Wachusett Larry Can Dates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwbbq

Reaction score
I noticed a faint 07/05/14 on the bottom of the Larry cans I bought tonight, and was surprised because I didn't know they dated their cans. At the same time I was annoyed that they put the "good before" date on there because that can wildly vary from brewery to brewery. HF dated my Double Citra (delicious!) growlers to "drink by" 1 week from the fill date, which is amazing, but some breweries will put a "good before" date of up to a year after bottling on them...even for IPAs, which is criminal.

Does anyone know how far out Wachusett dates their cans? The optimist in me says it could be 4 months (canned 3/4) but the pessimist thinks it could be much longer.

Thanks!

According to freshbeeronly.com:
"Wachusett: Uses a best before date. On the left hand side of the front label, the month is notched The date is 4 months from bottling."

I'd guess its the same for cans, but not certain

-not fast enough

Thanks to both of you! I never like to assume, since there are some stores where IPAs collect dust for a year and they keep them on the shelves. Fresh is SO GOOD.

There are dates inked on the bottom of those cans though, as mentioned in the OP. I see no reason that they would use a different dating system for cans vs. bottles
I was thinking people were saying they notch a label on the can.

Back