a bit less hype around them. Brewer is formerly from Ithaca Brewery and Peekskill Brewing and knows how to brew a tasty beverage.

5. MikeG

MikeG

Industrial Arts cans are now available at WF in NYC, and not badly priced either. Complete game changer for my summer

seedavid likes this.
  6. Os

Os

I definitely recommend Angry Orchard!

pythonhgr, Padraig and seedavid like this.
  7. lambandtunaphish

lambandtunaphish

Someone start a mid-Hudson River Valley thread!

seedavid likes this.
  8. Os

Os

Suarez and Industrial Arts for me tomorrow. Anyone around?

9. seedavid

seedavid

I think Em and I are doing Equilibrium > Angry Orchard > Hudson Valley, so we'll be in the area. So maybe we can meet up at some point.

Os likes this.
  10. Os

Os

Text me!

11. Thevicster

Thevicster

Didn't know they had an orchard in N.Y., id like to try their barrel room tour.

Also, angry orchard is on ALBANY post road, so I'm claiming it for the greater metro Albany area...:D

Also also, if you enjoy cider you should hit up Indian ladder farms sometime

Was there last night. Bottle of vintage 100 still available for anyone who hasn't gotten one yet

12. Os

Os

the stuff Ryan is doing at AO in Walden is fantastic...

I'll check out Indian Ladder some day...

I got vintage Hundo last week when I was up with other friends... now going back with Mike to drink more pils and WHILE

seedavid likes this.
  13. doctorstiffington

doctorstiffington

So I'll take a minute to talk up Rushing Duck. Hopefully this is the right thread. I love this place even though I don't get up there very often. Located only ten minutes from where I grew up, I consider these guys my original "local." Anyway, I stopped by yesterday and was able to leave with 5 different cans of tasty beer(lager, 2 different IPAs, saison and a sour). A nice change from some of the area breweries where you have to line up or miss out.

14. Os

Os

Good people there too

15. seedavid

seedavid

Good fridge there too. #vitoismyforte

gregkoko, pythonhgr, Os and 1 other person like this.
  16. Os

Os

Ha! Happy/sad when I see that

pythonhgr likes this.
  17. BadJustin

BadJustin Premium Supporter Contributor

Just gonna go on record to say anything east/south of Albany is not Upstate. :)

Signed-

Upstate NY

18. doctorstiffington

doctorstiffington

I kind of agree. When I lived in Central Valley I never thought of it as upstate. NYC people probably did though. So where to post about Rushing Duck?

scramin85 and BadJustin like this.
  19. chefduff2

chefduff2

A Hudson valley thread? In my head I lump all those newish breweries in the Hudson valley area.

20. BadJustin

BadJustin Premium Supporter Contributor

Here is fine man. I was just making an observation. :)

doctorstiffington and sliverx like this.