US - South-Atlantic Virginia

Discussion in 'Beer Travel, Events and Releases' started by JBPortland, May 24, 2016.

1. JBPortland

JBPortland

Well it is official, I will be moving from Maine down to Virginia this summer for a work transfer. I'll be working in VA Beach and living in the Hampton Roads region (final location TBD). Excited to get down there.

I would love to get to know some Talkbeerians in the area and in Virginia as a whole. Always up for nice chill bottle shares with friends, also into golf, disc golf, good food, whiskey, concerts, outdoors, etc. I'll be bringing a stocked cellar full of Allagash, Oxbow, and various other goodies down with me that I would very much enjoy sharing with people.

I saw that Virginia also doesn't appear to have its own comprehensive thread on here. Yes it's a big state but hell, Texas has its own thread, why can't we? :)

Please feel free to reach out and I'll post up again when the move is near. Looking like early July.

Cheers and hope to meet some of you soon!

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Hanzo, Shilt, OlavZipser and 2 others like this.
  2. Gene

Gene Administrator Staff Member

Fixed the prefix and bolded the thread's new mission statement. I think VA deserves a comprehensive thread.

Mischiefq, OlavZipser and JBPortland like this.
  3. oldp0rt

oldp0rt

What about your user name?

And who's gonna pick me up some bissell when I got to Maine ? :(

Gene and JBPortland like this.
  4. Shilt

Shilt

Hit me up if you ever come to Richmond (you know, to stock up on Veil, Answer, and Triple Crossing hoppy offerings), happy to crack a few bottles or grab some beers in the area.Oddly enough, my good buddy (not a big craft beer guy) is moving from Portland to Brooklyn, so my Allagash stash will now be non existent. Also, you will very much want to check out Esoteric in VA Beach. Amazing food, and great craft beer list.

JBPortland likes this.
  5. Dooley

Dooley

What's the scene like at Ashlin? Like if I show up at 4-5 on a Saturday, will I have to wait a long time to get a seat or fill a crowler?

6. Hanzo

Hanzo

JBPortland likes this.
  7. SoggyBreeches

SoggyBreeches

Anyone frequent Hardywood up in Richmond? I'd be happy to set up some some exchanges for some tasty Boston brews - Trillium, Nightshift, Clown Shoes, Cambridge Brewing Co, Downeast etc. Also I will be traveling to VT for Alchemist cases as well as stopping at HF so lmk.

Hanzo, Photekut and Shilt like this.
  8. SoggyBreeches

SoggyBreeches

Tree House? Trillium? Allagash? Come on guys... o_O

Photekut likes this.
  9. Shilt

Shilt

Overkill. Look at what they have available, let me know what you want, and I'm happy to send it out for cost + label. I have too many ipa's (and beers) in the fridge at the moment for a trade. However, happy to work out something else when GBS comes out in the winter, if you'd like. Cheers!

mateoloco, Hanzo and JBPortland like this.
  10. SoggyBreeches

SoggyBreeches

Good man. Will be in touch.

11. Don

Don

I've got a ton of hardywood (mostly courtesy of Shilt) id be happy to share with you anytime. My cellar ain't gonna drink itself.

mateoloco likes this.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo

Hardywood is so 2015.

It's all about dat Veil now.

13. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels

Sam - don't help a shitlord skirt the rules. He can't post in the trade forums so he's using this as his trade forum. Let him become part of the community before he starts taking advantage of good souls like you.

mateoloco, Photekut, DoctorM and 2 others like this.
  14. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels

Read this and get acquainted with the site. This place is about community first, trading is something that comes well after. Those are our priorities. Fuck with them and you'll regret it. History repeats itself.

15. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

Please don't hook this douche up

http://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/dude-how-long-till-i-can-trade.34910/

16. Dooley

Dooley

I can stop at exactly one brewery in Richmond. Which one should it be?

17. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels

Veil.

18. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony

Answer/Mekong...2 for the price of 1. Plus they sometimes have a Veil IPA on as a guest draft.

mateoloco, Hanzo and Beerontwowheels like this.
  19. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels

That was my 2nd answer. But a good point because Answer/Mekong also have food.

wuntrikpony likes this.
  20. Don

Don

I was in Richmond for one night last week and hit most of the breweries, definitely second answer/mekong.

mateoloco, Hanzo and Shilt like this.